Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2014 10:30:27 AM EDT
Guys,

Looking for a Piston AR-15 and I'm really looking close at the PWS  MK110, I will be shooting
most of the time suppressed so wanted to ask if anyone has run into any issues with running your PWS
suppressed ???

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys,

Looking for a Piston AR-15 and I'm really looking close at the PWS  MK110, I will be shooting
most of the time suppressed so wanted to ask if anyone has run into any issues with running your PWS
suppressed ???

Thanks in advance

View Quote

Not the MK110, but a good representation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsj6ply3xgc
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No I have had no issues what so ever
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Mk 112 with an AAC 762 SDN6 and it runs fine in both semi and F/A.  With full, there is definitely the dreaded gas face.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Love mine, did have a little blow back on the recommended position 3, moved it to 4 and I'm lovin it.  Wish I could find an MK2 lower to SBR also, no luck yet.!
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine, did have a little blow back on the recommended position 3, moved it to 4 and I'm lovin it.  Wish I could find an MK2 lower to SBR also, no luck yet.!
View Quote

Little to no gas in face on 4?
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
what buffers are you using?  H2 or 3 or 4?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
No gas in face so far on pos. 4
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what buffers are you using?  H2 or 3 or 4?
View Quote

I think they recommend an H3 for full auto use and an H4 for dedicated suppressed use.  I have used the H2 with the lowest setting on my MK118 with no issues with a GemTech Trek556.  If I was going to use nothing but mil-spec 5.56NATO loads like XM193 or M855 I would use the H4 as those loads are 15% overcharged compared to standard .223 Rem.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have any experience using an H4 buffer in a PWS upper yet? I've found my H2 is too light for my MK112 and am looking to try an H3 or even the H4 as I keep my suppressor on it at all times.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience using an H4 buffer in a PWS upper yet? I've found my H2 is too light for my MK112 and am looking to try an H3 or even the H4 as I keep my suppressor on it at all times.
View Quote

I went with the H3. I want to be able to run with or without a suppressor just in case. I don't want to be in a situation where my rifle ONLY cycles properly if a suppressor is attached or running a certain "hot" ammo.

Besides, I can open the H3 and add tungsten weights to make it an H4 if I really wanted to.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top