Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
For those who haven't seen the update in GD, and I'm sure Corby won't be publicizing this...

F&D Defense LLC is pleased to announce that it has entered into an
agreement with LWRC International, Inc., in which the parties resolved
the pending litigation between them. F&D regrets the statements that
were made about LWRCI by a former employee. F&D agrees that LWRCI
is the proper owner of U.S. Patent No. 8,342,075, entitled "Receiver for
an Auto-loading Firearm”, and that the patent is valid and enforceable.
The company is pleased that, as part of the agreement, LWRCI has
licensed F&D to use that patent
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For those who haven't seen the update in GD, and I'm sure Corby won't be publicizing this...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

F&D Defense LLC is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with LWRC International, Inc., in which the parties resolved the pending litigation between them. F&D regrets the statements that were made about LWRCI by a former employee. F&D agrees that LWRCI is the proper owner of U.S. Patent No. 8,342,075, entitled "Receiver for an Auto-loading Firearm”, and that the patent is valid and enforceable. The company is pleased that, as part of the agreement, LWRCI has licensed F&D to use that patent

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what was going on with that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That's one hell of a confusing statement.  On one hand it sounds like Corby's lawsuit got smacked down and his allegations that he designed what amounts to the REPR was proven false, while on the other hand giving credence to his claims that he did have something to do with the design and thus some kind of legal ownership since LWRCI gave him permission to use it, otherwise LWRCI would have completely wiped the floor with him.  

Sounds like a win-win outcome, but how the hell is that possible these days?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's one hell of a confusing statement.  On one hand it sounds like Corby's lawsuit got smacked down and his allegations that he designed what amounts to the REPR was proven false, while on the other hand giving credence to his claims that he did have something to do with the design and thus some kind of legal ownership since LWRCI gave him permission to use it, otherwise LWRCI would have completely wiped the floor with him.  

View Quote

That or LWRC is making some cash off of the license agreement, to let F&D use their patent. I haven't gotten to look at the details of their license agreement though, so cannot say for sure.

Easier to just let something go, as opposed to continuing to have a long fight, especially if LWRC is still looking for a buyer. Now, there is no legal battle for a potential buyer to be worried about.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's assuming that Corby still has anything to do with F&D.  Let's not forget that F&D got a temporary restraining order against him, and the comment in the press release "F&D regrets the statements that were made about LWRCI by a former employee."

I wonder how much of what we were led to believe, that Corby IS F&D and that it's his company (with, from what he said, no other employees), is complete bullshit.

Sounds like he wasn't in as much control at F&D as he let on, and that those who ARE in control were not too happy about how he conducted himself on various internet fora.  With that troublesome bee out of their bonnet, LWRC was more than happy to license the applicable features to F&D, picking up some cash if they start producing at a reasonable rate.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's assuming that Corby still has anything to do with F&D.  Let's not forget that F&D got a temporary restraining order against him, and the comment in the press release "F&D regrets the statements that were made about LWRCI by a former employee."

I wonder how much of what we were led to believe, that Corby IS F&D and that it's his company (with, from what he said, no other employees), is complete bullshit.

Sounds like he wasn't in as much control at F&D as he let on, and that those who ARE in control were not too happy about how he conducted himself on various internet fora.  With that troublesome bee out of their bonnet, LWRC was more than happy to license the applicable features to F&D, picking up some cash if they start producing at a reasonable rate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I visited F&D about 1 1/2 years ago and met Corby and at that time he was one of two guys that made up the company and the second guy was a "helper."  Corby was doing all the machining and assembling himself; "helper" was there to answer phone and process orders etc. This is my opinion based upon what I observed. There may have been individuals behind the scenes that were posibly the $ for example.  I know a way to find out if he is still there and will look into it.

ETA:  I went by the facility just to check out what was happening as I passed by a couple times and was curious. I was offered a place in line for one of the first production runs of the 308 but passed up the oportunity. I don't have any other involvement except for being curious as how Corby's allegations in his other thread would turn out. There's a good reason I passed on a rifle. My loyalties lie elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I visited F&D about 1 1/2 years ago and met Corby and at that time he was one of two guys that made up the company and the second guy was a "helper."  Corby was doing all the machining and assembling himself; "helper" was there to answer phone and process orders etc. This is my opinion based upon what I observed. There may have been individuals behind the scenes that were posibly the $ for example.  I know a way to find out if he is still there and will look into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His LLC lists himself as Registered Agent, and someone in OK as Manager.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Just when I though all this was behind us....
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
As long as there is micro-lapping to be done, it's never over.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one else has done it before.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I visited F&D about 1 1/2 years ago and met Corby and at that time he was one of two guys that made up the company and the second guy was a "helper."  Corby was doing all the machining and assembling himself; "helper" was there to answer phone and process orders etc.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Perhaps LWRC will have enough cash to buy Colt  Big old govt tit company not really in line with consumer sales would have a hard time selling weapons.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top