Wulfmann
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Another LWRC sale story link

Here is the related story

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if it does happen I hope they relocate to FL. I'd love to work for them. Also it would be cool to have a back in the old days LWRC in a decade or two.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw this story earlier on The Firearms Blog.  We'll see if it's actually true.

Personally, I think selling to Colt would be a good thing.  It will help "legitimize" the piston gun in general and the LWRC piston in particular.  It will be interesting to see what Colt does with the brand.  Will they rename the guns as Colt piston rifles and discontinue the 6940P?  Will they leave the LWRC brand alone and allow it to continue as a competing product?
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will they leave the LWRC brand alone and allow it to continue as a competing product?
View Quote

It would be smart. Kinda like the case office depot and staples being owned by the same company.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
It's still so (dupe).
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Whatsapp sold for $19billion and LWRC sells for $60million.

I have no idea what to think about those numbers but just saying

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw this story earlier on The Firearms Blog.  We'll see if it's actually true.

Personally, I think selling to Colt would be a good thing.  It will help "legitimize" the piston gun in general and the LWRC piston in particular.  It will be interesting to see what Colt does with the brand.  Will they rename the guns as Colt piston rifles and discontinue the 6940P?  Will they leave the LWRC brand alone and allow it to continue as a competing product?
View Quote

If this is true, and Colt does acquire LWRC, in all likelihood they would leave the LWRC as a separate brand.
LWRC has already done something Colt has not; that is build a brand cache synonymous with premium prices which consumers have not objected to paying.
Colt's higher manufacturing efficiency and clear economy of scale costs savings advantage on certain parts, when plugged into LWRC's rifles, would lead to higher per unit profit margins on that basis alone.

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's still so (dupe).
View Quote

Rules. We have them. Cite.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wulfmann
View Quote

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.
What's App has 450 Million active users.
LWRC probably doesn't have a 1/100th of the number of owners and has all the aforementioned items working against it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Read Wulf's link and saw this, then stopped reading:
"Recent inquiries from AllOutoor to LWRC regarding possible advertising and T&E rifles were met with some pretty bizarre responses, which stated that the company is currently prohibited from entering into any “contracts, obligations, or expenditures.”

Pretty much SOLD!

This statement generally means there's a MOU / LOI "in play" and someone is currently in the final phases of evaluation of the books and their own forecast models before they enter their final offer and execute a purchase of the company.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.
LWRC probably doesn't have a 1/100th of the number of owners and has all the aforementioned items working against it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wulfmann

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.

If TSHTF I would rather have an LWRC than an app. Just my way of seeing it

Back in the tech bubble Amazon with one single building was worth more than the entire nation of New Zealand.
That, also, made no sense to me. I am not disputing these things just saying WTF

As for dupe, looked but, I did not see

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's still so (dupe).
View Quote

OK found it in GD so yeah this is a dupe.

I somehow thought of this as a Piston AR subject

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
At this point are there piston systems different, or have they collaborated on the Colt piston?

That tri site on my M6-SL looks quite colt, but it is better because of the bayo lug.

Better get an LWRC shirt while I can and my AA stuff is now looking even better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wulfmann

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.

OTOH, now that LWRC owners have become less than 1/100,000 of their concern, your rifles just became just about worthless especially if you can't get parts or support.  You think that busy Colt call center cares you stuck $2K into your rifle and now who you gonna talk to?  This sucks, better get em on GB before everyone knows. I hope I'm wrong, I just bought 2.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad I got my IC lower already...
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
That may not be a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's to hoping they don't adopt Colts customer service practices.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Noooooo!  I have been buying from these guys even when they were on the industry forum here
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Did anyone read the lawsuit petition filed by the inner of FD Defense?

He claims to have invented the RaePR . . . At least that's what I think he was saying.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I doubt if the change will be discernible to end users/buyers. Everybody crapped their pants over AAC being sold and I haven't noticed any tangible changes there - this is probably going to pan out the same. Darren and Jesse sure should guard against getting Brittingham'd, though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Army going to piston
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]
You'd think it odd to spend that kind of money to add a piston system when you have one.  As stated above, keeping it LWRC in a more powerful environment would be a good business decision to cater to private sales.  Scales of economy would also make it more profitable.  Here's to hoping that even if the name goes away, the parts and design stay.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting.  I kind of feel like it would be sad to see LWRC as we all know it go away.  As others have stated, so long as Colt leaves them alone, maybe it will be fine.  In the short run, LWRC may remain untouched, but over time, large companies can't seen to leave well enough alone.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Army going to piston
View Quote

Only if there was a new RFP and contract about to be issued.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Dupity dupe.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not too sure what to think about all this , but most of the thoughts are not good . To me it feels similar to when a girlfriend cheats on you . I have 2 SPR's and am waiting for a 20" Spiral Fluted R.E.P.R. I order a month ago . So lots of dollars spent with a company I believed in , Colt not so much . I was going to sell a SPR to a friend to get the new SPR with the Mono upper but now I'm unsure . I hear these will be saying Colt on the side of them soon . Will we be able to get the same customer service , will we be able to get parts for our guns we already have and if so for how long , just a few of the questions . I feel for all the families that work there also , if they move to FL that's a lot of people losing jobs . Greed for Bernstein took over I guess , too bad because they could of been worth even more in the future it would of seemed . Then again , every gun manufacture could be loosing all civilian sales in the near future with the King and his men ! So that would be a lose . I heard they just got a $100 mil contract with Israel , to big too fast ??
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#28]
The reason is for Gov contracts.

The 6.8 in Spec II chamber, with the improvements made by LWRCi in the mid size platform, has the mil interested here again. With a draw down of forces, it is easier to swap calibers.

Don't forget Federal is making 150 million rounds a year now for gov contracts. A lot of the FBI and the DEA has already switched.

Harrison at ARP got a big order, taking all of his SBR 6.8s from the DEA about two months ago.

Not only the Saudis, the Jordanians are into it now, there are more than a handful of countries looking to upgrade to the 6.8.

The problems with the Rem chamber was the reason the mil decided against it. It was unsafe using ammo loaded to the velocities that the actual correct chamber ( which is now called Spec II ) was supposed to work with.

Colt is itching for a new contract, and they are also a member of SAMMI, and an influential one. They can submit the spec II chamber under their own name, like , 6.8Colt, or 6.8 ACR , 6.8mm NATO etc.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The reason is for Gov contracts.

The 6.8 in Spec II chamber, with the improvements made by LWRCi in the mid size platform, has the mil interested here again. With a draw down of forces, it is easier to swap calibers.

Don't forget Federal is making 150 million rounds a year now for gov contracts. A lot of the FBI and the DEA has already switched.

Harrison at ARP got a big order, taking all of his SBR 6.8s from the DEA about two months ago.

Not only the Saudis, the Jordanians are into it now, there are more than a handful of countries looking to upgrade to the 6.8.

The problems with the Rem chamber was the reason the mil decided against it. It was unsafe using ammo loaded to the velocities that the actual correct chamber ( which is now called Spec II ) was supposed to work with.

Colt is itching for a new contract, and they are also a member of SAMMI, and an influential one. They can submit the spec II chamber under their own name, like , 6.8Colt, or 6.8 ACR , 6.8mm NATO etc.
View Quote

This would be quite earth shaking if it happens.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm not too sure what to think about all this , but most of the thoughts are not good . To me it feels similar to when a girlfriend cheats on you . I have 2 SPR's and am waiting for a 20" Spiral Fluted R.E.P.R. I order a month ago . So lots of dollars spent with a company I believed in , Colt not so much . I was going to sell a SPR to a friend to get the new SPR with the Mono upper but now I'm unsure . I hear these will be saying Colt on the side of them soon . Will we be able to get the same customer service , will we be able to get parts for our guns we already have and if so for how long , just a few of the questions . I feel for all the families that work there also , if they move to FL that's a lot of people losing jobs . Greed for Bernstein took over I guess , too bad because they could of been worth even more in the future it would of seemed . Then again , every gun manufacture could be loosing all civilian sales in the near future with the King and his men ! So that would be a lose . I heard they just got a $100 mil contract with Israel , to big too fast ??
View Quote

It sounds like LWRC is producing the weapons, it will just say Colt instead of LWRC., which tells me Colt is paying a "copyright" fee.  If they move to,FL I'm sure a lot of the employees would move with them.  I am going to say its safe that their employees are treated quite nicely and would help with the move of their employees.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#31]
This makes sense because of the demand for the caliber in the military community around the globe. I dont see lwrc being able to produce the amount of rifles tht would be needed for a gov contract with the US. This should be looked at as a good thing as long as colt doesn't try to change what lwrc has become and their great rifles/parts/service. Rumor is this would mean some branch of our military should be switching to the 6.8 and gas piston system due to the lack of lethality with the 5.56 and the constant maintenance an reliability issues soldiers have had with the M4 since day 1.

Wouldn't this be a good thing as well for the shooters who are fond of the caliber? If it becomes the new 5.56 I would imagine it would make parts and ammo cheaper and more available. I know it would take a long long time but just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Ehh I predict not much will change to the consumer.  They will most likely act as colt's boutique brand retaining a high level of autonomy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This makes sense because of the demand for the caliber in the military community around the globe. I dont see lwrc being able to produce the amount of rifles tht would be needed for a gov contract with the US. This should be looked at as a good thing as long as colt doesn't try to change what lwrc has become and their great rifles/parts/service. Rumor is this would mean some branch of our military should be switching to the 6.8 and gas piston system due to the lack of lethality with the 5.56 and the constant maintenance an reliability issues soldiers have had with the M4 since day 1.

Wouldn't this be a good thing as well for the shooters who are fond of the caliber? If it becomes the new 5.56 I would imagine it would make parts and ammo cheaper and more available. I know it would take a long long time but just a thought.
View Quote

I've had no issues with my M16 or M4. I don't know what it is with civilians telling us we don't like something. We are not switching calibers. 556 works just fine and there are many people not breathing anymore due to it. The logistics, manufacturing, and use of the 556 is too widespread to warrant changing it. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I seem to remember when the .30-06 was so commonly used, it would never get changed.  From discussions with a retired, high ranking Marine, "they are looking at piston systems firing larger caliber rounds."  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

OTOH, now that LWRC owners have become less than 1/100,000 of their concern, your rifles just became just about worthless especially if you can't get parts or support.  You think that busy Colt call center cares you stuck $2K into your rifle and now who you gonna talk to?  This sucks, better get em on GB before everyone knows. I hope I'm wrong, I just bought 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wulfmann

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.

Don't think you have to worry, at least not until the facility moves.  I bought a Six8 SPR this week and some parts from online webstore and LWRCI had them both to me in 3 days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Don't think you have to worry, at least not until the facility moves.  I bought a Six8 SPR this week and some parts from online webstore and LWRCI had them both to me in 3 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wulfmann

Less laws.
Less compliance.
Less legal liability.
Global scope.
User base.

I don't think Colt's CS is taking over LWRC CS.  I think this more allowing Colt to use the LWRC product and put "Colt" instead of "LWRC".  This helps LWRC get into the MIL where Colt has ruled for a long time.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've had no issues with my M16 or M4. I don't know what it is with civilians telling us we don't like something. We are not switching calibers. 556 works just fine and there are many people not breathing anymore due to it. The logistics, manufacturing, and use of the 556 is too widespread to warrant changing it. Get used to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am simply going off the conversations I have had with my family and friends that have served that all said their service rifles were hunks of shit and never worked. Also basing it off of any radio/podcasts I have listen to where it seems to be an issue that is often talked about.  I don't have an issue with 556, I am not a member of our armed forces and never served a day in my life.. So comparing wht I do with my rifle to what men and women servin do with theirs, would be absurd. I am not trying to tell anyone what you do and don't like, I am simply saying that everything I have heard from people I know have served states otherwise. But I still wouldn't be surprised I this was all due to the demand of 6.8 in the military.

Thank you for serving our country and fighting for our freedom.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#38]
If Colt did take over LWRC would they still have the same warranty?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am simply going off the conversations I have had with my family and friends that have served that all said their service rifles were hunks of shit and never worked. Also basing it off of any radio/podcasts I have listen to where it seems to be an issue that is often talked about.  I don't have an issue with 556, I am not a member of our armed forces and never served a day in my life.. So comparing wht I do with my rifle to what men and women servin do with theirs, would be absurd. I am not trying to tell anyone what you do and don't like, I am simply saying that everything I have heard from people I know have served states otherwise. But I still wouldn't be surprised I this was all due to the demand of 6.8 in the military.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but I've rarely ever seen problems with the M16/M4 series of rifles. I think I've only seen 4 - 5 failures all but one were fixed at the range. There is no substitute for real world experience.

ETA: Nobody in my Battalion hell even most likely Brigade cares for a 6.8 replacement. What we have works.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He claims to have invented the RaePR . . . At least that's what I think he was saying.
View Quote

Yeah, read that just the other day - dated 18 Feb on their website:
" ... LWRCI has moved to [sell] ownership of its company on the heels of revelations that F&D is the inventor of Intellectual Property incorporated into its M6-IC, M6-IC-SPR, M6A2, M6A2 SPR, M6-SL, PSD, M6.8-A2, M6.8-SPR, M6.8-UCIW, and REPR rifles, enabling its piston system to function properly."
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

" ... LWRCI has moved to [sell] ownership of its company on the heels of revelations that F&D is the inventor of Intellectual Property incorporated into its M6-IC, M6-IC-SPR, M6A2, M6A2 SPR, M6-SL, PSD, M6.8-A2, M6.8-SPR, M6.8-UCIW, and REPR rifles, enabling its piston system to function properly."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Reads like pure spin from a litigant.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has been posting in several forums as well, about the topic. Seems he is representing himself in court and even went as far as to state that lawyers are never necessary. Can't see that biting him in the ass at all.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Dude, I have never seen so much bad information in one place before.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL lwrc defiantly makes a better product.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#45]
You know why someone represents themself?  No lawyer will take their case.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#46]
This is weird . I placed an order for a 20" Spiral Fluted R.E.P.R. on the 18th of this month . My dealer emailed me last night saying LWRC notified them that MY R.E.P.R. Is enroute to them ! 2 week turn around !!! What the !! Is this good or should I be worried ?

Or are they pumping every order out as fast as possible before March 1st , the supposed Colt buyout date ?

Should I be worried about IE: SHOT SHOW display piece that was laying around ? Misc REPR parts scrounged up and put together ? How could this be a factory fresh build ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#47]
They build in runs, last time I heard. Fast turnaround on your order probably means that you got lucky and placed your order just as they were finishing up a run of that product. Anyway, no, there are other 20 inch spiral REPRs floating around, you aren't getting the SHOT display.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks Nine ! I feel a little better now . Have you been shooting with Captain American (Randy Couture) lately ?

And what are your feelings about all the drama surrounding LWRC IE: Colt stuff , Leitner-Wise stuff , F&D Defense stuff . Crazy !

Also , I got a great hook up on Leaupold & Steiner optics . Cost !  What do you think for the REPR ? Was thinking the Steiner 1x4X for my SPR .
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#49]
According to a manufacturer in the industry I talked with today, the sale of LWRC to Colt was agreed to this week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#50]
The idea of the US military going to piston and/or larger caliber has been on and off the table for how many decades now?  Seems like they always revert back to the ole M4 and a slightly tweaked 5.56 round....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top