Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2013 1:13:14 PM EDT
Any one have any experience with Huldra Arms products  ?

I understand they are manufactured by Adams Arms.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any one have any experience with Huldra Arms products  ?

I understand they are manufactured by Adams Arms.

I am NOT any kind of authority on Huldra, but I think AA supplies Huldra with certain components and Huldra assembles their OWN version of what they like to market. they use Magpul and SAmson furniture.

They are slightly different configuration than AA in some models. AFAIK, they are TOP NOTCH, extremely popular and back ordered to God knows when in many models.

They do make some ultra light weight piston AR;s that I think are just wonderful...the EVO SLANK, a 14.5" model with a light weight Samson EVO rail and a pinned flassh hoder on the pencil 14.5" melonited barrel. And a similar one in 16" as well. I would not hesitate to BUY either one. My CUSTOM AA AR 15 is very similar to the EVO SLANK. Great concept and well executed!

You have to BUY these guns  IN one of their "Mills" stores...I forget the whole name. No internet sales just yet.

You do see this brand on Gun Broker from time to time. I RECOMMEND them if you can FIND one at a decent price.. The idea of  a MELONITED barrel is just great. That is what I am going to DO with MY barrel.

ANY thing to do with AA or Huldra right now is RED HOT. They are the Golden Children of reasonably priced (IF you can FIND ONE) piston AR 15's.

Some AA components on Midwayusa are back ordered to JAnuary 2014!!

Beware, many prices are HIGHER than MSRP because of such a great DEMAND.   MANY  gun owners are SOLD on the idea of PISTON driven AR-15's!
I know I am!

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
actually, i just bought a huldra upper last week - they had/have them in stock at fleetfarm.com

honestly, at their price point ($600 for a midlength complete upper) - they seem to be the best deal around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
They are industry partners here on Arfcom. I don't own one of their rifles, but I have handled one at MFF. It seemed to be very well made. I will pick one up at some point.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/460_Huldra_Arms.html

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
actually, i just bought a huldra upper last week - they had/have them in stock at fleetfarm.com

honestly, at their price point ($600 for a midlength complete upper) - they seem to be the best deal around.

600!! That is making me want to FLY to a location where they have a Fleet Farm. No internet sales :(
It is so great to hear these companies slowly coming back. 600 usd under cuts AA by a good bit and AFAIK the uppers use the same Voodoo melonite barrel and all of AA's good piston stuff. The receiver may be differnt but who cares? I am sure it is just dandy. That is a Really good price...one that I hope other will try to match...a mid length piston upper for 600usd!
Nosir, you cant beat that. I would buy 2 or 3 at that price....Just the AA KIT goes for over 300usd...IF you can FIND one! Add a barrel, nut, delta ring, flash hider and a bolt and an upper with fwd assist, you could not BUILD an upper for less than 600 from an AA kit!

An HK MR556 Upper (similar to the 416) is Two fraking grand. I would LOVE to have this upper, But then I would have to reprofile the barrel (waay to heavy) and Salt Bath Nitride it (not chrome lined) OR buy FOUR HULDRA uppers for about the same amount. And the Huldra barrels are already SBN'd !     :)

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
no, i bought it from their website.

in stock now.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/huldra-5-56-x-45-mid-length-complete-upper/0000000069734
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Tactical EVO rifle and I think it's a great rifle. Customer service has been top notch as well.

The first time I took the rifle out I was having some issues with FTF and to make a long story short the ammo I was using (walmart winchester ammo) was the issue and not the rifle itself. After breaking in the buffer spring using Federal and Magtech ammo with no issues I haven't had a problem since.

I say the Customer service is top notch is becasue I never had to wait more than 24 hours for an e-mail response to any of my inquiries about the FTF issue and other general questions I had. A lot of the times (Dave was his name) would give me same day reply!

I'm already looking to purchase another AR from Fleet Farm and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Again, great rifle for a good price in my opinion!
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a Huldra Carbine in April and love it.  I ordered it on sale in January, and they honored the sale price when my number came up in April.  They even included 6 magazines for no extra charge with it, which was not part of the original deal.

I have shot 1,300 rounds with it, both .223 and 5.56 with no problems.  

Because it is a piston it is real clean.  Although I wipe it after every range visit, the only thing that really needs to be clean is the barrel.  I am very pleased with the accuracy and the feel of the gun.  

I did upgrade the stock to a Magpul ACS, and the pistol grip to a Magpul MAID, and added a Magpul Angled fore grip.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered and received my Huldra Mark 4 16" complete upper and got to the range. Very pleased.

Ran M855,XM197, Silver Bear, and PMC ammo. About 300 rounds with no problems.

I think I will order the Samson rail for it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
You get a free shirt when you register your purchase.

and they make nice stuff too
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone here have an evo slank upper?   I bought one and installed on my palmetto state lower and treid shooting it for the 1st time this past weekend and it would not cycle a round and sometimes eject the round.  The odd thing was I had to use the assist to get the bullet to seat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
We will get you squared away, let me know how the stuff we talked about over the phone goes.  Either way you will be taken care of.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We will get you squared away, let me know how the stuff we talked about over the phone goes.  Either way you will be taken care of.

Dave
View Quote

I inspected this thing from A-Z and I cannot find anything wrong with it.  I made a tiny mirror to see if the gas block is in the center of the barell hole and it is :).  I will ship it back as it is frustrating to shoot and the guys next to me making fun of me at the range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
We will get it running but I'm sure if you ran full power ammo through it would run like a sewing machine. Again that upper is designed for full power 556 like XM 193.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top