Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2013 4:50:56 PM EDT
A nice upgrade to the system.  I like the new detachable piston rod and it looks like they might have addressed my two biggest complaints.  No more over-gassed with a suppressor and no more crazy heat transfer!

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sooooooo pissed!!!!

I just bought both a 114 & 116 a couple of months ago. If only I had known

Oh well, I heard something in there about a 118?!?!

I don't have one of those yet....
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my MK114 about a month ago...should have waited, but this might be a nice addition in the future.

I like the idea of the free floated barrel, adjustable gas system, and new piston design.  Not a big fan of the aesthetics of the key-hole rails.  I'm wondering if the Mod1 piston can be retrofitted to the Mod0 BCG/Op-Rod without a big PITA.

Good stuff PWS
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Impressive, very smart move and designs on the adjustable gas settings integrated with the mid-length rail. I know the previous gen's rail would get very hot from the gas. The universal bolt carrier makes me want to own more than one PWS. Great idea. SIG take note please!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang it! Now I have to spend more money!!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
upgrading sucks, especially once you get a carbine all dialed in
and you have to rip everything off it

but I think I'll get over it
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, thants really slick
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Do want a 14.5.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several PWS rifles and love them.  My biggest complaint with it has been the short rail system, as I really prefer the 12" rails.  When PWS produced the extended rail kit, I thought that would do it for me.  Unfortunuately, I felt like it added wieght to a perfectly balanced gun.  Couldn't really get used to it....

THAT SAID:

Today I handled the new ones at SHOT.  LOVED IT.  The rail system is fantastic, barrel is skinny profile forward of the gas block, I like the keymod system, adjustable gas block is SLICK.  Gun feels extremely light!!

Well done guys!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#9]
wow I want one. Would be the perfect fit for a new socom suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I handled one at SHOT and it is a huge improvement.  I'd prefer a screw-in system for the rails like YHM and Geissele offer, but it is still a very nice gun.  

Would be interesting to see if these stay any cooler as compared to the previous version.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Crap! I just got the MK109 300blk about 2 months ago
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#12]
This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know when these upgrades start shipping out?

Just asking because I have had an MK114 upper on order since mid-November, with an estimated ship-date of sometime this May, and am wondering if I will get the old version or the new version...

Also, second question, will the old PWS BCG still fit into this upgraded version?  I got a used "back-up" BCG a few months ago, and hope it will still work if I happen to get the "new" version of the MK114.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know when these upgrades start shipping out?

Just asking because I have had an MK114 upper on order since mid-November, with an estimated ship-date of sometime this May, and am wondering if I will get the old version or the new version...

Also, second question, will the old PWS BCG still fit into this upgraded version?  I got a used "back-up" BCG a few months ago, and hope it will still work if I happen to get the "new" version of the MK114.

Thanks!

I dropped by the booth at SHOT and checked out the new rifles - they are awesome, and the new rail actually makes them lighter - I think about 5 ounces.   I have one of the old style MK114's, but I will be buying one of the new ones as soon as I can.  Two is one and one is none, right?   I told my wife that it would be 'her' rifle  :)  My only curiosity is if Keymod will take over or if it will just be a fad.  It's so new that it's hard to speculate.  VLTOR's release of the tech package definitely improves the chances of it becoming widespread.   Regardless, I like the new rail, even if it loses some of the charm of the old one.  I like the added length, the comfort of the smooth surfaces, and the reduced weight.  Overall, I am really impressed how PWS took what I considered to be a near perfect rifle, and found ways to make it better.

The rep I spoke with said that the new style rifles would be shipping shortly after SHOT - they were building out the last of the old ones as we spoke.  On Facebook today, PWS had a link to a  dealer with four of the new updated .223 rifles (MK116's), so it looks like those are shipping right now.

I don't know about the BCG, but I would be willing to bet you could retrofit the new piston to the old BCG if necessary (this is my opinion, not gospel).

Link Posted: 2/10/2013 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#14]
A few of the new stlye guns have already shown up on gunbroker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top