Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2012 5:54:27 PM EDT
Hi all,

I've got a down payment on a sig516 precision marksman and can't wait for it to come in.

That said, I hope you guys can help put my mind at ease. Does anyone have any experience with BCG tilt problems with the sig516?

It is a supposed problem with piston guns. I'm not sure how much of a concern it is in genaral or more specifically the 516.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
None in mine so far....Only have 1200 rds through it though, but I do not expect any problems.
Hope you enjoy yours as well as i do mine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I am stoked on the 516. Not realy concerned about the tilt subject to much, but I figured I'd ask this site.

I appreciate the opinion of people who own the guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I put 3000+ flawless rounds through my Sig516 before a deputy friend talked me into selling it to him (He reimbursed me 100% my original price)

No tilt and in fact that is a long ago early problem that is not a concern with pretty much any of the factory built pistons these days.

The Sig 516 is an excellent weapon and i would buy another and likely will some day

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
From playing with them in the store I could see that the swiss-style Sigs would be ones that you would never have to worry about tilt.  They do it differently than an AR-style piston and their design shouldn't have tilt
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#5]
What?  He said a 516, not a 551 or 556.   The 516, is a standard piston AR-15 and nothing proprietary like the 556/551 AK-47 like operating system.

The 516 is good to go for carrier tilt.  If you haven't seen it, do a google search on "Sig Sauer lawsuit with LWRC" and read up.  Sig stole their bold carrier design from LWRC who is one of the best in the business for piston driven ARs.  They have since settled their lawsuit, but the bolt carrier is still very similar and has many of the same benefits as the LWRC one does.

The sig is close to half the cost of the LWRC as well, so you are making out well.  

Quoted:
From playing with them in the store I could see that the swiss-style Sigs would be ones that you would never have to worry about tilt.  They do it differently than an AR-style piston and their design shouldn't have tilt

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guys.

Waiting until August for it to com in is going to be harder than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What?  He said a 516, not a 551 or 556.   The 516, is a standard piston AR-15 and nothing proprietary like the 556/551 AK-47 like operating system.

The 516 is good to go for carrier tilt.  If you haven't seen it, do a google search on "Sig Sauer lawsuit with LWRC" and read up.  Sig stole their bold carrier design from LWRC who is one of the best in the business for piston driven ARs.  They have since settled their lawsuit, but the bolt carrier is still very similar and has many of the same benefits as the LWRC one does.

The sig is close to half the cost of the LWRC as well, so you are making out well.  

ah yeah you're right I got the two mixed up, I was thinking about the 556

Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the "LWRC" 516 with zero signs of carrier tilt.

Edit for covert.
"What? He said a 516, not a 551 or 556. The 516, is a standard piston AR-15 and nothing proprietary like the 556/551 AK-47 like operating system."

Eh, most of the 516 is proprietary and no such thing as a standard piston AR. The new carrier is quite a bit different as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top