BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:59:46 PM EDT
Anybody got one are they worth it
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran one during the height of the piston craze, install was real easy. It ran fine and the gun ran a lot cleaner.

I got rid of it because I just didnt liike the system in an AR....I picked up a sig 556.
It was worth it I guess......ran fine and I had no issues with.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If I'm not mistaken Bushmaster was using Ares GXR-35 piston. There was a hype a few years ago about the Ares piston, you could search in the archive.
Few people seem to mention it now, dunno why.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Because the Bushmaster Retrofit kit keeps popping up in the EE and/or very cheap.

My retrofit kit was brand new 125 from a local seller.  

Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken Bushmaster was using Ares GXR-35 piston. There was a hype a few years ago about the Ares piston, you could search in the archive.
Few people seem to mention it now, dunno why.

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the original Ares retrofit kist (later Bushmaster) installed in one of my rifles.  Its got about 2500 rounds through it with only one malfunction.  The op rod became disconnected from the gas spigot and hung up on the outer edge of the hole.  Had to remove the upper half of the handguard and reinsert the op rod. Not a big deal to correct, just inconvenient.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top