Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2017 3:42:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Carbon fiber wrapped barrels seem like a great idea to me.  

That said, I have a hard time understanding how the sleeve provides additional rigidity if it only contacts along 5% of the barrel.  Is it just at the attachment points?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Most likely it's tensioned like the sleeved 10/22 barrels that have been around for a few years. Looks like the sleeve butts up to the gas block shelf on either end, with tension applied by tightening threaded collars near the muzzle & extension. Rigidity comes from the "stretching" effect, and the only contact is at the ends.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
They look cool. Show me the torture test.  I'm all-in for the latest high tech deal, but on something so much at the beating heart of the gun and SO brutally thrashed as the barrel, fancy new tech has got to be really well tested. Put this thing side by side with another high quality 14.5 inch, 25 oz barrel and run seven Cmags through each.  I'll buy the one that comes out on top. Put a stellite sleeve in there and we'll all buy them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They look cool. Show me the torture test.  I'm all-in for the latest high tech deal, but on something so much at the beating heart of the gun and SO brutally thrashed as the barrel, fancy new tech has got to be really well tested. Put this thing side by side with another high quality 14.5 inch, 25 oz barrel and run seven Cmags through each.  I'll buy the one that comes out on top. Put a stellite sleeve in there and we'll all buy them.
View Quote
I'd also like to know how it deals w/ getting whacked on a the corner of something.   I've heard of some carbon fiber barrel sleeves coming apart and the barrel being ruined in some cases.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
When will you have the 24" 22 Nosler to sell?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Light weight is a feature...but weights are not listed?  Is it me?  Did hooked on phonics not work for me?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Light weight is a feature...but weights are not listed?  Is it me?  Did hooked on phonics not work for me?
View Quote
https://www.bsfbarrels.com/product-page/223-wylde

Weights listed here. They’re not as light as I would expect...

They are gorgeous though!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top