Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2017 5:49:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Just to confirm - the rail locks up to a standard barrel nut, and doesn't make contact with round / triangular hand guard caps?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Midwest Industries has continued to surprise me every day now, making me spend more and more money.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this and all that you do for us.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice looking.

I wish you guys would ditch the divots on the rail edges between mlok sections.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any advantage to a two-piece design if you don't have a FSB already on your barrel?  It doesn't appear to be like the RIS II, where the top half can remain installed, while the bottom half is removable.  As such, I would assume that installation behind something you can't slide over is its main purpose.

Either way, looks really nice.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe that they previously stated that this is a distinctive element of their rails and will not be going away from it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The demand for two piece free float handguards is from people who do not want to or are not able to disassemble an upper. Often times these are guns that have a pinned and welded muzzle devise.
You DO need booth the top and bottom half to use this handguard.
The scallops really are distinctive and have been a big hit (enough so that others are copying them) and are not going anywhere.

Thanks,
PETE
View Quote
By saying this, are you expecting them to cut off the Delta ring?  Either the FSB needs to come off or the barrel needs detached from the receiver to remove the Delta ring.  

Those who cannot disassemble an upper due to departmental regulations are probably not going to be able to cut their Delta ring.

Let me know if I am missing something.  I need two of these for carbine gas, that looks like a middy to me.  Let us know if you have both so we can avoid extra clickys on our phones.

Your website is much more user friendly than it used to be.  I just bought a MI rail for a 20" a few days ago. 
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
By saying this, are you expecting them to cut off the Delta ring?  Either the FSB needs to come off or the barrel needs detached from the receiver to remove the Delta ring.  

Those who cannot disassemble an upper due to departmental regulations are probably not going to be able to cut their Delta ring.

Let me know if I am missing something.  I need two of these for carbine gas, that looks like a middy to me.  Let us know if you have both so we can avoid extra clickys on our phones.

Your website is much more user friendly than it used to be.  I just bought a MI rail for a 20" a few days ago. 
View Quote
I don't know of many departments that issue pinned and welded rifles.  I say that because if my department doesn't want me cutting off the delta ring then I would just disassemble the barrel assembly, remove the ring, and reinstall with this rail.  keep the ring in case you ever needed to return it to the factory configuration.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
This is my favorite MI thing so far. May look good on my future 14.5 Mid length
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cutting off a Delta ring is a pretty easy task IMO ..... I would rather do that than removed the barrel .... Plus they are cheap and you no longer need it
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Could these be used without a FSB? What is the length and inside/outside diameter? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Could these be used without a FSB? What is the length and inside/outside diameter? Thanks!
View Quote
It's free-floated off the barrel nut, so it could be used without a FSB.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Would these have clearance for an Adams Arm piston kit?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I would suggest/request that all of your pages include these:
- Actual overall length (especially if different from named length)
- Weight (preferably with and without barrel nut)
- Width (note if it is different at attachment - M-lok here - than anywhere else)
- Height

You're not alone in missing some of these, as many manufacturers are as well.  If I can't hold an item in my hand before purchasing it online, then I won't buy until I know these numbers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would suggest/request that all of your pages include these:
- Actual overall length (especially if different from named length)
- Weight (preferably with and without barrel nut)
- Width (note if it is different at attachment - M-lok here - than anywhere else)
- Height

You're not alone in missing some of these, as many manufacturers are as well.  If I can't hold an item in my hand before purchasing it online, then I won't buy until I know these numbers.
View Quote
THIS

eta: and what the hell is going on with the front and the handguard cap?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
@Midwest_Ind

Maybe I missed it here and on your site itself, can you give us the weight on these?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nope
Troy
MI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice looking.

Nope
Troy
MI
No way.  Keep 'em.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#22]
This would be perfect for one of the "OEM" rifles with an FSB, and no delta ring on it.

You guys really just like taking money from me!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We will not be loosing our scallops.
They are so popular the copying of them is happening all over.

Troy
MI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  Keep 'em.

Troy
MI
No idea why people hate them. It looks sexy all and all. The weight savings may seem negligible, but on longer rails every bit adds up.

I am going to miss that rail I had gas block clearance issues with a Geiselle Super Gas Block

I might pick up one of these new drop ins for my next build though. You guys make nice stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi,

What is the length and inside diameter of the carbine model.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice, nice, nice! I've waiting for this in M-Lok for some time!
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I got confused on the free float aspect and Delta ring.
But, I see from their site there are two models Free Float 2-Piece (Delta ring removal required) and Drop-in 2-Piece (using the Delta ring and cap)?
I like the 2 Piece Drop-ins!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Very nice looking.

View Quote
Disagree!

MWI, I have been wanting one of these for a long time to replace my Centurion C4! Way to deliver!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got confused on the free float aspect. But I see from their site there are two models Free Float 2 piece (no Delta ring) and drop-in 2 piece (using the Delta ring and cap)? I like the drop-ins!
View Quote
It looks like removal of the delta ring is required for both, but one of them is for mid-lengths.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It sits behind it and never makes contact . That's what the hell is going on . .     FREE FLOAT.

Troy
MI
View Quote
Had to LOL for a minute there, funny response.  This handguard looks pretty nice, and I think I might have to get it for a pinned/welded build I've been thinking about.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Troy
MI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  Keep 'em.

Troy
MI
I like the scallops, and the overall look of your free float rails alot. The real thing that prevented me from buying a MI free-float rail was that the only thing keeping the rail in place on your proprietary barrel nut is friction alone and no mechanical means like a cross bolt or anything. Unless I'm mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your mistaken .torque plate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the scallops, and the overall look of your free float rails alot. The real thing that prevented me from buying a MI free-float rail was that the only thing keeping the rail in place on your proprietary barrel nut is friction alone and no mechanical means like a cross bolt or anything. Unless I'm mistaken.
What is the "torque plate"?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that it's a new design element in the new Gen III rails that was not Incorporated in the older MI free float rails.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nope
Troy
MI
View Quote
Yeah, do NOT ditch those divets. It is one of many things that I love about the MI rails.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]
i dig the scallops/divots/whatever. Love my MI rails
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to assume that if you are only required to remove the delta ring, than it will work with the basic barrel nut that this handguard tend to use?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#40]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top