Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2017 8:03:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
In for my next build
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys should make these with a 1.6ish ID as well, for those of us who wish to tuck the muzzle device a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Will these work with the Noveske Gen3 uppers?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You guy should should make a version without the full 12 o clock rail.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I love this iteration of your rail system. I currently have a balios lite and the original rail with the beveled m-lok slots, and its fantastic. I'm certainly interested in a other build, but I have a question. Are the lightning cuts on the rail the same as the balios upper receiver? It looks from the picture to be a different style of cut.  I see there is an attempt to describe it in the description, but I don't quite follow it. I prefer a homogeneous rail down the top of my rifles for cosmetic reasons only, I will confess.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love this iteration of your rail system. I currently have a balios lite and the original rail with the beveled m-lok slots, and its fantastic. I'm certainly interested in a other build, but I have a question. Are the lightning cuts on the rail the same as the balios upper receiver? It looks from the picture to be a different style of cut.  I see there is an attempt to describe it in the description, but I don't quite follow it. I prefer a homogeneous rail down the top of my rifles for cosmetic reasons only, I will confess.
View Quote

The original Balios upper receiver did not have lightening cuts in the pic rail.  That came with the Balios Lite upper receiver.  The Aethon appears to be an update/upgrade to the original Balios set (and SR handguards), while there is a forthcoming update to the Balios Lite ("Gen 2").  The lightening cuts on the Aethon handguards match the lightening cuts on the Aethon upper receiver, not on the Balios Lite.  The are not as deep, looking more like somebody scooped out some material with a mini ice cream scoop.

I like these, even though they have a distinctively Centurian look with the top circle cutouts.  The Aethon handguards are slightly heavier (0.10 oz for the 12 inch) than the SR ones (even after correcting for the aluminum vs. titanium barrel nut.)  

My favorite, though, is (like you, I would guess) still my original Balios Lite with the beveled m-lok slots.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Having worked with both the BL and SR rails, and having seen the Aethon ones, my one suggestion would be to machine in surfaces that are perpendicular to the mounting screws, rather than parallel with the bore.  I find them difficult to get started correctly, even after multiple swaps, and the exposed partial threads have lost some of their finish on both.  It makes the mount look cheaper and weaker than I actually believe it is.

Also, when will we see some info on the Balios Lite Gen 2.  I want to buy another rail and upper for a current build, but I don't know if I should wait or see if I can find another Balios Lite Gen 1.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen what you are saying on the screws, and we are looking at counter boring them in the future. The Balios light is still being produced so availability is still there. We have been adding capacity and streamlining our processes to up our production and help with the back order. The information on the Gen 2 is all gathered we have been getting it compiled and pictures taken of everything. It should be available any day now. I know not and exact date but that's what I am informed.Brian
View Quote

Thanks for all of the information, Brain.  As far as the bolded part, though, the upper has been "Sold Out" on your site and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top