AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2016 6:56:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
How much?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Second the question on MSRP.

ETA? I'm guessing 2018, if the gen 2 UBR is any indication.

Edit: Looks to be around $70, at least according to LAPG's price. MSRP is $80 on Magpul's website.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I will take one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.  This just got me thinking... does anyone make a fixed stock that can store a magazine inside? Something like the styer scout rifle would be nice.  Just thinking out loud here.  Slide up a 30 round pmag up from the rear just under the buffer tube ( horizontally ).
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like one of these being I've heard the original "SL" had a "steep/angled" near the top portion that aided in a much better cheek weld than a MOE or CTR provides, being rounded off.

Does this look like it would be the same? Or would the storage compartments get rid of that subtle ledge on the "SL"?

Wonder if the storage compartments would add an angled cheek weld or get in the way, or give it a place to rest your cheek?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a CTR on mine, and being it matches my AFG2 (with M-Lok adapter rail on the "SL" handguard), thinking it would throw off the look, although this stock serves a great purpose (batteries, boresnakes, etc).

I just know the Skeleton look of the CTR is great and if it could be mixed with these new improvised versions, would be awesome. I'm sure that doesn't matter to most though.

Hell, if I got one of these, may as well upgrade to the newer M-Lok AFG w/ the Non-Skeletonized look, but being it doesnt loop as steep and no knuckle in the middle, I dont think I could use it the 5+ diff ways I utilize the AFG2.

Not sure if anyone else does this kinda stuff, but one way being fingers only in half of the AFG, pinky stopping at halfway point/ridge, middle finger wrapped around front lip to pull it toward me, and index finger pointed straight forward while doing a "thumb over bore" C-Clamp" grip (Feels great, especially with the SL Grip and AFG2). Another is using my index finger to pull on the front lip w/ ridge and pinky finger around the halfway ridge in middle of AFG , although I never put my entire palm under the AFG2 as if its the "Sole Grip", and the new one looks like a cross between a Strikeforce handstop and an AFG IMO. Magpul is going for the "solid" look now, Miss the Skeleton look.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent!  Been looking forward to this stock being released.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I know I just asked an important "ergonomic" question about this stocks design above and another post (maybe magpul could address), and cannot find the thread for this Mag, so Ill ask BELOW:
[/i]
Is the "Magpul M3-MCT Pmag (Medium Coyote Tan- Pmag) just the M3 Version of an "FDE Pmag"???

Or will it be a darker color that matches the Coyote Sling Magpul offers, which has that more "Brassy/Tan" look to it like alot of current AR receivers and uppers are colored? (which is more vivid than FDE)

I ask in hopes of it being FDE, and Magpul releasing an FDE "(Middie) SL Hanguard"!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Good timing. I've been trying to decide between the STR and the SL. Now I can just order this instead.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:30:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been waiting a long time for this stock!

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Yaaaaaawn.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#13]

How about a UBR with the same style battery storage tubes on the upper non-moving piece and extending as far forward as possible so that those of use using an NTCH position can get the full benefit of the improved cheekweld?

As it is with all of these you have to either move back off the charging handle, fully collapse the stock or just get a bit of the slope in contact with your cheek at the back.

I have an STR right now and love it except for that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:46:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Sure. Two days after I order another of the old version..
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
sorry don't know how to make a new thread has anyone noticed magpul has camo mags on the front page of there website but there not for sale are the foreshadowing a new product or have they announced that somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sorry don't know how to make a new thread has anyone noticed magpul has camo mags on the front page of there website but there not for sale are the foreshadowing a new product or have they announced that somewhere?
View Quote

Probably just dyed Sand mags.  It's a DIY project.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I asked the same above, what u saw is the NEW "Magpul- MCT (Medium Coyote Tan) M3 PMAG.

I was wondering/hoping the "Magpul M3-MCT Pmag is just the M3 Version of an "FDE Pmag".

Likely will be a darker color that matches the Coyote Sling Magpul offers, which has that more "Brassy/Tan" look to it like alot of current AR receivers/uppers are colored these days? (which is more vivid than FDE)
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been waiting for this to be part of a new build... ordered mine yesterday!

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks good.  This just got me thinking... does anyone make a fixed stock that can store a magazine inside? Something like the styer scout rifle would be nice.  Just thinking out loud here.  Slide up a 30 round pmag up from the rear just under the buffer tube ( horizontally ).
View Quote

Sort of (10 rounds proprietary):

Closer to 30 rounds (20 rounds GI straight):

I found both of the above at R-Guns.  I've seen the latter stock in the wild, but I don't know what other vendors carry the above items.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I would like to see this pictured together with the STR to compare the sizing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Why with this new site, pictures are not showing up ???
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:10:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Arrived today... now I have something to cuddle with ;)
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top