BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2016 6:17:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Uber Iron-Sight Radius on that Bad-Boy!  Dissipators everywhere are crying like Hillary supporters...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that's just bad ass!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Dopy looking.  I'm a dissy guy and a Midwest Industries guy and this looks just plain old crappy.  Maybe it would work out on a 20 inch barrel, but on a 16 IMHO it is a definite no go.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
17.5 Extended Rail One Piece Free Float Handguard, M-LOK™ compatible
View Quote
Perhaps maybe explain why the extra length would be beneficial...?  When I read the topic header, I just assumed it was for 20-24" bbls.   Then I saw the photo with the brake...

But looks fine for 20-24" bbls..not trying to knock it.  And I don't hate the look of it on a 16" at all.  But just don't get the reason for it.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that's just bad ass!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]
What I really like about this one is it has the length of their suppressor SP handguard without the larger diameter.  I cannot say I am a fan of it the way it is pictured but I have several of their SP handguards and while great for using over a suppressor, I don't have any and the SP is a bit chubby for my uses so this rail is quite a welcome addition with its smaller diameter.  I know one of these is going to find its way on my next 24 inch build.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I see missing fingers in someones future.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
that might look good on my 18" barrel, you should send me one to try out?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I like it better than the Warsport version
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If one is in the market for a longer than normal rail for use on barrel lengths from 16 inches on, you might want to consider this rail.  The rail is only 1.5 inches OD but is 17.5 inches long and M-Lock configured, and it weighs next to nothing.  Even though I had planned on getting one for my next 24 inch build, I happen to have an 18 inch barreled .338 GRRR that I thought this rail would be right at home on.  I was not disappointed and I can see that there are going to be other M17XR rails in my future.

While I really like the MI 18 inch SPS suppressor forend I used on the 24 inch .375 and .358 SOCOMs, they are a bit thick for my hands, and this 17.5 inch rail is just what the doctor ordered, length that I want with the narrow diameter that I like.  I don't really care to have the muzzle under the forend, not because I am afraid that I'll shoot my fingers off, heck, I can barely reach that far anyway, it's just a personal cosmetic choice where I prefer to have the muzzle device clear of the forend.  The rail being 17.5 inches long puts the end of the rail right at the back end of the threads on an 18 inch long barrel so the muzzle device is well beyond the end of the rail.  That allows one to use any muzzle device one chooses, and I chose the MI 3 port fish-gill, opened up of course for the .338 bullet.  While the design of the rail is such that it allows certain muzzle devices that have only side ports, such as the excellent two-port MI brake, to be positioned under the rail on barrels as short as 16 inches, this rail is equally right at home with those wishing to put the muzzle device beyond the rail.  

Short story, this rail is a winner in my book.  It might not be for everyone but it certainly is another choice for those wanting a longer than normal rail yet still wanting to keep bulk and weight to a minimum.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
That is damn sexy.....may have to alter one of my builds now!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it's stupid, a rail past the muzzle port. Gonna blow stuff off, perhaps fingers
View Quote
Not all of us use the Costa or variations of it. But if you're that worried about it, use a hand stop.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#14]
How long are your arms to be able to reach the muzzle of a 16" barrel with the rifle shouldered?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#15]
At 5'10" I can tell you that you have to be considerably taller than that or have weird-ass chimpanzee arms.  I tried gripping the rail that far forward and it was horribly uncomfortable and I had to stretch abnormally far to do it.  IMO, that concern is just something for some worry-warts to complain about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you guys have any plans of making any rails without the "divots" between each mlok slot, on the edges of the rails?

I ask because they are kind of uncomfortable, and I know others that agree.  I sold my newer gen rail and kept my SSG12, which is one of the most comfortable rails out there and it's not like it's slippery.  I also have one of your ak fore-ends which is a full quad rail and I honestly feel like it is easier on the hands than the ssk15 was. You guys have some of the best customer service of anyone out there, so I figured it might be worth mentioning.  

Like I alluded to I have been a buyer of your guys' stuff going back a few years, so I am just giving some feedback.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
With the longer barrel its a nice looking rail, pleasingly different.  Fingers beware when the break is within the rail, not a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If one is in the market for a longer than normal rail for use on barrel lengths from 16 inches on, you might want to consider this rail.  The rail is only 1.5 inches OD but is 17.5 inches long and M-Lock configured, and it weighs next to nothing.  Even though I had planned on getting one for my next 24 inch build, I happen to have an 18 inch barreled .338 GRRR that I thought this rail would be right at home on.  I was not disappointed and I can see that there are going to be other M17XR rails in my future.
View Quote

I really like your rifle; it looks great with this MI rail!  But what is .338 GRRR?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#20]
agreed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With the longer barrel its a nice looking rail, pleasingly different.  Fingers beware when the break is within the rail, not a good idea.
View Quote
Not all of us try to grip a rifle like that. A 10.5 is longer than I needed it to be. If you're 6'7, I can understand a concern but most of us are average height to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I really like your rifle; it looks great with this MI rail!  But what is .338 GRRR?
View Quote

The .338 GRRR was an ill-fated attempt to make a 6.8 based .338 caliber round that was good to 300 yards.  QL was way generous on its velocity prediction claiming 2400+ fps with a 160 gr. bullet.  I could only get 2200 and since the bullet needs 1800 fps to expand, it turned out to be a 160-180 yard round at most.  It is accurate, works well, but falls way short of what I wanted  It now lives in the 'never know until you try' category.  Out to its range limits it is a pretty good round, but there are tons of rounds that do what it does and do it better, so there is no use for it.  Plus, there are very few bullets that are even compatible with the round due to bullet length, case length, magazine length, and required expansion velocity.  
Not every wildcat idea is a good one.  

That said, the G3M17XR forend is a great idea IMO and I like it a lot.  It has the length I like of the SP forends with the thinness I like of the G3 SSK/MI series.  Total win for my needs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
MI, what's the barrel length and muzzle device in these pics?

Edit: saw muzzle decide in description. Just need the barrel length, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Are these going to be sold through other dealers or only through your website? So far I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dealers are picking them up . I have no idea how long it will take to get to yours.
thanks
Troy
MI
View Quote

Thanks! I was hoping it wasn't going to be a limited offering or something. I need to save up a bit before I start piecing together this build.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmmm. Wonder if this will work on a 16" with a VG6 Epsilon break? Guess I need to look up the length of the break.

Edit: looks like it would bring my barrel out to around 17.6ish once installed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Wonder if this will work on a 16" with a VG6 Epsilon break? Guess I need to look up the length of the break.

Edit: looks like it would bring my barrel out to around 17.6ish once installed.
View Quote

Not sure how well it would work with the Epsilon as it has ports at the top.  If you look at the MB-4 that's pictured, there are no ports for muzzle rise mitigation.  My simple brain thinks that the gas coming out the top ports on the Epsilon would push against the inside top of the handguard adding muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Hello there, Troy. Will MI be producing this for 14.5" barrels in the near future? I am looking to complete another patrol carbine for duty and will either purchase another SSM or can wait for say a 15" XR...

Thanks in advance and thank you for producing products that honestly combine quality with reasonable pricing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm absolutely in love with this thing! I ended up ordering straight from you guys and got it in yesterday. This is my first purchase from MI and I can't believe I waited this long. I tossed on an Aimpoint from another rifle for the picture. I haven't decided what to put on it yet.

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#36]
MI has some great products, but this one is one of those love it or hate it deals.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sorry no. The dimples will be on every hand guard . We were the first to do it and have had over whelming positive feed back. I can not afford to make all my hand guards in a smooth version along with what we are making now. It is so popular we are again being copied.
thanks for your question and input.
Have a Merry Christmas
Troy
MI
View Quote
Love the cuts, don't change em
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#38]
like it
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#39]
More pictures with 18"+ barrels please.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#40]
As soon as my can gets out of jail I'll post a pic, I plan to order this ASAP.  I'll be running an 18" Faxon Heavy fluted barrel w/ direct thread can, and a Magpul MOE rifle stock.  Gonna be a really long stick.  It's my take on a modern musket
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top