BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 3:37:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for this for years.  Love me a long sight radius.

ETA order placed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sort of want
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My only misgiving is the post.  I wish they'd used a standard one.  The post is "modeled after the AK-47 front sight post" but isn't an AK post.  It looks like post choices will be limited.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Shipping is only $15.00 ground.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shipping is only $15.00 ground.
View Quote

Lol ship it usps priority it's faster and only 1/3rd the cost.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw something like this on ebay once.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Dupe.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Non standard sight picture = disappointment

proprietary sight post = FAIL

TED
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

TED
View Quote

+1

Why not just have a rifle length gas system with an A2 sight? Or a dissipator setup?

I'm imagining this will only work if the front of your barrel is within a small spectrum of profiles? Reading is fundamental. Our rather, reading retention.

How are you supposed to line it up? Or you just hope for the best? Strictly less than 50yds maybe?

Definitely agree with rail mounted sights. But, mostly, when you use an extended handguard like the new fad is, you'll be using some kind of optic as well. Lots just throw on irons "just because", and never intend on using them, let alone practice with them.

Not sure the reasoning behind making a new post, as opposed to using the numerous options available.

It'll have its niche market.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1

Why not just have a rifle length gas system with an A2 sight? Or a dissipator setup?

I'm imagining this will only work if the front of your barrel is within a small spectrum of profiles? Reading is fundamental. Our rather, reading retention.

How are you supposed to line it up? Or you just hope for the best? Strictly less than 50yds maybe?

Definitely agree with rail mounted sights. But, mostly, when you use an extended handguard like the new fad is, you'll be using some kind of optic as well. Lots just throw on irons "just because", and never intend on using them, let alone practice with them.

Not sure the reasoning behind making a new post, as opposed to using the numerous options available.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TED

+1

Post reduces complexity and cost, weight.

Clamp on sights are not limited to 50 yds, quite the opposite, alignment can be done with an alignment jig (just like when you pin a FSB) but your alignment can also be tweaked a touch left or right to work with a centered front sight, etc.
True AR "Match" rifles don't have the FSB pinned, it is set screwed in place for micro - adjustment.

Great concept, I want one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

TED
View Quote

Interesting idea, but fail at delivery
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Will it work on the KelTech Sub 2000
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I get the idea but it just seems like manufacturers are just producing products, claiming improvement, throwing them to consumers and charging a premium price. Know what's better than a longer sight radius? Any optic. For $40 bucks more, you can buy a Vortex Sparc and have a better product with a wider field of view.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Gents, the idea of extended sight radius was born out of the iron sight division in 3-G, in which K. Miller and other iron sight competitors created the 'extended sight radius' for their comp AR more than 10 yrs ago.

I, too question why use different sight post than standard AR sight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Not interested in this on an AR, but if they made a larger version for the Saiga 12 that was compatible with chaos sights I'd be all over it...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the barrel diameter is around .735, it should.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't really care for it. I'll stick with my dissipator for a long sight radius.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I am sure it is functional but man what an ugly duck!
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've been looking for this for years.  Love me a long sight radius.

ETA order placed.
View Quote
Yup.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I made an AR 9mm SBR with a1 upper and had a clamp on front sight that didn't work out well for me, but I'd gotten one of these as a possible replacement so slipped it on yesterday...

Well, slipped it on is a bit of a misnomer. My barrel measures .750 and I had to spread the base a little to even get it started. It's so tight it made marks on the finish. Nothing serious, but just to illustrate how tight this thing really is. I'm not worried about some longer sight radius, but I wanted an iron sight on the gun that didn't need a gas tube or the associated length required for one.

All in all, I like the sight a lot. I'm not a fan of the AKstyle sight post being used, but once I set it, it won't matter in the long run I'd think.

It's very well made, but cost wise seems a bit higher than I'd like, especially with the ak-sight simplicity, but obviously it's not a deal breaker since I bought it. :)

Picture of the SBR:
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a gen2, and the diameters are too small on the barrel. This sight is also about an inch taller, so I'd say no.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I made an AR 9mm SBR with a1 upper and had a clamp on front sight that didn't work out well for me, but I'd gotten one of these as a possible replacement so slipped it on yesterday...

Well, slipped it on is a bit of a misnomer. My barrel measures .750 and I had to spread the base a little to even get it started. It's so tight it made marks on the finish. Nothing serious, but just to illustrate how tight this thing really is. I'm not worried about some longer sight radius, but I wanted an iron sight on the gun that didn't need a gas tube or the associated length required for one.

All in all, I like the sight a lot. I'm not a fan of the AKstyle sight post being used, but once I set it, it won't matter in the long run I'd think.

It's very well made, but cost wise seems a bit higher than I'd like, especially with the ak-sight simplicity, but obviously it's not a deal breaker since I bought it. :)

Picture of the SBR:
http://i.imgur.com/CwgKw7q.jpg?1
View Quote

How long ie barrel legnth used for the clamp?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Picture of the SBR:
http://i.imgur.com/CwgKw7q.jpg?1
View Quote

Heat in an oil bath while placing the barrel/upper in the freezer.  The sight will expand a hair and the barrel will contact a hair.  Perfect fit with no marks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How long ie barrel legnth used for the clamp?
View Quote

If you mean how much barrel does the sight base use up, it's a hair over an inch.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#25]
don't buy it homie. i don't mind a clamp on gas block as long as it's under a rail. but not just an exposed sight like that ya feel me?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
don't buy it homie. i don't mind a clamp on gas block as long as it's under a rail. but not just an exposed sight like that ya feel me?
View Quote

The military has been using exposed sights for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
uuuughly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I asked for this a about a year ago. Great to see they actually made one!!! Gimme gimme. To many of the critics, there is a niche market for these and (without having tried it yet) there are reasons it is considered desirable. I'll let you all do your own research do decide why and if it's for you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Fugly.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top