Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I really wanna like it, too - I love the fact it uses a JP silent spring assy, I just hate that operating most all of these new uber short PDW stocks requires both hands...
(The MVB Arc stock being the only exception that I know of.)  The lever on this one's BIG.

Edited to add: I think this is the sexiest one yet, though!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Looks nice.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]
These type of stocks aren't my thing but this one seems to be the best of the bunch.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm really liking this one. Tagging for updates...
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Played with one of these at my local gunshop last week.
Very impressive. Felt solid.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#8]
$450...
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Where can you get the alternate buffers?  One of those looks like a 9mm..........
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure if they're available yet... but yes 9mm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where can you get the alternate buffers?  One of those looks like a 9mm..........

Not sure if they're available yet... but yes 9mm.

Oh.  Em.  Gee.

Will I be able to buy the stock with the 9mm buffer in it or will I need to purchase separately?  Sure would save on cost...
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]
so you jam your cheek into the gap?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've only handled the Troy PDW stock, but since I shoot basically nose to charging handle, my cheek rested very naturally on the short buffer tube.  It was surprisingly comfortable, actually.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was the only thing I found "off" when I handled the stock at the local shop last week.
My ckeek fit on the rail and top of rcvr extension, between the comfortable spot on the stock and the receiver.
I thought it was very solid, easy to manipulate open and closed. Good wide butt.
Not heavy feeling, doesn't feel bulky.
Looked decent, time will tell if it works.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the strangest boner right now.
Will pick one of these up to build up my q10 mp5 mag style lower build
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$450...
View Quote

Its hard for me to swallow that too. It looks well made, solid, but damn. I've always thought it was good practice to spend 50-80% the cost of your rifle on optics. But not a stock.

Then again, this doesn't appeal to me because I'm not big on the compact setups.

Then you have designs like the MCX that makes stuff like this obsolete. Of course you can't build your own MCX yet.

It's cool and all, but not $450 cool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I like it and want it, but the stock costs more then my lower, parts kit and $200 SBR stamp combined.. Atleast the other $400 PDW style stocks come with a BCG..
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Last time I spent that much on a compact butstock was for my 607.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
That is TITS!!!

But won't be on my rifles at $450 a shot
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#23]
This is interesting. I'm looking forward to a long term review and seeing how it holds up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Are we getting a ARFCOM introductory discount
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sure we could put something together if there was enough interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In, if I can get the 9mm buffer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#27]
This rig looks great, how much shorter than a standard M4 stock is it when closed?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had one for a couple months now on my lower setup for my PWS 7.62 upper.  I had to practice a bit, but is is very fast to extend and collapse with one hand.   Snap it out fast enough with your left hand and the bolt closes!  I've put about 200rds through with the 7.62 and it works great.  I have an MVB stock, but the buffer adaptor didn't fit into the PWS bolt.  The Maxim solved that problem.  I'm pretty sure I paid well under $400 for it.  It may not fit the price range of a budget gun, but it is not a budget part.  I have about $2,500 into this setup, so I guess it fits.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm curious if the cut down JP spring will fit into a LWRC ultra compact buffer tube. Also, if it could be purchased separately.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've had one for a couple months now on my lower setup for my PWS 7.62 upper.  I had to practice a bit, but is is very fast to extend and collapse with one hand.   Snap it out fast enough with your left hand and the bolt closes!  I've put about 200rds through with the 7.62 and it works great.  I have an MVB stock, but the buffer adaptor didn't fit into the PWS bolt.  The Maxim solved that problem.  I'm pretty sure I paid well under $400 for it.  It may not fit the price range of a budget gun, but it is not a budget part.  I have about $2,500 into this setup, so I guess it fits.
View Quote

Have you used the MVB stock at all on another firearm, I'm curious to how they compare to each other?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#31]
how hard would it be to remove the stock part? that would be great for a trunk pistol if the stock part can be easily removed and tossed away.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm curious if the cut down JP spring will fit into a LWRC ultra compact buffer tube. Also, if it could be purchased separately.
View Quote

I would also love to know this...
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do you guys see a 9MM buffer? I see a custom JP silent captured setup and then a shortened standard buffer in the pics. All of the 9MM buffers I've ever seen or handled have been standard length, solid weight buffers, sometimes one machined piece, but still the same length as any other standard AR buffer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Where do you guys see a 9MM buffer? I see a custom JP silent captured setup and then a shortened standard buffer in the pics. All of the 9MM buffers I've ever seen or handled have been standard length, solid weight buffers, sometimes one machined piece, but still the same length as any other standard AR buffer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pic with the three buffers, the one with three weights is the 9mm.  The advantage of the heavier buffer is not just more reliable operation and less recoil in a blowback gun, but the longer buffer vs a 5.56 buffer means the bolt doesn't have to move backwards as far to cycle and doesn't slam forward with as much force - which is a plus for bolt catch lifespan and recoil, among other things - and it works because obviously 9mm round is much shorter than a 5.56 round.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for 2.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The pic with the three buffers, the one with three weights is the 9mm.  The advantage of the heavier buffer is not just more reliable operation and less recoil in a blowback gun, but the longer buffer vs a 5.56 buffer means the bolt doesn't have to move backwards as far to cycle and doesn't slam forward with as much force - which is a plus for bolt catch lifespan and recoil, among other things - and it works because obviously 9mm round is much shorter than a 5.56 round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. I was picturing a standard type 9MM buffer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Have you used the MVB stock at all on another firearm, I'm curious to how they compare to each other?
View Quote

I haven't put the MVB stock on another lower yet.  I installed it on the lower and put one of my other uppers on.  It functioned perfectly.  The actions on both are very simple.  I would take either one.  

This one won the bid, as it is compatible with all bolt carriers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Listen to this crock, I get Rainer's Memorial day sale email and low and behold they have this stock listed at an astonishing $325! I immediately go to order it only to find out it is already listed as sold out with no back order available. I call them up to ask what the deal is and they told me they were blowing them out to make room for the new design they're coming out with. What's up with that? They never had them in stock for that price at all!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Sooo want for my 9mm build but $$
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

PWS piston upper?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#42]
For the rifle used in all the on white photos, what upper receiver is that?  I must know...
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#43]
US Gun Source has all the new variants in stock.  Just ordered my 9mm black one.  Boom.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#45]
so how about that group buy?..
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Interested.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Interested in group buy
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not enough people mentioned interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so how about that group buy?..

Not enough people mentioned interest.

I'm sure if you put a feeler thread in the group buy section we can get a good list of people if the price is right. I dont think too many people float around in the new product section
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Great looking stock setup but  $450 is too rich for my blood.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top