Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2016 10:24:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
wow looks killer good. I like
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks mean. I'm being picky here, i think it would look better if the vents were cut the other way. Angled rearward instead of forward. But i know that's Fortis kinda signature look.

Still looks nice. Barrel nut is funky looking, i like it. Would look very mean with a stubby suppressor tucked into the quad rail up front.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't like it at first, now it's growing on me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Klingon gun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've really appreciated the functional aesthetics of Fortis products in the past.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this the new standard for Fortis for their barrel nuts?

I mean, will these be done up for current models available, as well as the way forward as your handguards "evolve" or new releases?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks nice, but don't most if not all barrel nuts offer 360 degrees of contact. Not one of the best selling point IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, just waiting for the 14".
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
5 Stars, for this Rail, super easy install, and I think it looks killer with my KX 5 Flash Suppressor
Also have a Fortis Shift M Loc Short Angled Grip coming for. Digging Fortis products

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#16]
You gotta hand it to those guys at War Sports. They are surely influencing the look of AR's as of late.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:00:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You gotta hand it to those guys at War Sports. They are surely influencing the look of AR's as of late.
View Quote

Yea, I've got a War Sport too
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Those are valid observations but before WS, I don't recall seeing a "fish-mouth" front end AR. Granted, there were people doing long rails that encased their Noveske Pigs and whatever but the fish mouth look was first done by WS.

Now you take pics of everyone in the business so please correct me if I am wrong.

Would Cobalt Kinetics be a better comparison?

Quoted:

Sure.... Pull up a pic of this rail, and then one of the WS.  The only thing that looks a hint of the same is the front of the rail isn't flat.  Sorry, but since looks are subjective there is no point in saying you are right or wrong as you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I just don't see it.  The angles are different, one looks to have crude machine work when viewed next to each other, front ends aren't close, back ends aren't close, and the sides aren't close.  Maybe if Fortis wrapped it in cordage it would make it closer, but I just don't see it.  

ETA-  A training buddy is over, he pointed out they both have holes or slots in them.  He is pretty helpful...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.... Pull up a pic of this rail, and then one of the WS.  The only thing that looks a hint of the same is the front of the rail isn't flat.  Sorry, but since looks are subjective there is no point in saying you are right or wrong as you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I just don't see it.  The angles are different, one looks to have crude machine work when viewed next to each other, front ends aren't close, back ends aren't close, and the sides aren't close.  Maybe if Fortis wrapped it in cordage it would make it closer, but I just don't see it.  

ETA-  A training buddy is over, he pointed out they both have holes or slots in them.  He is pretty helpful...

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I like to think im a person more driven towards function over form..... but gah dang that thangs ugly. not even stickmans photos can make it look sexy for me.
aside from that. very cool barrel nut. looks super strong and should stay straighter than others. but far from a quick change system.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those are valid observations but before WS, I don't recall seeing a "fish-mouth" front end AR. Granted, there were people doing long rails that encased their Noveske Pigs and whatever but the fish mouth look was first done by WS.

Now you take pics of everyone in the business so please correct me if I am wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I can help with this debate, I too would choose function over form. However, when function is relative, and cost issues aside, what is the function of Hand guard/fore end/rail ? Dissipate heat, aid in barrel cooling, mounting of accessory, and a position to steady your weapon with your fore hand. Both of these perform these functions. The War Sport also performs another function, it vents gas and flash out of your line of sight, in rapid fire situations. I experienced this in testing this rifle after the build. It is noticeably easier to maintain a sight picture with the War Sport. It's also noticeably louder than the 300 BO with the Pig. Here are pics of both side by side, so you can make your own choices, as I did. Also in the 3rd pic you'll see the fore end for my next build. I chose this one for form alone, as I thought it would compliment my BAD LW Lower and Upper. It's a Vella and very light in comparison to the other two.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#23]
As a range toy, pretty cool.

go sling that thing up and run around in a kinetic environment. Both these rails are snag heaven.

That coming from an early, vocal proponent of Fortis Products.

Quoted:

I can help with this debate, I too would choose function over form. However, when function is relative, and cost issues aside, what is the function of Hand guard/fore end/rail ? Dissipate heat, aid in barrel cooling, mounting of accessory, and a position to steady your weapon with your fore hand. Both of these perform these functions. The War Sport also performs another function, it vents gas and flash out of your line of sight, in rapid fire situations. I experienced this in testing this rifle after the build. It is noticeably easier to maintain a sight picture with the War Sport. It's also noticeably louder than the 300 BO with the Pig. Here are pics of both side by side, so you can make your own choices, as I did. Also in the 3rd pic you'll see the fore end for my next build. I chose this one for form alone, as I thought it would compliment my BAD LW Lower and Upper. It's a Vella and very light in comparison to the other two.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_148.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_148.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_147.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_147.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_149.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_149.jpeg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_148.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_148.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_147.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_147.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bgreerVTX/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_149.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/bgreerVTX/Mobile%20Uploads/image_149.jpeg</a>

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top