User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2016 5:20:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely going to try the A3 grip and rail covers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the beard friendly stock.  Is the width (cheek weld) about the same as the B5 Bravo or the Sopmod?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
So glad to see more mlok rail panels coming to the market. Those look great

My concern is how it works out with rails that have full slots around at 1'-11' o clock.

Not the squared off type rail such as the one posted in the OP
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Aim Surplus has this stuff in stock.  Free shipping too.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=1316&name=Griffin+Armament
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Good looking furniture.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got the full set in grey.  I like it overall, but do have some observations:

Grip...nice feel, good compromise on the angle.  It is thin in the hand, like an A1.  The checkering is not rough, but should be effective.

Stock...fits a bit loose, comparable to my LWRC compact stock, on both a BCM tube and the Griffin Maritime tube I picked up.  Installs easily, but comes off pretty easily, too.  I mean a good press of the lever and rearward yank, like if you were trying to extend the stock in a hurry, off it comes.  I noticed that I can likewise ratchet the stock backwards through position - with it going click, click, click, etc. - if I press the latch, start pulling back and keep going quickly, and release the latch, it will keep sliding and skip positions.  So, if wanting to adjust one position, best to go slow  The rubber pad does not come off, but feels OK.  It adds weight, however.  The Griffin unit feels heavier than the LWRC, just slightly, and the weight is very much rearward biased.  The QD mount is nicely done, nicely located, and the stock has a slot and nubs to help limit rotation and protrusion.  I do wish that it had a standard pass-through sling slot, as personally I do not like running a QD on the stock.  I like it overall, and the cheek weld feels like the LWRC to me.  The Griffin is a bit larger in the toe and slightly longer.

Rail covers...They look great, but are too thick, IMO.  Once installed, they make the rail feel very bulky and squared.  They were not comfortable and my hopes that someone would finally market a nice set of affordable MLOK cover is not realized.  I imagine they were designed around the GA rail system, so perhaps that is where they would work best.  I tried on an ALG V3 and V2 rails, but they did not feel good and threw my grip off.  One interesting thing is that the covers don't use regular MLOK hardware/nuts.

Overall, Griffin's plastic feels "harder" than other manufacturer's stuff.  The grip and rail covers feel harder than the stock.  Finally, the grey color is very nice.  It is darker than their website images show on my computer.  It is lighter than the Magpul grey on my Type 1 MLOK covers.  An impressive offering from a "small" company.  Proving that you don't have to buy Magpul to get quality.  In some ways it is better than I expected, in others not quite, but most should be pleased and can buy with confidence.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered a grip and stock last night, looking forward to them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Rail covers...They look great, but are too thick, IMO. Once installed, they make the rail feel very bulky and squared. They were not comfortable and my hopes that someone would finally market a nice set of affordable MLOK cover is not realized. I imagine they were designed around the GA rail system, so perhaps that is where they would work best. I tried on an ALG V3 and V2 rails, but they did not feel good and threw my grip off. One interesting thing is that the covers don't use regular MLOK hardware/nuts.
View Quote

Luckily I have large(r) hands and will try them out. I'm hoping the OD green matches up the rest of my Magpul OD furniture, but may have to run black just to be on the safe side.

GA can you chime in on color matching to other manufacturers???
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Those rail covers sure do look a lot like the KAC URXIII and URX3.1 rail covers
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the full set in grey.  I like it overall, but do have some observations:

Grip...nice feel, good compromise on the angle.  It is thin in the hand, like an A1.  The checkering is not rough, but should be effective.

Stock...fits a bit loose, comparable to my LWRC compact stock, on both a BCM tube and the Griffin Maritime tube I picked up.  Installs easily, but comes off pretty easily, too.  I mean a good press of the lever and rearward yank, like if you were trying to extend the stock in a hurry, off it comes.  I noticed that I can likewise ratchet the stock backwards through position - with it going click, click, click, etc. - if I press the latch, start pulling back and keep going quickly, and release the latch, it will keep sliding and skip positions.  So, if wanting to adjust one position, best to go slow  The rubber pad does not come off, but feels OK.  It adds weight, however.  The Griffin unit feels heavier than the LWRC, just slightly, and the weight is very much rearward biased.  The QD mount is nicely done, nicely located, and the stock has a slot and nubs to help limit rotation and protrusion.  I do wish that it had a standard pass-through sling slot, as personally I do not like running a QD on the stock.  I like it overall, and the cheek weld feels like the LWRC to me.  The Griffin is a bit larger in the toe and slightly longer.

Rail covers...They look great, but are too thick, IMO.  Once installed, they make the rail feel very bulky and squared.  They were not comfortable and my hopes that someone would finally market a nice set of affordable MLOK cover is not realized.  I imagine they were designed around the GA rail system, so perhaps that is where they would work best.  I tried on an ALG V3 and V2 rails, but they did not feel good and threw my grip off.  One interesting thing is that the covers don't use regular MLOK hardware/nuts.

Overall, Griffin's plastic feels "harder" than other manufacturer's stuff.  The grip and rail covers feel harder than the stock.  Finally, the grey color is very nice.  It is darker than their website images show on my computer.  It is lighter than the Magpul grey on my Type 1 MLOK covers.  An impressive offering from a "small" company.  Proving that you don't have to buy Magpul to get quality.  In some ways it is better than I expected, in others not quite, but most should be pleased and can buy with confidence.
View Quote

Great write up. Would you mind throwing them on your rail and snapping a few pictures? Maybe from the front to show the squareness .

You addressed my biggest concern regarding the shaping of the panels
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Intradasting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought the MLOK panels and just received em today.

Theyre definitely quality. Supplied hardware goes on easy and locks down nicely. The panels aren't necessarily thick, but on a geissele smr the handguard is kinda bulky. No biggie since I have massive hands, but something to keep in mind.

My roommate has an SLR HG and the griffin covers are perfect on that size HG.

I would definitely recommend em to other shooters.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got the grip and stock installed yesterday, haven't shot yet.  so far I like.  The stock feels really nice at your shoulder and you're right about the cheek weld, feels good man.  I got the grip mostly for looks but was pleased with how comfortable it is.

Hey GA, any input on how the rail panels fit on Midwest Industries Gen 3 lightweight MLok rails?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Can you make those grip panels for keymod as well?  And shorter lengths?

Why not partner up with Strike Industries and use their LINK attachment that works on both keymod and mlok?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The advertised 1.5" OD makes it a pretty likely candidate for ideal interfacing.  Our rails are ~1.53" wide across M-lok flats.  The panels were designed to interface rails up to about 1.8" wide without being anatomically awkward.  There are customers with Geissle MK4's which are approximately that wide and the panels have been reported to work great.  

We understood there were 2 major categories of M-lok rails, 90 degree and 45 degree (octagonal) interfaces, and the octagonal interface.  The .6" flat width blows up the octagonal interface width to approximately 1.75 [if radii are intended to be used at the corners], so we went as slim as possible to be compatible with the broadest range of handguard widths.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got the grip and stock installed yesterday, haven't shot yet.  so far I like.  The stock feels really nice at your shoulder and you're right about the cheek weld, feels good man.  I got the grip mostly for looks but was pleased with how comfortable it is.

Hey GA, any input on how the rail panels fit on Midwest Industries Gen 3 lightweight MLok rails?

The advertised 1.5" OD makes it a pretty likely candidate for ideal interfacing.  Our rails are ~1.53" wide across M-lok flats.  The panels were designed to interface rails up to about 1.8" wide without being anatomically awkward.  There are customers with Geissle MK4's which are approximately that wide and the panels have been reported to work great.  

We understood there were 2 major categories of M-lok rails, 90 degree and 45 degree (octagonal) interfaces, and the octagonal interface.  The .6" flat width blows up the octagonal interface width to approximately 1.75 [if radii are intended to be used at the corners], so we went as slim as possible to be compatible with the broadest range of handguard widths.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply.  Order placed.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone put these rail covers on a 2A BL-RAIL yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#26]
So do y'all plan on making the rail covers in Keymod?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The advertised 1.5" OD makes it a pretty likely candidate for ideal interfacing.  .
View Quote

Interfacing is a noun. The OP was tough to get through as well. For optimal word retention and processing interaction drop the Costa dialect. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]
ALG's grey anodizing is a near perfect match for Griffin's grey polymer.  Unfortunately, the MLOK panels don;t work well with ALG's rail shape, as noted previously.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#29]
If the stock had a traditional slot for sling mounting, I'd buy one. I don't care for a QD swivel on my stocks.

If the grip had a storage plug, I'd buy one. I keep folded up Form 1 copies in my SBR grips.

The rail panels look promising, but I'd like to see them mounted on an MK8 before I buy any for mine.

I'm a fan of your products, having a couple different muzzle devices and 3 cans in jail at the moment. Hoping you decide to make upgraded versions of the stock and grip, as I like the looks of them a lot.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed on the preference for a sling slot vs QD on stock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Whats the weight  on the stock?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the slot was the vulnerability and having a QD makes the stock stronger.  It appears the Sopmod broke along the slots in the video.  

Quoted:
Agreed on the preference for a sling slot vs QD on stock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#33]
@Griffin Armament

So I've had some time to use the stock and wanted to report.  To reiterate my initial impressions, it feels great at the shoulder and the cheek weld is very nice for a stock with no riser - I really like shooting with this stock.  I prefer the qd sling attachment over a slot, FWIW.  Honestly my only criticism is the adjustment lever.  It is VERY easy to remove the stock entirely when you do not intend to.  I get that some of that was the design intent, but this stock would be hands down awesome if there were a way to prevent the overtravel on the lever, so you don't take the thing off the receiver extension by accident.

Regardless, awesome work on bringing new products to market.  The stock and pistol grip are very nice, I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Any more reviews on the stock? I keep cycling through stocks on my rifle and can't settle on one. I think this is one of the few I have not yet tried.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#35]
What rail is that in the pictures?  They fit well
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The rail in our pictures is the soon to be released Griffin Armament Low Pro Rigid™  M-LOK Rail which will be available in 8.6", 10.5", 13.5", and 15" length.

-Sam
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rail in our pictures is the soon to be released Griffin Armament Low Pro Rigid™  M-LOK Rail which will be available in 8.6", 10.5", 13.5", and 15" length.

-Sam

got an ETA?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I currently have a LMT Sopmod, B5 Sopmod, LWRC compact stock, Magpul CTR, and an old school mil spec stock on my rifles.  I had two B5 Bravo stocks that this stock replaced.  What do you want to know?

Quoted:
Any more reviews on the stock? I keep cycling through stocks on my rifle and can't settle on one. I think this is one of the few I have not yet tried.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Stock looks really neat. Like if the original car-15 stock and sopmod stock had a baby.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Look and feel great on a Geissele MK8

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:57:42 AM EDT
[#43]
The more I handle my panels, the more I wish they had more of a grip texture. Feels like a slick plastic.

I have magpuls new mlok handstop and panels on one of my other rifles, and I can't help but get spoiled with the texture.

I'm probably going to stipple the handstop portion of my griffin panels. My hand moves downward as I pull the rifle in to me.

I have mine installed on a 9.5" Geissele mk8 for reference.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

One of the things we wanted to avoid was over-texturizing the furniture.  We have worked with firearms in environments where we hold firearms up to 20 hours a day.  There is a fine line between enough texture and so much texture that it is annoying to hold an item for that length of time.  The material can be stippled, but we felt the texture designed in was ideal in that it presented texture without presenting so much that we tipped into that other category where the item was abrasive to clothing or skin.  If you look at an item like the M16A2 for example, the plastic is pretty smooth, but that makes sense because infantry soldiers literally put their rifles in their sleeping bags at night- so they are in contact with their rifles up to 24 hours a day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The more I handle my panels, the more I wish they had more of a grip texture. Feels like a slick plastic.

I have magpuls new mlok handstop and panels on one of my other rifles, and I can't help but get spoiled with the texture.

I'm probably going to stipple the handstop portion of my griffin panels. My hand moves downward as I pull the rifle in to me.

I have mine installed on a 9.5" Geissele mk8 for reference.

One of the things we wanted to avoid was over-texturizing the furniture.  We have worked with firearms in environments where we hold firearms up to 20 hours a day.  There is a fine line between enough texture and so much texture that it is annoying to hold an item for that length of time.  The material can be stippled, but we felt the texture designed in was ideal in that it presented texture without presenting so much that we tipped into that other category where the item was abrasive to clothing or skin.  If you look at an item like the M16A2 for example, the plastic is pretty smooth, but that makes sense because infantry soldiers literally put their rifles in their sleeping bags at night- so they are in contact with their rifles up to 24 hours a day.

No, I get what you're saying. I can deal with the main texturing. It's just that slick space on the hand stop itself, because it's curved and slick enough to cause my hand to ramp/slide downward more than I prefer. Could just be me though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
update?

Quoted:

The rail release is ~2 weeks out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Sam

got an ETA?

The rail release is ~2 weeks out.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ALG's grey anodizing is a near perfect match for Griffin's grey polymer.  Unfortunately, the MLOK panels don;t work well with ALG's rail shape, as noted previously.

<a href="http://s499.photobucket.com/user/C2Installs/media/IMG_0504_zpsidispjjx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr351/C2Installs/IMG_0504_zpsidispjjx.jpg</a>
View Quote

How close is it to the Magpul Grey?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a couple of the ECS stocks in OD, but a couple of questions first:
1) How closely does your OD match Magpul's OD? I can always do black if too much of a mismatch but would prefer OD.
2) Is the Magpul QDM sling swivel w/its non-std angle still rotation-limited when used w/the ECS?
Thx!...

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Any chance of making a A3 grip with HK style beaver tail?  Would look awesome and match the handguard on my ZM Weapons LR300ML

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top