AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:03:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
DSArms is proud to begin the release of our new Titanium line of AR parts and accessories!  These first few items are just the beginning of our new line of more than 25 products that we will be offering in Titanium.  We have started with natural Ti that has been blasted to give it that nice frosty finish.  In addition to the blasted finish  parts we will also be coming out with nearly all of these parts in a black finish.

DSArms HGT
The DSArms HGT(High Grade Titanium) line of parts are made from some of the best Titanium available. There are many grades and classes of Titanium, the DSArms HGT line of parts use the best grade and class required for a particular part manufactured. With the DSArms HGT line you get the normal great benefits of Titanium which are weight reduction, strength and corrosion resistance, but you also get a high quality made Titanium part made from the right grade and class of Titanium needed for that particular part.

DSArms AR15 Titanium Long A2 Birdcage Flashider - 1/2x28

Weighs just 0.0900 compared to the standard steel version at 0.1545

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM4A2-12X28LTI%207.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM4A2-12X28LTI%201.jpg

CLICK TO ORDER

DSArms AR15 Titanium A2 Flash Hider - 1/2x28

Weighs just 0.0775 compared to the standard steel version at 0.1310

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM4A2-12X28TI%203.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM4A2-12X28TI%207.jpg

CLICK TO ORDER

DSArms AR15 Titanium Buffer Tube Lock Ring

Weighs just 0.0240 compared to the standard steel version at 0.0400

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM41154TI%201.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/mf762x51/ZM41154TI%203.jpg

CLICK TO ORDER

As we have more products come out of production we will get them listed on to this thread, so look for lots of updates over the next few weeks.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to post any questions you may have!

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms [center]
View Quote

Take my money! Over $20 less than the V7 parts. Make more things ti please.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
So... I see the long flash hider.  Am I correct it cannot not be pinned and welded.  I thought the longer flash hider was commonly used on 14.5 inch barrels to make 16 inches.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of Titanium is it made from? 6AL-4V or another alloy blend?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Titanium makes cool sparks when it burns... do these exhibit any pyrotechnics under use? :D
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not a comp that actually works? Expensive version of what everyone can't wait to get off of their rifle seems silly to me
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not a comp that actually works? Expensive version of what everyone can't wait to get off of their rifle seems silly to me
View Quote

FWIW, the A2 is one of the best "hybrid" devices made (ESPECIALLY when cost is a factor) in my opinion.    Others suppress flash better or control the muzzle better but few do both as well.

For $34, I might snag one of these.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're not military or Leo which is the vast majority.  Why do you need to hide the flash?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you're not military or Leo which is the vast majority.  Why do you need to hide the flash?
View Quote

Not everyone wants a loud  brake on their rifle. Then some of us do shoot at night with night vision equipment and do use a flash suppressor. Not to mention who gives a shit what others put on their rifle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont care what people use. I just figured there are more target/competition shooters that want reduced recoil than guys out at night/ using night vision.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes. A2 FH is actually a very good muzzle device.

I've never drilled titanium. Quick google search shows you need very good bits, firm/steady pressure (Ti work hardens), and coolant. Not drilling a weld and pin hole on an extended FH is a mistake DSA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not just say Grade 5 titanium instead of calling it DSA HGT?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Titanium makes cool sparks when it burns... do these exhibit any pyrotechnics under use? :D
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why not just say Grade 5 titanium instead of calling it DSA HGT?

View Quote

That I would assume is marketing. So long as I know its Grade 5 I am happy. I just hope they dont start doing the AA "life coat" thing and use the "HGT" name if its not grade 5.

But for the price I will be buying them. I was just starting to put together a lightweight build list for the summer and can see giving DSG the business.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've never drilled titanium. Quick google search shows you need very good bits, firm/steady pressure (Ti work hardens), and coolant. Not drilling a weld and pin hole on an extended FH is a mistake DSA.
View Quote

Drilling TI isn't a big deal. Just don't use some cheapo harbor freight bit and it will be fine. You are only drilling maybe a 1/8 inch hole maybe 3/16 deep. I have made several projects out of TI at work it's not as bad as some people think.  Finding someone to weld it will be much harder chore.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is one of the stupidest questions of all time.

A flash hider is not designed solely to aid in the concealment of a shooter, it is designed to mitigate the muzzle flash which can render you unable to see in low-light conditions.   It is designed to protect the shooter's own low-light vision against the muzzle flash just as much as anything else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A flash hider is not designed solely to aid in the concealment of a shooter, it is designed to mitigate the muzzle flash which can render you unable to see in low-light conditions.   It is designed to protect the shooter's own low-light vision against the muzzle flash just as much as anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1 on what he said
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Numbers without units, as an ME, drive me nuts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not a ME but growing up in a family of Mechanical, Electrical, Computer and Metallurgical Engineers I know how you feel.  That is why I asked if it was made from 6AL-4V.  Personally I wish the information about what or how something is made was more transparent.  For example:  I have no issue with it being called "HGT" if somewhere in the description its indicated the alloy being used.  Then again other than an Engineer how many people would understand the difference between 6AL-4V, 5AL-2.5SN or 3AL-2.5V and how they vary slightly in properties.  For that reason a grade rating will usually be sufficient to at least give me an idea of what I am buying.

That said since the grade will change with the application and need here is a shortlist of things I would love to see in addition to the options already available in Titanium:

QD End Plate with a 30-45deg cant similar to the Magpul ASAP QD.  One with the sides drawn in so that it doesnt cover over the rear detent would be great so I can thread the detent hole for maint access of the detent and spring.

Bolt Release 1pc similar concept to Phase 5 Lever but with a slightly longer "Finger" (+1/16 3/32") to catch the mag follower - as an end user I would be willing to do the final fitment on the length with a file or diamond stone (I cant tell you how annoying it is to test fit 8 bolt catches to find the one that is long enough for a lower with a slightly out of spec mag well to work with polymer mags - I have had this issue with 2 billet lowers) -  (IF YOU MAKE THIS I WILL TAKE 3 THE DAY THEY ARE PUT UP FOR SALE)

Take Down Pins

Trigger Pins

Trigger (Not the disconnector and Hammer as I would be concerned about wear and light hammer strikes)

Buffer Retainer

Magazine Catch

Grip Screw

1 piece Ti Bolt Carrier

45 deg Ambi Selector Core w Aluminum paddles

Lo-Pro Gas Block (Adjustable Preferred)
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#21]
MOAR!

A Ti FSB would be badass.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I am not a ME but growing up in a family of Mechanical, Electrical, Computer and Metallurgical Engineers I know how you feel.  That is why I asked if it was made from 6AL-4V.  Personally I wish the information about what or how something is made was more transparent.  For example:  I have no issue with it being called "HGT" if somewhere in the description its indicated the alloy being used.  Then again other than an Engineer how many people would understand the difference between 6AL-4V, 5AL-2.5SN or 3AL-2.5V and how they vary slightly in properties.  For that reason a grade rating will usually be sufficient to at least give me an idea of what I am buying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

^^this.

I can't possibly agree more. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if you're posting an ad on a gun forum, you'll always benefit from providing more data and information about your product.....if your prodact is truly good.  There is too much information and people (with too much knowledge) on the internet to get away w some magazine-type or store-type ad.  The companies  that master the information exchange AND also provide a good product will be the successful companies.  I happen to like the idea of a company focusing on titanium parts.  Its an open market w little competition (sort of).  Plus people who are interested in trimming a tenth of an oz in weight are definitely the people who want more data.  I hope this company learns to master the information exchange w the customers.  This first ad could be better, in that regard.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We went with HGT for a couple of reasons.  As the description indicates we will be selecting the most appropriate type of titanium for the specific application it is being used on.  As we continue to introduce new Ti products this will become more relevant.  Second is in fact marketing, people like to have a name to refer to.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We went with HGT for a couple of reasons.  As the description indicates we will be selecting the most appropriate type of titanium for the specific application it is being used on.  As we continue to introduce new Ti products this will become more relevant.  Second is in fact marketing, people like to have a name to refer to.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms

I'm also interested, but only if it's clear what the parts are actually made of.  I think people value price and quality over whether someone slaps "HGT" or "LifeCoat" or something similarly arbitrary on a product.  But as long as you also prominently state what the actual materials/processes are, I think you'll be fine.

I used to buy Adams Arms products until they started calling everything "LifeCoat".  If I'm looking for a part, I already know what I want.  So if I go to AA's website to see if their bolts are melonited, and it just says they use "LifeCoat" or whatever, they've just made it more difficult for me to buy from them because now I need to figure out if that means melonited (assuming they'll even tell me).  Thankfully plenty of other manufacturers are happy to use terms that everyone already knows and understands, and I'm happy to spend my money with them instead.  So as someone who's looking forward to seeing what you come out with, I hope you don't go down the same path and call everything "HGT" without also being clear about what it actually is.

Quoted:
Bolt Release 1pc similar concept to Phase 5 Lever but with a slightly longer "Finger" (+1/16 3/32") to catch the mag follower - as an end user I would be willing to do the final fitment on the length with a file or diamond stone (I cant tell you how annoying it is to test fit 8 bolt catches to find the one that is long enough for a lower with a slightly out of spec mag well to work with polymer mags - I have had this issue with 2 billet lowers) -  (IF YOU MAKE THIS I WILL TAKE 3 THE DAY THEY ARE PUT UP FOR SALE)

Even in steel this would be great, since there's a need but nothing available.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm also interested, but only if it's clear what the parts are actually made of.  I think people value price and quality over whether someone slaps "HGT" or "LifeCoat" or something similarly arbitrary on a product.  But as long as you also prominently state what the actual materials/processes are, I think you'll be fine.

I used to buy Adams Arms products until they started calling everything "LifeCoat".  If I'm looking for a part, I already know what I want.  So if I go to AA's website to see if their bolts are melonited, and it just says they use "LifeCoat" or whatever, they've just made it more difficult for me to buy from them because now I need to figure out if that means melonited (assuming they'll even tell me).  Thankfully plenty of other manufacturers are happy to use terms that everyone already knows and understands, and I'm happy to spend my money with them instead.  So as someone who's looking forward to seeing what you come out with, I hope you don't go down the same path and call everything "HGT" without also being clear about what it actually is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms

Quoted:

That's what I'm saying. However I was under the impression that the AA process was a little different as they use nickel in their process, which I don't think the regular melonite QPQ uses. Who knows. I would respect grade 5 titanium more than a term I've never heard.

A wheel is a wheel, not a circulat rotationary device.

Just saying. Sometimes reinventing the wheel isn't always the best choice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Are you guys going to offer these parts in black?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you guys going to offer these parts in black?
View Quote

Last sentence of first paragraph in bold of OP post

"In addition to the blasted finish parts we will also be coming out with nearly all of these parts in a black finish. "

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So... I see the long flash hider.  Am I correct it cannot not be pinned and welded.  I thought the longer flash hider was commonly used on 14.5 inch barrels to make 16 inches.
View Quote

Could you pin and braze it?.  
(Since its dissimilar metals and welding Ti to steel doesn't work very well).   or doesn't brazing make the grade as it were?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Please make a Titanium dust cover.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just curious why? Would be heavier and more expensive than Alluminum options on the market or the polymer Strike Industries dust cover.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just curious why? Would be heavier and more expensive than Alluminum options on the market or the polymer Strike Industries dust cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True it probably would, but it would just add to the Ti bling :P
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I just recieved a set of your Ti Takedown/pivot pins, thank you for making such a nice Ti product that isnt fancy, but just mimics the standard pins, while allowing for a weight reduction and Titanium accent :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll take 2 safety selector levers in Ti please :-)

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

its easy enough to drill your own.  Good luck welding though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Silly question - why use Titanium aside from the weight?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We are actually manufacturing billet doors that will be available in black anodize and or DSA NTFE finish.

View Quote

Interested in these. I have a lot of V7s doors, but they lack the raised shelf to keep it from hitting the lower during u/l reassembly and it adds a step over the mil-spec design. Please accommodate for this. Deep black anodize would be great!
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I dont care what people use. I just figured there are more target/competition shooters that want reduced recoil than guys out at night/ using night vision.
View Quote

I don't have muzzle brakes on any of my AR15s or my .260 Rem.

I have a lot of AR15s.  I shoot a lot.

My default muzzle device is the A2. I can do the 1-5 drill cold turkey in under 3 seconds.

I don't need a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#43]
so what is the point of having  titanium parts? Just for the weight?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:05:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My default muzzle device is the A2. I can do the 1-5 drill cold turkey in under 3 seconds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't shot near as much as you but have grown to hate muzzle brakes. The noise and concussion is just annoying. Unless they are necessary like on 50's or big magnums I try to stay away from them. I really want to try a can for my 50 so I can fix the noise issue on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It can be welded.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It can be welded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be welded.

My titanium muzzle device was pre drilled and my gunsmith used steel pin instead of titanium to weld. According to him the steel welded to the titanium.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Any chance y'all will be making an A2 FSB in Titanium?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

me personally, I like the A2 I got one from v7 ands its great, I tried using a vortex and a lantac and liked how the a2 worked better kept me on target easier
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Standard/Enhanced charging handle latch in Ti?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top