Quoted:
Although is very good,but I think it is uncomfor

"Uncomfor"= very good?

Gotcha.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you have a problem with Rainier, call up and talk to Mike the manager and say what the issue is.  No company gets better by existing in a vacuum.  If your problem is Rainier Arms bringing items to market that aren't arfcom approved, there are actually people that own AR15s that don't pay attention to this board.  I know, it sounds crazy....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Usually Rainier has a small cult following that defends every over priced thing they sell.

Maybe everyone actually agrees this is ridiculous

If you have a problem with Rainier, call up and talk to Mike the manager and say what the issue is.  No company gets better by existing in a vacuum.  If your problem is Rainier Arms bringing items to market that aren't arfcom approved, there are actually people that own AR15s that don't pay attention to this board.  I know, it sounds crazy....

True, but ARF is a wealth of knowledge and expertise. We can't help it if someone doesn't want to tap into the gloriousness that ARF is.  

There is every type of gun owner on this board, but also a tremendous amount of guys from civilian, military and LEO backgrounds who, through our own experiences, know what works well and why. Yes, many times we can disagree on products given our individual backgrounds and preferences, but in this instance we're all echoing the same sentiment.  That says something.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
True, but ARF is a wealth of knowledge and expertise. We can't help it if someone doesn't want to tap into the gloriousness that ARF is.  

There is every type of gun owner on this board, but also a tremendous amount of guys from civilian, military and LEO backgrounds who, through our own experiences, know what works well and why. Yes, many times we can disagree on products given our individual backgrounds and preferences, but in this instance we're all echoing the same sentiment.  That says something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually Rainier has a small cult following that defends every over priced thing they sell.

Gun board elitism.....it's a common theme with some.

ARFCOM has true, bonafide, highly experienced SME's on an incredible range of subjects....there's nothing comparable anywhere online, and everyone knows it....even those that bad mouth it here and elsewhere.

And psssst....guess who has accounts here under different names then they do on other boards for precisely this reason.

Due to its sheer size, sure, there's noise and horse shit going on, but as a resource for anything firearms related, it simply has no peer.

Some specialty boards (SH, HKPro...) are good resources as well, sure, but seldom more or better info than can be found right here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It says a lot when someone who gets paid to photograph and push Rainier products isn't even defending it
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It says a lot when someone who gets paid to photograph and push Rainier products isn't even defending it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It says he's a professional who dedicates his support to the brands, people and products that have earned his trust. Given his immense experience, it's part of what makes his insight so valuable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry,my English is not good,no spell the words,I was trying to say the grip is "uncomfortable"
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry,my English is not good,no spell the words,I was trying to say the grip is "uncomfortable"
View Quote

Don't worry about it, your good
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

My apologies, didn't realize.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone should let Hillary know about this dangerous grip!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Someone should shove this retarded grip up Hillary's ass
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The guy who spent 100s of hours doing R&D to come up with this grip must have considered this his magnum opus. Hes already looked into ways to hide all the vast sums of money that will be coming his way from the greedy IRS. He has stacks of luxury boat sales brochures on his kitchen table and next to the shitter. He told his pain in the ass pig of a girlfriend he's been with for the last 12 years to pack her shit and GTFO. He took the time to shave up his junk for the young hotties that will be dropping soaked panties to have a chance to be bedded down by the inventor of the Tyrant Designs AR grip.....and then he came across this thread.

He's now writing the note to his mother explaining why he swan dived of the cold uncomfortable sharp aluminum local high school bleachers....

I hope you're all happy....

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The guy who spent 100s of hours doing R&D to come up with this grip must have considered this his magnum opus. Hes already looked into ways to hide all the vast sums of money that will be coming his way from the greedy IRS. He has stacks of luxury boat sales brochures on his kitchen table and next to the shitter. He told his pain in the ass pig of a girlfriend he's been with for the last 12 years to pack her shit and GTFO. He took the time to shave up his junk for the young hotties that will be dropping soaked panties to have a chance to be bedded down by the inventor of the Tyrant Designs AR grip.....and then he came across this thread.

He's now writing the note to his mother explaining why he swan dived of the cold uncomfortable sharp aluminum local high school bleachers....

I hope you're all happy....

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow in a tech thread!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
As with most things,  someone will buy it.  And in so doing automatically say it's the best ever.  IMHO  it is a debris magnet, catch in my gear, finger snapping, hot/cold retaining POS.  
Have you ever caught a finger in a weird angle in a small area?(no female anatomy pun's required)  
This would be painful.  
Anybody that has humped knows weight and function top looks every time.  Enjoy it if it floats your boat.  
Not for my POU.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like how it doesn't even come close to mating up with the trigger guard area, leaving edges exposed to dig into your fingers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
5 pages of hate for this thing
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
To the person who made this grip, if you see this.

Bro... You gotta fix that shit where it meets up with the trigger guard ears. That is absolute machining fail. How did you even think that design would be acceptable? NO ONE wants their lower digging into their finger, WTF? FIX IT.

What WOULD make this grip cool would be if you got someone to make grip inserts for you like say VZ... Different colors, textures etc and they install by just sliding in there and a screw goes in one side and passed into threading on the other grip.

THAT would be cool. I suppose you could even machine grip panels but I think something like VZ's or another company who does does grips for like 1911's would be cool.

Now if you do that, I expect a free grip! ;)

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I love this thread. That is all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Kill it!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Cold, uncomfortable, snags, less grip, expensive..... nope!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Told you it sounded crazy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT?!?!? You guys make me come read this thread and then I have to read things like that?!?!? Now I see what you meant about trash talking!
"Stay classy, San Diego!"

Told you it sounded crazy!

Speaking of crazy, I'd love to hear from the people who designed this grip explain the reasoning behind the design.

As been said before, it looks like it was designed with disadvantage as the intent. Can't imagine why, but the end result points to that in a number of ways.

Just don't see any upside to it what so ever. To the contrary actually.

Slick surface, very poor palm fit, zero cross functionality in respect to storage options, easily snagged on things, easy to slide a finger in to one of several places fingers don't belong, poor mating with the trigger guard area creating a pinch spot.

Wonder if the more HSLD firearms sites could explain its utility that seems to elude most here.....but then again, they dont pay attention to this site.....or BARFCOM....or whatever horse shit name they've created.

Maybe one of the bold industry insiders who dare to break from that sort of group-think and actually show up here could help us understand. Suppose that's for another thread though. Then again, in this case, I'm pretty sure I don't need an "expert" opinion on the matter.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#26]
The grip does not appear to be a quantum leap in firearms design, but I am glad that it was invented.  

One improvement would be a way to screw on 1911 style grips.    That would look really cool, imho.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:10:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Come on it isnt even April 1st yet RainierArms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#28]
The installation looks pretty
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#29]

All it needed was a matching receiver set
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

https://i.sli.mg/tPweaz.png

View Quote

Its good to see the demographic is being represented.

"Lets see exactly how far we can degrade the AR platform."
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As with most things,  someone will buy it.  And in so doing automatically say it's the best ever.  IMHO  it is a debris magnet, catch in my gear, finger snapping, hot/cold retaining POS.  
Have you ever caught a finger in a weird angle in a small area?(no female anatomy pun's required)  
This would be painful.  
Anybody that has humped knows weight and function top looks every time.  Enjoy it if it floats your boat.  
Not for my POU.
View Quote

Look out! It's NUTNFANCY!

I agree with you completely.

And yeah, this thing looks like some moron at TD who hates "plastic guns" dropped a note in the suggestion box, and the higher-ups promised to bring the "best" suggestion to market.

Although, as another poster said, it would look pretty good if you could slap some nice rosewood 1911 grip panels on it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://i.sli.mg/tPweaz.png

View Quote

Now it all comes together.  It's magic.

TADA,
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top