Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has been a crazy year with the election and the surge in existing products which has ment a delay in testing required changes that have resulted through our testing protocols. As a result we are faced with releasing a product before it is ready or delaying it's release. In this case we always defer to the latter.

As stated before PRS 3 and SLS are already in production (not released yet) and the UBR 2 is not far behind. The soft goods team is entirely separate and release of these products bear no impact on the hardgoods side, however items like military testing and the development of the MCT color for the military did make an impact on releases this year.

We are as disappointed as everyone here on the delay of these releases but we have no intentions on compromising the published foundation of "no wine before it's time". The UBR2 will be soon and it will be right.
View Quote

Hey MP

Send me one in black I'll do some testing for ya.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
PRS3 started shipping today, so at least the most recent magpul predictions on release dates appear to be tracking...
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
With the PRS Gen 3 releasing yesterday, how soon is "soon" on the UBR? Days? Weeks?

I genuinely hope it's still "Late 2016" as it states on the website.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the PRS Gen 3 releasing yesterday, how soon is "soon" on the UBR? Days? Weeks?

I genuinely hope it's still "Late 2016" as it states on the website.
View Quote

Last update I heard was between now and shot (Jan 17th)
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:The UBR2 will be soon and it will be right.
View Quote

Count me in for a grey one.

I appreciate the focus on getting it done right, even if it takes a while. Much prefer that, to a half baked product.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone heard anything new? Maybe by spring perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Magpul website has stated Spring 2017 for at least a week now.  Hopefully there are more details at Shot Show.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Magpul website has stated Spring 2017 for at least a week now.  Hopefully there are more details at Shot Show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They told me via email that it would be ready at or near shot.

This spring thing isn't making my sbr happy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

wth, GD it! What is this, Keltec? I was totally fine with "SHOT-ish"...my stamp is still gonna be 2-3 days away anyway...but SPRING? What is that shit?  For such a long additional delay I'm guessing that the weight reduction resulted in some stocks breaking in testing. Why else would a stock that seemed to be pretty far along in the design process at the last SHOT be pushed back for an entire year by a company that can put out products relatively quickly?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember when it used to say Spring 2016?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
So...

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Any updates from SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope. Spring 2017... Allegedly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got an SL-S the other day. The poster has a UBR Gen 2 on it and no UBR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]
On one hand, I want to be optimistic and want to expect it around March. On the other hand, I just want to give up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got an SL-S the other day. The poster has a UBR Gen 2 on it and no UBR.
View Quote

Yes, bikini chicks and photographers have no problem getting them. Shooters, not so much.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I always wondered why the never made a lighter model with more of a carbine look than a rifle look. The old one does look a little better. This one looks very "rifley".
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I always wondered why the never made a lighter model with more of a carbine look than a rifle look. The old one does look a little better. This one looks very "rifley".
View Quote

I'm not seeing a lot of side by side pics, but when I put a couple of chrome windows next to each other on Magpul's site, with one on gen 1 and one on gen 2, they look pretty similar. The butt pad is different, and the receiver 'end plate area' is different...and there seem to be fewer holes in the poly for hardware on the new one, but they definitely seem to come from the same design philosophy. For this particular build, as long as it doesn't look like ass, I'm ok with it. It's the perfect stock for my build, rifle-lookin' or not.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:43:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Dammit, every time I see this thread has a new post I expect it to say "They're here!!"......but it always turns out not to be. Still waiting for this unicorn to arrive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing a lot of side by side pics, but when I put a couple of chrome windows next to each other on Magpul's site, with one on gen 1 and one on gen 2, they look pretty similar. The butt pad is different, and the receiver 'end plate area' is different...and there seem to be fewer holes in the poly for hardware on the new one, but they definitely seem to come from the same design philosophy. For this particular build, as long as it doesn't look like ass, I'm ok with it. It's the perfect stock for my build, rifle-lookin' or not.
View Quote

I'll likely buy one anyway, just seems like they could do another, lighter weight, carbine style stock in addition with the same tech.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
You have a point, IMO. There could be quite a few interchangeable parts too, so it doesn't seem like it'd take that long to design / build. Of course, right now, let's not distract them. The delay has been bad enough already!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If they make a riser available for it and can shave a few ounces, I'll buy three or four on launch day. Long reach and long neck make many stocks a challenge for me to dig in and get a good cheek weld but I've always had good luck with the UBR, just wish it was a little lighter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
It's been pretty quiet. Any updates?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#25]
32 days 10 hours and 39 minutes until Spring...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Until it changes to summer 2017?

I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of updates, I went ahead and put a stock on my sbr to hold me over. If the ubr 2 isnt amazing,  I'm really going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn you, Punxsutawney Phil! *shakes fist at sky*
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]
i give up. going to buy another brand
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#29]
15 days 5 hours...
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I gave up and put stocks on both guns I had waiting for one of these...
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I've got about a month before my lower makes it back to me.  I don't want to, but I'll go elsewhere if they don't have it ready.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#32]
13 days, 4 hours!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
13 days, 4 hours!
View Quote

Until what?  They announce their latest delay?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#34]
until Spring 2017. No delays this time. We're getting a UBR 2 in Spring of 2017 if we have to sneak into their latest calendar shoot or trade show bin to 'acquire' one...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
until Spring 2017. No delays this time. We're getting a UBR 2 in Spring of 2017 if we have to sneak into their latest calendar shoot or trade show bin to 'acquire' one...
View Quote

Eh, I'll just pick up a Vltor Emod if they can't get their act together.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but it's interesting that when you watch the SHOT 2016 coverage, Magpul was saying that the PRS 3 was going to be released a full quarter after the UBR 2...but when it comes to actual release it looks like it's going to be the PRS being released 6 months (or more?!) earlier that the UBR. Interesting...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but it's interesting that when you watch the SHOT 2016 coverage, Magpul was saying that the PRS 3 was going to be released a full quarter after the UBR 2...but when it comes to actual release it looks like it's going to be the PRS being released 6 months (or more?!) earlier that the UBR. Interesting...
View Quote

Also, they should probably change the thread title...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#38]
yeah, it's a little embarrassing now...but if it doesn't come out until 2018...yikes. Might officially be a boondoggle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
yeah, it's a little embarrassing now...but if it doesn't come out until 2018...yikes. Might officially be a boondoggle.
View Quote

Or MAGPUL chUBRcabra
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Today is March 20. Spring is here. I'm hoping for some kind of update. I just recently bought a VLTOR A5 buffer on sale. I would hate to have to go return it
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Today is March 20. Spring is here. I'm hoping for some kind of update. I just recently bought a VLTOR A5 buffer on sale. I would hate to have to go return it
View Quote
yup. The only good news is that the www site hasn't been updated to say "summer 2017" yet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Well Spring is about a 3 month span, so Magpul still has 3 months to ship out the product.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:59:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Spring 2016 may have been a three month span, this one isn't.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:07:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

yup. The only good news is that the www site hasn't been updated to say "summer 2017" yet.
View Quote
DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
lol no. 200
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$89.95 ???
lol no. 200
lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#46]
We have been waiting for more than a year now, just hoping Magpul does not cancel this product
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We have been waiting for more than a year now, just hoping Magpul does not cancel this product
View Quote
better not. I bought $200 in magpul gift cards specifically to buy the UBR 2 with.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
They won't cancel it, but it may be the 3.0 by the time it actually hits the streets.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#49]
78 days, 5 hours....  
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#50]
This is absolutely ridiculous that a company as big and diversified  as Magpul, would put a date out for a product introduction that wasent ready to go. And, instead of being forthright about when it'll be actually be ready....is all but mute on the topic. I mean, this isn't a brand new product, but rather a redesign of an already successful one. So other than a mild change in looks, a bit lighter and the ability to use the A5 system, what can possibly take this long? Now, i'm not in the manufacturing buisness, so I'm looking at this purely from a consumer standpoint only. I'd rather had them say nothing instead of use these vague dates for the rollout. And as much as I'd like to say "fuck it" and just move on, the damn thing (or at least the description) will solve several issues I want to use on a new build. Really, I'm damn frustrated over this whole thing and can't help seeing  a bunch of Magpul execs laughing it up in a boardroom saying "oh, looks like the little fuck monkeys want a new stock eh? How's it feel to want monkeys hahaha"
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top