Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like spec weight is increasing as revisions are being done?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like spec weight is increasing as revisions are being done?
View Quote

I think its still the same as its been, 21.3oz is the same as I remember seeing it when it was still scheduled for Spring 2016 launch. But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a realistic date when this stock will be released? I'd have put a Gen-1 on if the Gen-II didn't have the A5 option on it. Are we looking at a Black Friday release perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the gen 1 for balancing a heavy front rifles.

I can see me liking the gen 2 for the lighter rifles and using the A5 tube length.

Now does anyone know how much the A5 tube, ACS stock, and nut and plate weight? I planned on using this set up for my 308 build, but now the gen 2 has caught my eye.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
And where are you finding places to pre-order
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And where are you finding places to pre-order
View Quote

Dsgarms for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Starting to wonder if this is happening in 2016. It's gonna be Christmas before we know it...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Seriously.  Why did they even announce this so early?  I'd have bought the old UBR 6 months ago if I didn't know about this one.  How does that make sense?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seriously.  Why did they even announce this so early?  I'd have bought the old UBR 6 months ago if I didn't know about this one.  How does that make sense?
View Quote

Unfortunately if I get my sbr tax stamp before my ubr 2, I'll likely cancel my preorder and toss a acs-l on my rifle.

I've been looking forward to this release since early spring.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Waiting on this one my own damn self...
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone on M4 forum said a rep told him "weeks not months and definitely by December." Any happen to have heard any good news on release. Can't imagine they would miss Thanksgiving weekend, maybe some great Ubr gen1 Black Friday deals. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
If I understand correctly the UBR gen 2 will have a built in A5 tube and all you need is an A5 compatible buffer and rifle length spring or is it something else to buy for A5 compatibility?

Just out of curiosity, what advantage would the UBR have over the Magpul ACS and a Vltor A5 buffer tube?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I understand correctly the UBR gen 2 will have a built in A5 tube and all you need is an A5 compatible buffer and rifle length spring or is it something else to buy for A5 compatibility?

Just out of curiosity, what advantage would the UBR have over the Magpul ACS and a Vltor A5 buffer tube?
View Quote

That's my understanding of the gen 2.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Besides the constant cheek rest position, the Ubr is a sturdier system. It is also possible to preset length of pull positions and remove the storage entirely. I think the acs storage is none reversible and permanent. If the weight isn't a drawback for your system, there really isn't a downside
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#15]
This damn thing needs to be on there market for BF/CM % off deals. WTH Magpul?

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Magpul website updated. "Late 2016". So there's that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Magpul is loosing credibility in my book.  This and the PRS have been delayed three times now.  I have a brand new rifle and hence lower, waiting on this stock.  It is supposed to be my precision build for coyote hunting. I would have just gotten the original UBR if I didn't really want to use and have the Vltor A5 system waiting to be installed.  To get by I used my Daniel Defense lower from a V11 to sight in the rifle and verify proper function.  I'm getting to the point where I want to tell Magpul how disappointed I am in their lack of transparency by cancelling my pre order.  Can't wait until they reintroduce the product at Shot Show 2017, you all know it's going to happen.  Maybe if they weren't so focused on these random products they have been coming out with and stick with their bread and butter they could keep their customers satisfied. There are a few situations that could be causing the delay. 1) They lost some of their engineering staff responsible for the design, 2) having problems with the durability or function, or 3) having manufacturing issues.  I am a mechanical engineer by profession, and know it should not take this long to get the injection molding figured out. SolidWorks makes it so easy to do mold design these days.  I can't imagine that the manufacture of the gen 1 and gen 2 are that different. End rant.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Magpul website updated. "Late 2016". So there's that.
View Quote

So 2017? Got it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:37:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Can't rush perfection
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]
(message deleted)

Wrong stock. Although this one is delayed just as long as the PRS
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess I'm lucky.  I want one of these to replace a CTR and Troy A5 tube on my AR10, so I can wait indefinitely.  It had better be awesome when it finally comes out, though

I "backordered" one of these from Brownells last Spring.  I saw "Spring 2016" (before all the delays) and saw "Backorder" on Brownells and ordered one.  I cancelled the order when I figured out these weren't actually out yet.  At least Brownells finally changed "Backorder" to "Alert me when available".
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:58:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Had a preorder with LAPG for the past few months and they just cancelled the order last week.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Had a preorder with LAPG for the past few months and they just cancelled the order last week.
View Quote

Weird, any explanation?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Weird, any explanation?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird, any explanation?

"
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.  We have cancelled your order due to the extended backorders that it has incurred.

We understand that with this delay, this order may have been forgotten about, so we will no longer be processing this order.  We would be more than happy to reinstate the order if you would still like to wait for the backorders.  Please contact us via email at [email protected] to reinstate your order.

Your card has not been charged.  If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us."

Looking over the email trail.  Looks like I ordered it in June.  Looks like they are fine with me continuing on the backorder but whatever.  I'll wait for it to come out then maybe I'll try again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.  We have cancelled your order due to the extended backorders that it has incurred.

We understand that with this delay, this order may have been forgotten about, so we will no longer be processing this order.  We would be more than happy to reinstate the order if you would still like to wait for the backorders.  Please contact us via email at [email protected] to reinstate your order.

Your card has not been charged.  If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us."

Looking over the email trail.  Looks like I ordered it in June.  Looks like they are fine with me continuing on the backorder but whatever.  I'll wait for it to come out then maybe I'll try again.
View Quote

Bummer.

My order is through dsg, hoping they actually release this stock this year. My sbr stamp is about due, if not I'll be tossing a acs-l stock on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Is there any place you can currently backorder one of these? Might want to leverage a BF/CM % off deal on one. Looks like dsg is still taking orders, anyone else?

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]
You'd think magpul would come in and say at least something here.

I have a UBR on my 308 and like it, this one was going on my recce. Buy Im getting tired of waiting with no ETA.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Have probably my last build waiting on this but looks like I will say fk it and get something else. Magpul seems to be on the downslide.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Email from Magpul to LAPolicegear on 11/8: product is 4-5 months out from release.
Uneffing believable
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Email from Magpul to LAPolicegear on 11/8: product is 4-5 months out from release.
Uneffing believable
View Quote

I emailed magpul asking for a f'n release date. Guess I won't bother waiting for a response.

Ubr 3.0 maybe.

ETA. I emailed and IM'd magpul and asked them to step in and share a real update. Only reply back I got was late '16.

We're already there. So I'm guessing summer 2017.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Email from Magpul to LAPolice gear on 11/8 says 4-5 months out. Unbelievable
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The UBR Gen 2 is in final testing along with a few other stocks and release is still planned for this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The UBR Gen 2 is in final testing along with a few other stocks and release is still planned for this year.

Quoted:
I am being vague but testing is going well enough that no major problems have been encountered so far that would push the release back to next year.

Quoted:
Currently the UBR 2 is in final testing and is slated for release this year.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:11:59 AM EDT
[#34]
They did post in the Magpul forum:

Quoted:
It's been a busy year... but we're finishing up some testing now.  The UBR GEN2 as well as the PRS GEN3 and MOE SL-S will be out sometime in December and we'll make the announcements here along with our typical social media and newsfeed releases.  Stay tuned!  
View Quote

My guess is that we won't see anything in the retail channel till February 2017 at the earliest.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm going to be very disappointed in this stock the day my preorder arrives. All this hype and waiting has put my expectations extremely high. I mean, this product was initially due in the summer. This thing better be perfect with the extra 6 months spent in development.

Man I hope to eat my words.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#36]
20% of gift cards are up on the magpul sight. FO hard if you want a deal on an ubr 2 when they come out!

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#37]
From their industry forum...

Quoted:
We did some internal design changes to tweak feel, fit, and function, and with the production demands this year, things got way slow to get into the presses. So, unfortunately, we are REALLY late on some things. Apologies. UBR should be ready to ship before or around SHOT 2017. PRS and SL-S will be in December. Building now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#38]
You guys sound like my wife. "Engel when are you going to take out the trash?", "Engel have you gone to the store yet?"

Lighten up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Magpul rep is avoiding this subforum
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Waiting 264 days for my pre-order UBR 2.0. I got my latest Form 4 approved quicker than what Magpul is doing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You guys sound like my wife. "Engel when are you going to take out the trash?", "Engel have you gone to the store yet?"

Lighten up.

View Quote

If it takes you a year to take out the trash your wife has every right to bitch at you.

Some of us are waiting on our Pre-ordered stocks to finish rifles.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lighten up.

View Quote

I agree with M4-AR. If you still haven't taken the trash out after a year, your wife deserves better

I was thinking about the Magpul rep that is having to run the account on AR15.com. Obviously this person has zero control over the timing of these parts being released, but they're having to answer to the eager customers (us) for any delays. I'm sure they're reading all of our comments, since they started this thread. But I wouldn't want to post a single reply until I KNEW for certain that the product was going to be available. I feel bad for them because its the people in the management/design/manufacturing departments that are to blame. Not the poor guy/gal trying to fend off and angry mob on probably a dozen different forums.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#42]
demand for gun stuff nose diving, post Hillary-scare 2016, should help get new products out quicker. At this point I'm certainly going to get my SBR stamp back before the UBR is available...but if it comes out before the end of January, all is good.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If it takes you a year to take out the trash your wife has every right to bitch at you.

View Quote

Touché

What was the ETA given, sometime summer '16 if I remember right? They didn't say that just to screw with everyone, it was their best guess. Magpul wants this UBR2 on the shelves just as much as you do.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Touché

What was the ETA given, sometime summer '16 if I remember right? They didn't say that just to screw with everyone, it was their best guess. Magpul wants this UBR2 on the shelves just as much as you do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Touché

It's been pushed back a few times, "to make sure it's perfect" which I'm perfectly fine with. But it's been rolled back from summer, to fall, to winter, to late dec, to shot show. I have actually been exchanging IM's with magpuls staff here and they have been extremely nice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#45]
i do bitch about delays sometimes...but if I'm buying a $200 stock, I definitely want them to 'get it right' as opposed to getting it out 30 days earlier. We're nearing the end of the waiting journey. It's all good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Perhaps if Magpul would concentrate more on the products that keeps them in buisness and less on shirts, gloves,  jackets, belts and the like, the UBR and the PRS would already be on the shelves. I get emails all the damn time about dumbass products that have zero to do with why I even consider Magpul.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Magpul wants this UBR2 on the shelves just as much as you do.
View Quote

Not if there is still a ton of early gen UBRs in stock.  
I would think that if they already took product photos, field use photos, sneak peaks & advertisement videos that the product is pretty much already done.  I do not see them doing any of this if the product still needs multiple revisions, tweaks & fixes.  Its not like this is a new "from the ground up" stock.

And I agree that Magpul needs to focus on their bread & butter products & less on the apparel and branded accessories that nobody has ever asked for.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:The UBR2 will be soon and it will be right.
View Quote

All I need to hear. Keep up the good work Magpul!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It has been a crazy year with the election and the surge in existing products which has ment a delay in testing required changes that have resulted through our testing protocols. As a result we are faced with releasing a product before it is ready or delaying it's release. In this case we always defer to the latter.

As stated before PRS 3 and SLS are already in production (not released yet) and the UBR 2 is not far behind. The soft goods team is entirely separate and release of these products bear no impact on the hardgoods side, however items like military testing and the development of the MCT color for the military did make an impact on releases this year.

We are as disappointed as everyone here on the delay of these releases but we have no intentions on compromising the published foundation of "no wine before it's time". The UBR2 will be soon and it will be right.
View Quote

Is 'by the end of January' a firm commitment?
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top