BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The picture in OP looks different. Yours doesn't have the rudimentary BUIS on top.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay got around to finally getting some pics of it. Haven't got out to the range with it yet but hopefully that'll be before the end of this weekend.

The first pick is just pretty much what comes in the box, sight, battery, manual and hex wrench. The next pics down will show some different angles of the site and there are also a couple in there that show the emitter at the bottom of the optic. As you will notice it sits perfectly flat and I think that's what has to do with it being a prism.

I also took a couple of pics with every light on in my apartment to show how much glare the glass can get and none of it obstructed the red dot at all and was not even a quarter as annoying as it was in the MRO that I tried out.

Keep in mind that the glare I show in my pics is coming from lights in my apartment from all different directions. I kind of spread them around just to get an idea of what kind of glare the lenses on this optic may produce. I'm pretty sure once outside in the real world that any glare will be pretty much nonexistent. I guess the only time you would have to worry about this is if you were clearing house? Even then when I turned on my weapon mounted light the glare is nonexistent.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00574_zpsbynawd0o.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00575_zpsdw43zmtv.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00576_zpsnniiv4ek.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00577_zpsdpfbjsdl.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00578_zpsg2nncfie.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00579_zpsoumzndyx.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00580_zpsi65kyoi2.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00581_zps9krvxa5v.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/friendly12008/DSC00582_zpsig7y8d1n.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Might just be the the way it comes across in photos/2d, but it looks like about half a brick
sitting up there
Do the walls around the window fade out as well as an eotech when doing
normal two eye open stuff?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is one big hunk-0-optic

No more than any Eotech EXPS I've ever had. Maybe a bit taller but it can't be by much.

Might just be the the way it comes across in photos/2d, but it looks like about half a brick
sitting up there

It fades out just as well for me. Right now my testing is just pretty much nonrealistic of course until I can get out to the range with it which I'm also not 100% positive is going to happen because like I said in my first initial impressions is I really don't like the warranty on this thing. I have also contacted this company twice over the past week and a half and have not heard anything from them which also makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It fades out just as well for me. Right now my testing is just pretty much nonrealistic of course until I can get out to the range with it which I'm also not 100% positive is going to happen because like I said in my first initial impressions is I really don't like the warranty on this thing. I have also contacted this company twice over the past week and a half and have not heard anything from them which also makes me wonder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No more than any Eotech EXPS I've ever had. Maybe a bit taller but it can't be by much.

sitting up there

They are pretty active on facebook if you do that at all, don't know if it's just PR people or the US distributors or what, might ding em.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They are pretty active on facebook if you do that at all, don't know if it's just PR people or the US distributors or what, might ding em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sitting up there

I'll give that a shot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Didn't get to shoot the rifle this weekend as I had other obligations with handgun shooting, but I will definitely try and make it out this week or by the weekend.

I still haven't heard back from DI optical on any of my questions. I was actually having second thoughts because of this and was getting ready to return this optic, but I'm going to stick it out and take a chance on it as I really do like what I'm seeing so far.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Didn't get to shoot the rifle this weekend as I had other obligations with handgun shooting, but I will definitely try and make it out this week or by the weekend.

I still haven't heard back from DI optical on any of my questions. I was actually having second thoughts because of this and was getting ready to return this optic, but I'm going to stick it out and take a chance on it as I really do like what I'm seeing so far.

View Quote

Okay just thought I would give another update as I have heard back a bunch of times from DI optical and they were very friendly and informative. I still haven't gotten out to the range with this optic yet but like I said I'm hoping for later on this week over the holiday.

DI optical told me that the warranty has actually been bumped up to a 3 year warranty now and if anything goes wrong with it they will repair it free of charge for that three years. They do state to make sure that you hang on to your receipt.

They also told me that they are working on a QD mount.

This definitely makes me feel a little more confident in this company.

Like I said I'm not going to beat the living hell out of this thing because I really can't afford to, but if I have the means and resources I will try to even do maybe some drastic temperature change tests to see if it shifts zero at all. Since this site is set up like a prism and not like the Eotech I'm willing to bet that there should not be any zero shifting problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was really interested in one of the Ravens, I too wanted something different instead of just another aimpoint.  I don't want to buy
junk and can't throw away money but I'm not getting shot at either so I can afford to fiddle a bit.  I've watched DI for a good year now
and nada out in the world other than some pretty pics, so Meprolight got my money the other week(and not a lot of it too, yay black friday) their RDS is a prism setup too.  
Somewhere around $300 or a bit less is a sweet point for consumer optics imo, so I'll keep an eye out for some reviews.  I really think they
missed the boat timing wise with the eotech crap going on, I'd have had these things in the hands of every big youtube
blog/forum/personality ages ago, for better or for worse.
View Quote

Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop, but what "eotech crap" is going on?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/eotech/
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/eotech/

Wow that's crazy, thanks for the link. Sorry for the slight hijack, but this can only be good news for other optics companies, I'm sure a lot of people are pissed at eotech and have taken them off the table for their optic considerations.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Okay just thought I would give another update as I have heard back a bunch of times from DI optical and they were very friendly and informative. I still haven't gotten out to the range with this optic yet but like I said I'm hoping for later on this week over the holiday.

DI optical told me that the warranty has actually been bumped up to a 3 year warranty now and if anything goes wrong with it they will repair it free of charge for that three years. They do state to make sure that you hang on to your receipt.

Like I said I'm not going to beat the living hell out of this thing because I really can't afford to, but if I have the means and resources I will try to even do maybe some drastic temperature change tests to see if it shifts zero at all. Since this site is set up like a prism and not like the Eotech I'm willing to bet that there should not be any zero shifting problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the review.  Have you been able to take it the range yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only review (includes range report) I've seen: click me
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Only review (includes range report) I've seen: click me
View Quote

Thanks!   That's the only one that I've seen as well, good review btw!  Just hoping to get more info because  this optic definitely has my interest.  From what little I've seen, it's looking good so far.  Hopefully, gman556 will come back with a positive range report.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
so i recently got the EG1. i've only used Eotech and Meprolight in the past, so its a bit different for me. when facing the sun i'm getting some glare and halo'ing around the red dot. is this normal for red dot sights like this? i've ready of people having similar issues with aimpoints but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, any reflex sight will have glare under the right conditions.  On my EG-1 I also noticed the same glare under those conditions (brightness cranked all the way up and optic either facing directly at or away from bright light.  As in your picture the glare I saw was the same, concentric circles around the dot, one large one about the diameter of the lens and one smaller one as a ring around the dot.  Considering other red dots optics will have glare in these conditions, I actually thought the concentric circles on this was far less distracting and much less prone to losing the dot than the glare I've seen on other red dot optics.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#15]
cool thanks for the info! so how do you think it compares to an aimpoint?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
cool thanks for the info! so how do you think it compares to an aimpoint?
View Quote

Depends on what your needs/wants are.  Compared to my Aimpoint CompM4, I think the EG1 blows it away on field of view and clarity.  However the Aimpoint has the advantage of massive battery life and known durability (that's not to say the EG1 isn't durable, looking at the company behind it I feel fairly confident it probably is, but there just don't seem to be enough of them out there put through the paces to know for sure).

If it's for having fun at the range, I'd pick the EG1 all day long.  If it's for SHTF, maybe the Aimpoint is the choice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Any new updates on the EG1?   I was thinking of picking one up.   Ranierarms is about the only place that I've found that has them anywhere in the US.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As they get more popular, I would expect them to be available in more places.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any new updates on the EG1?   I was thinking of picking one up.   Ranierarms is about the only place that I've found that has them anywhere in the US.

As they get more popular, I would expect them to be available in more places.  

I am intrigued.  I would like to see more input as well
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top