Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2015 2:30:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
sexy
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
That actually looks tacticool AND functional.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just FYI the part of the brake that has "Fatman" written across it is an unthreaded sleeve that goes over your barrel; the threads actually start right at the indentation between "Fatman" and the Phase 5 logo.

ETA: It would be good to know what size wrench is needed to install the brake. I'm not a big fan of the "screwdriver through the vent ports" or the adjustable crescent wrench method of installation...
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just FYI the part of the brake that has "Fatman" written across it is an unthreaded sleeve that goes over your barrel; the threads actually start right at the indentation between "Fatman" and the Phase 5 logo.

ETA: It would be good to know what size wrench is needed to install the brake. I'm not a big fan of the "screwdriver through the vent ports" or the adjustable crescent wrench method of installation...
View Quote

Good to know. This would not be usable on a 10.3" barrel with FSB or a similar setup.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
when are you going to post up some videos of it in action?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not a big fan of the "screwdriver through the vent ports" or the adjustable crescent wrench method of installation...
View Quote

Use a hardwood dowel  so it doesn't scratch the finish.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have any trigger time behind one of these?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Stick - that would be great. When I google it all I see is stuff talking about how cool it looks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea im interested in this as well.............could not dig up much on it
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#12]
My first post, here goes nothing.

I've got the FatMan and the Little Boy (5.56/.223). They perform well in my opinion. I recently had to qualify with my AR last week. My scores were the same, but I found it easier to reacquire my target after each shot. I really noticed the performance while shooting on the move. Nearly no muzzle climb.

It's aesthetically pleasing as well, looks good tucked inside a 15" rail.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My first post, here goes nothing.

I've got the FatMan and the Little Boy (5.56/.223). They perform well in my opinion. I recently had to qualify with my AR last week. My scores were the same, but I found it easier to reacquire my target after each shot. I really noticed the performance while shooting on the move. Nearly no muzzle climb.

It's aesthetically pleasing as well, looks good tucked inside a 15" rail.
View Quote

Thanks for chiming in.  How is the side blast / concussion out of the Fatman?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Honestly I haven't noticed. I've shot with others and they haven't mentioned how bad/minuscule it is. I'm supposed to go shoot again this weekend during some training. I'll post more about it.

Might get a little info here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKZpuRueG30
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Honestly I haven't noticed. I've shot with others and they haven't mentioned how bad/minuscule it is. I'm supposed to go shoot again this weekend during some training. I'll post more about it.

View Quote

Thanks man, if you remember, please pay attention to the concussion and report back after your range trip.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where in OK do you shoot?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Had one of these on my AR for about a month and put around 1500 rounds through it.  I took a two day AR Vitals class and I felt sorry for the shooters next to me.  When firing from a vehicle my partner said the blast was almost too much.  

I really wish I was able to still run it.  It made my rifle very enjoyable to shoot.  I had a 16" barrel in a 15" Atlas rail and it fit perfect.  Installed with an adjustable wrench.  

I was disappointed when I changed my rail to a Bootleginc rail and it wouldn't fit inside.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top