Is the fluted RE/buffer tube next?

Cheers
Shannon

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Double post
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it.  Any chance for built in QD's.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a KeyMod version coming on the heels of the MLOK?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like you changed up your MLok slots a bit since your earliest versions. Curious to why you made the change.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like you changed up your MLok slots a bit since your earliest versions. Curious to why you made the change.
View Quote

They mentioned this in their picture thread.  If I remember correctly, Magpul asked them not to have customized slots, because they didn't want other companies (especially those without the precision manufacturing background that 2A has) to customize them, too.  Basically, they were worried that it might result in some customized slots (not 2A's, since they worked perfectly)  not functioning as well, which could hurt the reputation of the system.  Or something like that.  All newly produced rails have the flush slots without the lip around them.  It was an aesthetic detail designed to highlight 2A's abilities, not a functional one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is exactly correct.
View Quote

Good to know that my memory still works ... sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it, nice job guys.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#12]
you win 10 internetz for putting the giant mlok logo on the bottom of the rail instead of the sides like everyone else

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is exactly correct.

Ryan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They mentioned this in their picture thread.  If I remember correctly, Magpul asked them not to have customized slots, because they didn't want other companies (especially those without the precision manufacturing background that 2A has) to customize them, too.  Basically, they were worried that it might result in some customized slots (not 2A's, since they worked perfectly)  not functioning as well, which could hurt the reputation of the system.  Or something like that.  All newly produced rails have the flush slots without the lip around them.  It was an aesthetic detail designed to highlight 2A's abilities, not a functional one.

That is exactly correct.

Ryan

The shop gun has the old rail on it...You know which one I'm grabbing when I build mine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks...

I hate markings overall, so we try to keep some of them small, and out of the way.

I am that guy who buys an FX4 Ford pickup, and peels the FX4 sticker off the side of the bed before driving it off the lot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you win 10 internetz for putting the giant mlok logo on the bottom of the rail instead of the sides like everyone else

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/picard_clapping.gif

Thanks...

I hate markings overall, so we try to keep some of them small, and out of the way.

I am that guy who buys an FX4 Ford pickup, and peels the FX4 sticker off the side of the bed before driving it off the lot.  

you and I could be friends......just saying

i wish more of those offering the mlok would do what you are doing, this rail is now in my top 3 for my SBR build
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#16]
What's it look like with a 7 or 8" barrel and flaming pig?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Any chance you guys updated the extrusion dimensions on this handguard for a slightly larger inside width underneath the top rail?

I bought one of these before this newer updated version (mine has the aesthetic milling around the M-Loks) but am unable to use it with my Syrac Piston due to the channel under the top rail being too thin.

The .410 width in this image is too large to fit inside the handguard. As such, my beautiful handguard sits on the shelf.... waiting.....
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought one of these before this newer updated version (mine has the aesthetic milling around the M-Loks) but am unable to use it with my Syrac Piston due to the channel under the top rail being too thin.

The .410 width in this image is too large to fit inside the handguard. As such, my beautiful handguard sits on the shelf.... waiting.....
View Quote

If you decide that you need to buy something else to use with your Syrac, I could help you fund that purchase by buying the 2A BL rail.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Dope
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you decide that you need to buy something else to use with your Syrac, I could help you fund that purchase by buying the 2A BL rail.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose I'd rather see it on a rifle then my shelf...
Mine is the 12" version, not the 10". The barrel nut was installed once, the handguard never got put on. In it's original box with instructions. If you want it, PM me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mine is the 12" version, not the 10". The barrel nut was installed once, the handguard never got put on. In it's original box with instructions. If you want it, PM me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12" is what I am really looking for.  PM sent.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to completely derail this thread, but I wanted to thank Dayton64 and since it's not an EE thread, I can't do it officially.  He sold me the "first run" rail for an extremely reasonable price (less than most places charge for a current one) and sent it very quickly.  The rail is soooooooo nice.  Obviously, the current ones are great, but those little details around the M-Lok slots are icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy Hell that's one hot rail. Keep up the good work guys.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Any update on if the newer version will fit the syrac/superlative gas piston block noted above. Ready to pull the trigger but really want to try a piston kit in shorty build.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice.  Out of curiosity, what kind of weight savings do you get by milling out the picatinny lands?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

For the love of all that's holy, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
How is that compliant with the M-Lok standard?

The flat in front of the m-lok slot closest to the end of the barrel is not .300, which is the flat requirement. This is discernible from the picture because the flat between the slots is .300 per the mlok standard, and the flat in front of the slots is clearly not as big as the one between.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Well this went over like a fart in church! Total fail (even enough so that we all agree).
Fail.
Fail.
Fail.
Fart in church.
Fail.
Ugly as shit. Fail.
Idiotic grip to receiver fit (has ZERO blending of grip to trigger guard). FAIL.
No one asked for an aluminum grip (for good reason). FAIL.
An A2 style, seriously?.. what is this,.. 2001?.....FAIL.

Ok... I'm done chipping in with the hate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well this went over like a fart in church! Total fail (even enough so that we all agree).
Fail.
Fail.
Fail.
Fart in church.
Fail.
Ugly as shit. Fail.
Idiotic grip to receiver fit (has ZERO blending of grip to trigger guard). FAIL.

View Quote

Wrong thread?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What in the!!! Oh!

Meh, lets keep it here anyhow.

Ryan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail.
Fail.
Fail.
Fart in church.
Fail.
Ugly as shit. Fail.

Wrong thread?

What in the!!! Oh!

Meh, lets keep it here anyhow.

Ryan

Yeah, that design was like the polar-opposite of a 2A design.  You guys are all win, win, win, while that grip was (as noted above) all fail, fail, fail.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thanks...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

I thought I was the only one that did that. My 2000 F250 4X4 had the big "4X4" sticker on the side of the bed. Made the dealer remove it before delivery.

I also will not let them attach any dealer logos or license plate frame. Unless they want to pay me for the advertising space.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top