[#2]
A drill?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Sooooo.....

It's an electric toothbrush?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
This is one of those items that  it was 85-90% off I would look at but seeing as I can buy a Black and Decker 12volt cordless drill and several chamber brushes and a 12"+ piece of rod for 1/4 the price I have to say it's not for me.

Great Idea just it prices itself out IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is one of those items that  it was 85-90% off I would look at but seeing as I can buy a Black and Decker 12volt cordless drill and several chamber brushes and a 12"+ piece of rod for 1/4 the price I have to say it's not for me.

View Quote

This is coming from the keyboard of "CaptainOverkill"? Your forum name basically requires that you purchase this product.

On a serious note... It looks like something that would work and probably would make a decent stocking stuffer for the man who has EVERYTHING shooting related.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Seems like it would be okay for the chamber, I guess, but isn't the brush supposed to move freely with the rifling?

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is coming from the keyboard of "CaptainOverkill"? Your forum name basically requires that you purchase this product.  

On a serious note... It looks like something that would work and probably would make a decent stocking stuffer for the man who has EVERYTHING shooting related.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha you would think but since Obama I can no longer afford to buy such Items. .....on a serious note yes this appears to be a $140 9v battery powered chamber cleaning tool.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Froglube??
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't this come out a few years ago? I don't get why it's in the new products section.

If you're an armorer or something, i can see this being useful. But if you're just cleaning your personal gear, $140 is not worth it to save a few seconds.

As stated before, this is merely a right angle 9v drill. I have a 12v straight drill that'll work just as good. But, it's also good for drilling metal, wood, anything really. It's a Milwaukee, came in a kit that cost more than $140, but has thousands more uses.

I'm all for innovative stuff. But some things are just beyond pointless. The argument "is not for everyone" cannot be used for everything. This product is solely for the lazy consumer who buys things on impulse without researching.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I could see this being useful for someone who doesn't have good grip strength from an injury or something.  But other than that, I see no value.  It is money down the drain.  People have manually cleaned weapons since they were invented and I don't have any need to clean them with a drill.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Ouch on the price
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I could see this being useful for someone who doesn't have good grip strength from an injury or something.  But other than that, I see no value.  It is money down the drain.  People have manually cleaned weapons since they were invented and I don't have any need to clean them with a drill.  

View Quote

Now that's a definite maybe. Didn't think of that. But then again, it's really only good for cleaning the chamber. Not meant for the barrel.

I honestly don't see where they're getting the price.

Is the drill assembly made completely in USA? The brushes aren't that expensive, they're nylon. What makes them proprietary?
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top