BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2015 3:05:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Does this use a proprietary BCG? If not, what is the buffer weight and will there be heavier buffers available?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What is minimum length it can collapse to?

Need info on BCG.  i.e. will there be a buffer to work with a QC10 9mm lower?  Will this work with a PWS BCG?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
NICE!  +2 on the question the others have asked about the BCG
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
NVM

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
•Proprietary Ultra Compact Buffer & Recoil Spring System - Compatible with MilSpec M16/AR15 Bolt Carrier
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
IMO, best version so far!
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Minimum Collapsed Length = 4.75"
Maximum Extended Length = 8.75"

No proprietary BCG.  Compatible with standard MilSpec M16 Bolt Carrier.  Patent Pending Ultra Compact Buffer System is self contained and "drops-in".  The first sub 5" PDW Stock System commercially available that doesn't need a proprietary BCG (one piece with buffer) or require you to use an adapter so you can "shotgun" the upper without retraining.

The reciprocating mass of the buffer is between a H1 and H2.  Pending on your build specs, it may work or may need some tuning to balance.  We haven't tested with 9mm yet.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need info on BCG.  i.e. will there be a buffer to work with a QC10 9mm lower?  Will this work with a PWS BCG?

No proprietary BCG.  Compatible with standard MilSpec M16 Bolt Carrier.  Patent Pending Ultra Compact Buffer System is self contained and "drops-in".  The first sub 5" PDW Stock System commercially available that doesn't need a proprietary BCG (one piece with buffer) or require you to use an adapter so you can "shotgun" the upper without retraining.

The reciprocating mass of the buffer is between a H1 and H2.  Pending on your build specs, it may work or may need some tuning to balance.  We haven't tested with 9mm yet.  

I'd love to see photos of the buffer system.
If you guys come out with heavier buffer weights for suppressed 9mm (8-12oz) I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Due to the very limited volume of space we have to work with inside the buffer tube and still maintain the ability to shotgun the upper and not use a proprietary carrier, we have maxed out at about H1+ reciprocating mass.  If we need to go more, we can do that but we may lose the ability to shotgun the upper but still use a standard carrier.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to see photos of the buffer system.
If you guys come out with heavier buffer weights for suppressed 9mm (8-12oz) I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Due to the very limited volume of space we have to work with inside the buffer tube and still maintain the ability to shotgun the upper and not use a proprietary carrier, we have maxed out at about H1+ reciprocating mass.  If we need to go more, we can do that but we may lose the ability to shotgun the upper but still use a standard carrier.  

I'm sure you've looked at the MVB ARC and how the buffer can be captured with the bottom button, and the carrier pulled forward from the buffer to allow for shotgunning while having the buffer extend into the carrier for more mass.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes.  We are aware of that system.  We want to do something unique and different that does not require the need for an adapter or change the SOP to shotgun the upper.  We are also respectful of the intellectual property by others.  This is why it is so challenging to make something different and better and at the same time not step on any toes because usually someone somewhere have already thought of it before or it wouldn't be a patentable and unique idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure you've looked at the MVB ARC and how the buffer can be captured with the bottom button, and the carrier pulled forward from the buffer to allow for shotgunning while having the buffer extend into the carrier for more mass.

Yes.  We are aware of that system.  We want to do something unique and different that does not require the need for an adapter or change the SOP to shotgun the upper.  We are also respectful of the intellectual property by others.  This is why it is so challenging to make something different and better and at the same time not step on any toes because usually someone somewhere have already thought of it before or it wouldn't be a patentable and unique idea.

Good to hear
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Is there an official release date?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

<snip>  We want to do something unique and different that does not require the need for an adapter or change the SOP to shotgun the upper.  We are also respectful of the intellectual property by others.  <snip>
View Quote

Sorry for the stupid question...  what do you mean "shotgun the upper" and why is this feature so desirable?  I was thinking that "shotgunning" is  the same as "mortaring" a rifle, but now I don't think so..  Googling the term doesn't provide me the same context as how you are using it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I believe "shotgunning" in this context refers to field stripping the AR15 by releasing the rear take down pin but leaving the pivot pin in place, allowing the rifle to rotate open kind of like a single shot or double barrel shotgun.

Some of the PDW type stocks that require bolt carrier inserts or different buffers don't allow this because of a protrusion between the bolt and the buffer.  In that case both the rear take down pin and the pivot pin must be removed in order to field strip the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I believe "shotgunning" in this context refers to field stripping the AR15 by releasing the rear take down pin but leaving the pivot pin in place, allowing the rifle to rotate open kind of like a single shot or double barrel shotgun.

Some of the PDW type stocks that require bolt carrier inserts or different buffers don't allow this because of a protrusion between the bolt and the buffer.  In that case both the rear take down pin and the pivot pin must be removed in order to field strip the rifle.
View Quote

ahhh...  duh!   Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the exact same question, thanks to you both for covering it. Pretty badass stock right there!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Crazy question,
Could you cut the buffer tube down or off for use on guns that accept AR stocks, but don't use buffer tubes?  Something like the old Nordic Components CRS, pictured here on my XCR:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#21]
So basically this is the stock that's on the CMT PDW lower, but doesn't require you to buy the proprietary PDW lower?

Neat.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So basically this is the stock that's on the CMT PDW lower, but doesn't require you to buy the proprietary PDW lower?

Neat.  
View Quote

From their (BAD's) own PDW lower thread, I believe that this includes their proprietary compact buffer system, which allows it to be shorter when closed than CMT's.  They did, however, develop it together, so other than the length, it is basically the same stock.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Crazy question,
Could you cut the buffer tube down or off for use on guns that accept AR stocks, but don't use buffer tubes?  Something like the old Nordic Components CRS, pictured here on my XCR:

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/hornybooger2_zpstlgsvxef.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/hornybooger2_zpstlgsvxef.jpg</a><a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/hornybooger1_zpskskphsvt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/hornybooger1_zpskskphsvt.jpg</a>
View Quote

I hate that they discontinued it, I've got one from the first run.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Will the buffer system work for suppressed and unsupressed 300 BLK?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful but pricey $$$
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top