AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]

etsgroup, have you had anything like this happen with 9mm ARs? I haven't run my other 2 ets mags in that gun yet but was curious if this would affect function down the road or anything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, nothing like that has been reported. That said, what I see in that picture should not affect performance. Feel free to keep running it and see if a problem develops, we will take it back. I assume the BCG is hitting it there?? The steel will get rid of the plastic it needs to and then the rubbing should stop. That has probably already happened.

What kind of 9mm AR are you running?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/02blackws679ta/media/Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-16-57_zpsidn0hghg.png.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/02blackws679ta/Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-16-57_zpsidn0hghg.png</a>

etsgroup, have you had anything like this happen with 9mm ARs? I haven't run my other 2 ets mags in that gun yet but was curious if this would affect function down the road or anything.

No, nothing like that has been reported. That said, what I see in that picture should not affect performance. Feel free to keep running it and see if a problem develops, we will take it back. I assume the BCG is hitting it there?? The steel will get rid of the plastic it needs to and then the rubbing should stop. That has probably already happened.

What kind of 9mm AR are you running?

yup, a "ridge", if you will, on the underside of the bolt was making contact on the lip there. It's a runner runner guns lower (NFA rebrand) and a standard forged upper for the time being. I was curious if once I can find the damn matching upper if maybe the bolt channel is every so slightly higher or something and would alleviate this contact between the bolt and mag.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent an IM with my contact info.

Thanks,
Ghilly
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered 10 of the 31 rd mags.  None will seat in my Kriss Vector but factory Glock 17 and 33s work fine, not sure what the design difference is.  Perhaps the side ridges/shelves that factory mags don't have are limiting insertion depth preventing the mag release from catching.  Should have just ordered one to check, oh well lesson learned  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any updated range reports?
View Quote

I'm curious of the same thing orifthere are any video torture tests?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wasn't a torture test by any means but ran ~700 rounds through my new ar9 build this past weekend with these mags and they performed flawlessly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

wasn't a torture test by any means but ran ~700 rounds through my new ar9 build this past weekend with these mags and they performed flawlessly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tested my 3 31 rounders this weekend. It was cold that was the only thing that made it suck. But all ran fine no issues.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
So you guys debuting anything new at SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I've put my 22 rounders through 2 3 gun matches and a uspsa match so far. Lim minor, don't judge.

Great product.

I've also used them, with dummy rounds, to show my basic pistol students how magazines work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]
60 day rule
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top