Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2015 3:35:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the actual MOA drops for each hold over?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a newb to the 300 but am planning mine now so go easy on me.   How does this bdc correlate to short barrels?  Been looking for an optic like this for my build.  This intrigues me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a newb to the 300 but am planning mine now so go easy on me.   How does this bdc correlate to short barrels?  Been looking for an optic like this for my build.  This intrigues me.
View Quote

It's going to depend on the ammo but with 147gr Freedom Munitions loads (pictured) and a 10.5'' barrel it's pretty much spot on.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks plouffedaddy for the reply.  I should've been more clear-I'm looking at SUBSONIC through a short barrel and don't see any subsonic loads in their data chart.  

Sweet rifle too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks plouffedaddy for the reply.  I should've been more clear-I'm looking at SUBSONIC through a short barrel and don't see any subsonic loads in their data chart.  

Sweet rifle too.
View Quote

you'll have even more variation there.   Subs will vary wildly in holdovers as in 300BLK you're talking about a 50(ish) grain difference that can all be loaded subsonic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, this looks complicated.  Hopefully it can be memorized with use.  Couple questions, Marshall.  (1) By "center dot" you actually mean the chevron?  (2) Why are the 300BLK ballistics listed on page 2 if You said to use a 50 yd zero in bold letters on the first page? (3) And I don't understand the 18" ranging instructions: "Center average center mass"?

Edit: words
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks I'll call you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
This is probably a dumb question but I was curious why this 1-6 varies from youre 1-6 in 5.56. Almost an inche shorter and 2 ounces lighter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not complicated at all. You only use the part of the reticle that is pertinent to what you are doing at that moment. A good example is it is way more complicated to hit a mover with no point of reference. PM me a phone number and a few times to call and  I will walk you through it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, this looks complicated.  Hopefully it can be memorized with use.  Couple questions, Marshall.  (1) By "center dot" you actually mean the chevron?  (2) What are the 300BLK ballistics listed?  You said to use a 50 yd zero in bold letter on the first page. (3) And I don't understand the 18" ranging instructions: "Center average center mass"?

Not complicated at all. You only use the part of the reticle that is pertinent to what you are doing at that moment. A good example is it is way more complicated to hit a mover with no point of reference. PM me a phone number and a few times to call and  I will walk you through it.

What is the reticle based on ...10.5 or 16" barrel?
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, this looks complicated.  Hopefully it can be memorized with use.  Couple questions, Marshall.  (1) By "center dot" you actually mean the chevron?  (2) What are the 300BLK ballistics listed?  You said to use a 50 yd zero in bold letter on the first page. (3) And I don't understand the 18" ranging instructions: "Center average center mass"?

Should find that in the third photo of the first post.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shorter so it does not ht the rear iron on a AK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is probably a dumb question but I was curious why this 1-6 varies from youre 1-6 in 5.56. Almost an inche shorter and 2 ounces lighter.

Shorter so it does not ht the rear iron on a AK

I know theres reasons for the difference I just meant making your 5.56 version shorter and lighter would have made it more attractive to a larger crowd.. A 15 ounce 1-6x would have garnished even more attention...especially someone doing a lightweight jack of all trades kinda build could throw one of those and an aero mount on a rifle and itd only add a bit over a pound. And purely for aesthetics I like a shorter scope...they seem to balance a bit better to

Really all I'm saying is I think it'd be awesome if you guys had a version of this in 5.56...chevron reticle and lighter and shorter
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
This is going to be absolutely perfect for my 7.62x39 AR
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top