Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Awesome!

I'll definitely give one a shot. Or the Acog. Have some deciding to do!

Have a new SPR in the works and have been going back and forth on optics. This is perfect to test out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance these or your Acogs will hit your Amazon store? I get 5% back for using my Amazon card. Would be a nice little discount along with prime shipping.

Will ask our Amazon mgr if he can get it posted

Awesome!

Have a new SPR in the works and have been going back and forth on optics. This is perfect to test out.

A link to the Amazon offering would be good if you can....thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance these or your Acogs will hit your Amazon store? I get 5% back for using my Amazon card. Would be a nice little discount along with prime shipping.

Will ask our Amazon mgr if he can get it posted

Awesome!

Try this link. Primary Arms Amazon Storefront
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We struck a deal with the factory that will allow us to offer a lifetime warranty. I will keep the price the same at least through the end of the year. All those who have already purchased will get the longer warranty. We are still working through the legal wording but it will cover any failure in normal use. Just means that if you drive a truck over it we won't fix it free but any mechanical or electric failure we will. The factory gave us a flat rate for repairs and we agreed to pay for the stock of parts needed if they go out of production.

View Quote

This is great news.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Badass.

As soon as they show up on Amazon, I'll be ordering an ACSS model. Might have to pick up an Acog too if they go up. Too indecisive to decide on a single one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No zero-stop. We are at $1,299 not $1,800. I have been working with the factory on a solution for the lifetime warranty. I am working on the wording now and will have a update later today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks killer, but what was compromised to hit the price-point of $1800 (with LT warranty, which you don't have, but I threw that in there because Leupold does), as compared with the MK8? What did you give up with that other $1200 that has yet to be accounted for?

No zero-stop. We are at $1,299 not $1,800. I have been working with the factory on a solution for the lifetime warranty. I am working on the wording now and will have a update later today.

You said a lifetime would add 700 to the tag. So I allowed y9u to call it 1800 worth of scope. Now you are saying it comes with the lt warranty for free, so it's basically a $500 scope that you claim would be just as good as a mk8 leupold...except it lacks a $2500 zerostop? Is my math wrong, or are you saying either leupold pockets several grand per mk8, or that zerostop is a multithousamd dollar feature?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We have submitted them but it usually takes a few hours to show up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Badass.

As soon as they show up on Amazon, I'll be ordering an ACSS model. Might have to pick up an Acog too if they go up. Too indecisive to decide on a single one.

We have submitted them but it usually takes a few hours to show up.

No worries. I'll keep an eye on it tonight and put in an order when it pops up.

I'm extremely excited and looking forward to these optics!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Just a heads up. The 1-8x is now on the PA Amazon Storefront.

ACSS model is on the way to me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Received my PA 1-8x today and got it mounted in a Larue LT104. FANTASTIC scope! The barrel for the build this scope is going on, is set to arrive on Thursday. If everything goes as planned, then it'll be out to the range on Sunday.

Crystal clear glass, excellent adjustment with defined clicks, ACSS reticle is great as always. LOVE the illumination as it's daylight bright and the fact that it came with BC caps on both ends is just icing on the cake.

It's also VERY well packaged with nice color instructions.

So far, it seems like a truly amazing entry into the higher quality scope market. I'll be sure to follow up with pictures and a range report.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You said a lifetime would add 700 to the tag. So I allowed y9u to call it 1800 worth of scope. Now you are saying it comes with the lt warranty for free, so it's basically a $500 scope that you claim would be just as good as a mk8 leupold...except it lacks a $2500 zerostop? Is my math wrong, or are you saying either leupold pockets several grand per mk8, or that zerostop is a multithousamd dollar feature?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks killer, but what was compromised to hit the price-point of $1800 (with LT warranty, which you don't have, but I threw that in there because Leupold does), as compared with the MK8? What did you give up with that other $1200 that has yet to be accounted for?

Wat

Leupold probably has MUCH higher margins than Primary Arms does. I wouldn't doubt it if they pocket 4-5x as much per scope as PA. I'm not sure how PA stays in business with their fantastic priced optics.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think I said it could add $300-$500. I also said when I announced the warranty change that the price would stay the same for now. It will go up with the next order we receive which will be next year. Maybe I didn't understand your math but you asked what else you give up and I said zero stops. That is not claiming it is as good as a MK8?  The MK8 was the first 1-8X to hit the market,  and it is from one of the most respected scope manufacturers and is their top of the line made in the USA scope. It should sell for more. The street price has dropped since they were introduced.

I made it clear that my goal was to bring the advantaged of a quality 1-8X scope to market at an affordable price. I don't think anyone that buys one will be disappointed or think it is a $500 scope. It can play in the big leagues. Customer feedback will determine how it is viewed compared to the competition.

Did I intentionally price our first Platinum Series scope low, with much less markup than our competitors, to convince people that PA can play at the above $1,000 price range. Maybe  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I said it could add $300-$500. I also said when I announced the warranty change that the price would stay the same for now. It will go up with the next order we receive which will be next year. Maybe I didn't understand your math but you asked what else you give up and I said zero stops. That is not claiming it is as good as a MK8?  The MK8 was the first 1-8X to hit the market,  and it is from one of the most respected scope manufacturers and is their top of the line made in the USA scope. It should sell for more. The street price has dropped since they were introduced.

I made it clear that my goal was to bring the advantaged of a quality 1-8X scope to market at an affordable price. I don't think anyone that buys one will be disappointed or think it is a $500 scope. It can play in the big leagues. Customer feedback will determine how it is viewed compared to the competition.

Did I intentionally price our first Platinum Series scope low, with much less markup than our competitors, to convince people that PA can play at the above $1,000 price range. Maybe  

I misunderstood you, then. On Facebook, as well as here, you said "Same as a MK8 basically". When I think of the MK8, I think of something that is battle tested, thrown out of helicopters, and built to take an absolute pounding day in and day out. I simply could not see how in the world you have a product that is equal to that, for the price you do.

Now, I understand that you meant in a "features at face value" standpoint that your optic is  = to the MK8, and that makes a lot more sense to me.

I am very impressed with the reviews of the optic, and the price-point is tits, as is the warranty. My only hang-up was my perception that you were saying MK8=PA1-8. I now understand what you meant, and apologize for the confusion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Received my PA 1-8x today and got it mounted in a Larue LT104. FANTASTIC scope! The barrel for the build this scope is going on, is set to arrive on Thursday. If everything goes as planned, then it'll be out to the range on Sunday.

Crystal clear glass, excellent adjustment with defined clicks, ACSS reticle is great as always. LOVE the illumination as it's daylight bright and the fact that it came with BC caps on both ends is just icing on the cake.

It's also VERY well packaged with nice color instructions.

So far, it seems like a truly amazing entry into the higher quality scope market. I'll be sure to follow up with pictures and a range report.
View Quote

I just receive mine yesterday. I like the glass and reticle. I like the turret locks. Illumination is nice as is the knob with off a position between each of the different settings. I have to wait 2 weeks to test mine out of a desert trip I have planned. The only down side is the weight, which seems to be about the same with most of the scopes in 1-6 or 1-8 power category. But on the bright side if I need to beat someone up side the head this will do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I LOVE the concept of this scope on a .308 AR like Glock fan did!! Unfortunately I won't have such an AR anytime soon, so it'll have to wait, but this is definitely on my radar and I look forward to more reviews.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Are these going to be part of a black Friday sale at all?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
On sale or not, the PA 1-8x is absolutely spectacular. I've had mine to the range for a few trips now and it's rock solid. Great adjustment, clear glass.

Even at the listed price it's a steal compared to the rest of the market. Especially with the lifetime warranty now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That would be highly unlikely, reddot bright has been very hard for most of the variables even in SFP scopes and I am not aware of one in a FFP. Either way this looks like a fantastic scope and should prove to be an awsome product.

EDIT: Any plans on a 1-5or6 premium 30mm in the future?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very interested in this scope. But like someone else asked will the reticle be bright like a red dot sight outdoors on a sunny day.

That would be highly unlikely, reddot bright has been very hard for most of the variables even in SFP scopes and I am not aware of one in a FFP. Either way this looks like a fantastic scope and should prove to be an awsome product.

The Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6 is a SFP and gets more than bright enough for daytime use.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6 is a SFP and gets more than bright enough for daytime use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very interested in this scope. But like someone else asked will the reticle be bright like a red dot sight outdoors on a sunny day.

The reason the Razor HD is bright as it is is due to the reticle having a LED / fiber optic assembly that terminates in the center of the reticle. All the energy of the LED is focused on that one point and thus the razor HD can get red dot bright.

A reflective optic like the PA 1-8 as seen here operates on a different principle. The LED has to splash the entire reticle design with light to light up the large reticle design.

Look down the objective in of a RAZOR and turn the light on and there is no red dot or LED light that comes out the front of the optic. Look down the tube of a reflector type optic such as this one or the countless others available and you can see lots of illumination escaping out the front of the tube. That's lots of light wasted on nothing while SOME of the light is reflecting back at you off of the reticle design. Not that these types of scopes cant get bright, but the LED has to be run harder to get to the same level of brightness.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Very nice optic, good to see there is a Lifetime Warranty. Will I ever own one, I seriously doubt it. I have to settle with the $500 or less offerings from PA, because of my fixed income. Which is ok, PA has proven that a company, can offer good quality glass, at a lower price point. And for that, I say thank you!

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#23]
MARSH1, the scope looks very interesting.  I see the BDC reticle is for 5.56, 5.45 and .308.  Is it calibrated for any specific load in 5.56, or just kind of a general area?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#25]
my first outing with my new 1-8 was Thanksgiving.  Shot some through the scope video.

I picked up a Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 with the ACSS REticle.

" ACSS Reticle "Advanced Combined Sighting System" combing Bullet Drop Compensation, Range Estimation, Wind and Leads "

Dimitri Mikroulis, at Primary Arms, developed a non-mil, non-MOA reticle that simply works.  I have followed the development of this reticle over the past few years.  The concept is that the reticle takes advantage of average target sizes.  Sight the ACSS reticle in at 100 yards holdovers out to 800 yards.

That said, I am a novice shooter and have learned to use my horus reticles and mil dot reticles so this is stupifyingly simple for me.  I am still getting used to it.

The optic itself is nice.  I have two Leupold Mk 8s so I am familiar with the 1-8x optic.

This optic is clear.  The glass is a step above the other PA optics that I have owned.

The turrets feel great  The clicks are positive.  Audible and easily felt.  They feel great.  I like the pull up to turn and push down to lock feature.

I did the initial zero using Wolf 62gr   The final zero will be with my hunting ammo.  75Gr Gold Dots.

Here is the rig.  POF P416, Gemtech Trek Ti, Primary Arms Platinum 1-8x24 in a Larue SPR mount.

Its sitting in my Hog Saddle on a Giotto Tripod and Ball mount.

The 1-8x24mm in the Larue Mount

The Gemtech Trek Ti

Enjoying a Cigar with my vintage Seiko Diver

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
my first outing with my new 1-8 was Thanksgiving.  Shot some through the scope video.

https://youtu.be/Mg_2-PcM3GI

I picked up a Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 with the ACSS REticle.

" ACSS Reticle "Advanced Combined Sighting System" combing Bullet Drop Compensation, Range Estimation, Wind and Leads "

Dimitri Mikroulis, at Primary Arms, developed a non-mil, non-MOA reticle that simply works.  I have followed the development of this reticle over the past few years.  The concept is that the reticle takes advantage of average target sizes.  Sight the ACSS reticle in at 100 yards holdovers out to 800 yards.

That said, I am a novice shooter and have learned to use my horus reticles and mil dot reticles so this is stupifyingly simple for me.  I am still getting used to it.

The optic itself is nice.  I have two Leupold Mk 8s so I am familiar with the 1-8x optic.

This optic is clear.  The glass is a step above the other PA optics that I have owned.

The turrets feel great  The clicks are positive.  Audible and easily felt.  They feel great.  I like the pull up to turn and push down to lock feature.

I did the initial zero using Wolf 62gr   The final zero will be with my hunting ammo.  75Gr Gold Dots.

http://s19.postimg.org/xkxad66ib/20151126_122713.jpg  

Here is the rig.  POF P416, Gemtech Trek Ti, Primary Arms Platinum 1-8x24 in a Larue SPR mount.

Its sitting in my Hog Saddle on a Giotto Tripod and Ball mount.

http://s19.postimg.org/ldy59cpyr/20151126_122720.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/e5hx6bnub/20151126_122742.jpg    
The 1-8x24mm in the Larue Mount

http://s19.postimg.org/8y1fflwmr/20151126_122844.jpg  

http://s19.postimg.org/4avddu99v/20151126_122902.jpg  
The Gemtech Trek Ti

http://s19.postimg.org/61eefbqsz/20151127_130146.jpg
Enjoying a Cigar with my vintage Seiko Diver

http://s19.postimg.org/viwsyx8j7/20151127_134106.jpg  

http://s19.postimg.org/3k78lswab/20151127_135523.jpg  

http://s19.postimg.org/3k78lswab/20151127_135523.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/hugsxacmr/20151127_135530.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/9wmdvmzcj/20151127_135631.jpg    
View Quote

I like your style sir.  Ashton Virgin Sun Grown cigar (very tasty), bad ass weaponry and nice time keeper.  Thanks for the video of the glass...I am interested in this scope but also waiting on that 6-30 primary arms scope I am seeing thats being tested.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I had to reshoot the 200yd video.

I have learned that shooting through the optic isn't easy.  Either fir the shooting or the filming.

The 200yd video is coming next week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had to reshoot the 200yd video.

I have learned that shooting through the optic isn't easy.  Either fir the shooting or the filming.

The 200yd video is coming next week.
View Quote

Embed:

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks promising
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Great videos and pictures, SC-Texas.

Since you have both, would you mind comparing the PA 1-8 to your CQBSS 1.1-8?  I know you can't fairly compare a $1200 scope to a $3000 scope, but knowing it's less than half the cost, how does the PA compare?  I'm planning on buying one for 3-gun, but I gotta know it's going to hold up to the abuse of banging around stages all weekend long.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#32]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top