BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2015 11:12:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good! Now less posting and MOAR building!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I want!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the email this morning.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
those bolt screws that mate the hand guard to the receiver look wonky to me. hopefully they will offer hand guard replacements.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't quite tell, but is that GII size receivers? Lack of a dust cover is throwing me off. Plus I'm looking on my phone.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't quite tell, but is that GII size receivers? Lack of a dust cover is throwing me off. Plus I'm looking on my phone.
View Quote

Not positive but looks large frame to me.. Look at all the meat above the grip/ receiver extension area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope there is an 18" barrel option
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Will these be offered with mLok rails?

Also, why did you film that video without a muzzle device?  Just curious!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
it is just a warmed-over DPMS pattern or something actually new?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like Daniel defense but unless it's a medium frame what's the point.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow some of the responses in this thread are retarded.  Warmed over DPMS...ignorance is strong with that one..
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow some of the responses in this thread are retarded.  Warmed over DPMS...ignorance is strong with that one..
View Quote

OK, please go on and shed some light for all the retards here.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you really think DD would just throw some warmed over POS out there and say hey guys look at our POS 308.  Does DD put out shit?  No they dont.  Best believe when it comes out it will be top notch and better than most.of the 308 offerings out there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I wouldnt really say that DD is "top notch" but they are very good
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you really think DD would just throw some warmed over POS out there and say hey guys look at our POS 308.  Does DD put out shit?  No they dont.  Best believe when it comes out it will be top notch and better than most.of the 308 offerings out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Warmed over DPMS pattern or something different was the question. Not a question of quality or perceived quality. In other words, is it based on the DPMS basic design (as opposed to the Armalite AR10 basic design (ie will the lower and other parts interchange), or is this its own completely new design?

Not a fanboy, so hard to get excited at this point without knowing more. I don't think any further details have been released since the 7/10 video?? Does anybody know the answer to this?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Daniel defense makes great barrels, lpk,and bcgs. Their receivers and handguards are not really anything special or "better" in any way.

With that said, looking more at this video, it does look like DPMS GI pattern receivers, doesn't have the slanted radius at the back like Armalite, LaRue, KAC. But it's still hard to tell.

What i don't get, is why the OP just drops a video, then does not return to answer any questions. This type of marketing technique is just annoying, and kinda ride to your potential customers. Id rather not hear anything at all until the final product is ready.

The upper receiver/handguard looks to be proprietary to each other. If it'll fit any other lower, that's all speculation until we see rifles in the wild.

Adding yet another proprietary system to the 308 market. It's sad, i would've hoped Daniel Defense would see the benefit of the AR10/SR25/OBR/LMT style rifles. If you're going large frame, why not go with the guy's who make the best rifles?

The "military standard" is SR25/LMT. Why go against that? Simply to be able to use dpms receivers? Why does the 308 AR market continue to regress?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
fanboys
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#19]
never really got the DD hype. other than their rails its just vanilla mil-spec rifles. blah?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe that's because there is not "hype"  They just make great rifles that are robust.  No need for fancy gimmicks or proprietary parts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
never really got the DD hype. other than their rails its just vanilla mil-spec rifles. blah?
View Quote

Same boat here. Love the rails and the fixed sights, everything else.........meh.
Edit, pausing the video at the 25 second mark, while tiny is getting owned by the rifle, shows no flash hider/comp, and the fact that the upper and hand guard are proprietary.
Won't be buying.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back of the receiver looks slant cut like a KAC/Armalite/Mega.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#23]
looks like the recoil is significant
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

DPMS is nothing compared to a DD.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's talking about the pattern for 308 -
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#26]
People's confusion of the phrase DPMS aside. Does anyone other than me hope this is a new G2 pattern 7.62? I have been sitting on the sidelines hoping that DPMS G2 pattern will take off as the new standard for AR308 but so far only DPMS and Adams Arms have jumped on board.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Ever consider it is just a preproduction unit, just used for testing?
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top