Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2015 2:15:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see more dealers stocking these. You might want to have them list you on their dealer link. You weren't listed as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see more dealers stocking these. You might want to have them list you on their dealer link. You weren't listed as of yesterday.
View Quote

Weapon Outfitters is now nestled into our dealers page.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They are good looking mounts.
View Quote

Thanks, Stick!

Please PM me your best email if you'd like to try one out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I cannot say enough good things about this mount.
I love mine. I'll probably pick up a second one soon, as soon as I find another deal on an H1/T1 in the EE.

Side note, I called Aimpoint and they sent out five screws and a wrench for free.
You can use the torx Aimpoint wrench to tighten the wheel - I've found that finger tight is more than enough though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, I have a non-AR project I'm working on in addition to the regular projects where I think the mount might work.  I should have stopped off to see you guys last time I was out at Picatinny.  
View Quote

Next time!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I cannot say enough good things about this mount.
I love mine. I'll probably pick up a second one soon, as soon as I find another deal on an H1/T1 in the EE.

Side note, I called Aimpoint and they sent out five screws and a wrench for free.
You can use the torx Aimpoint wrench to tighten the wheel - I've found that finger tight is more than enough though.
View Quote

Thanks very much. I'm really glad it's working well for you. Finger tight is all you'll ever need, guaranteed.

Aimpoint have great customer service. You can also drop us a line about screws and we'll hook you up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For sure!  I've not been so impressed or psyched about a product like this for a while!

Performance and aesthetics both top tier, and i'm excited about future applications of the technology and design Scalarworks has

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure!  I've not been so impressed or psyched about a product like this for a while!

Performance and aesthetics both top tier, and i'm excited about future applications of the technology and design Scalarworks has

We're psyched to have Low Drag Mounts available through WO!

I posted up an announcement on our FB today. Expect your site to get sluggish because of the increased traffic
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one off the EE and I love it. I was surprised how solidly it locks up when its only finger tight. Now Scalarworks just needs to come out with a cowitness model for the Trijicon RMR. I prefer this to the ADM mounts that I have been using...and I really like ADM mounts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet.

I love my DD because of it's light weight. Looks like I need to get one of these.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got one off the EE and I love it. I was surprised how solidly it locks up when its only finger tight. Now Scalarworks just needs to come out with a cowitness model for the Trijicon RMR. I prefer this to the ADM mounts that I have been using...and I really like ADM mounts.
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words. We have an RMR mount in development. I think you'll be really pleased with it when it's released later this year.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm assuming these will fit any micro optic? Including a PA micro for those of us that aren't Tier 1?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm assuming these will fit any micro optic? Including a PA micro for those of us that aren't Tier 1?
View Quote

I believe PA has a combo with this mount for sale right now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely! Check out the full specs for compatibility: https://scalarworks.com/optic-mounts/ldm-micro/#x-content-band-12

The LDM/Micro is also compatible with the Vortex Sparc II for anyone interested, it just co-witnesses 1mm higher than the rest.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
... We have an RMR mount in development. I think you'll be really pleased with it when it's released later this year.
View Quote

I can't wait for this!  It seems like the only quality options right now are the Larue LT827 and ADM.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for the kind words. We have an RMR mount in development. I think you'll be really pleased with it when it's released later this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear it. The current RMR mounts are nice but a bit porky.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Jerking the Trigger have posted their full Low Drag Mount Review.

They came away impressed by the robustness of such a light weight mount and its ability to hold zero.

Read the full review bellow.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2015/05/26/review-scalarworks-ldm/
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jerking the Trigger have posted their full Low Drag Mount Review.

They came away impressed by the robustness of such a light weight mount and its ability to hold zero.

Read the full review bellow.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2015/05/26/review-scalarworks-ldm/
View Quote

I'm in. I will be getting a Aimpoint M2 package.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#21]
don't drop that badboy
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#22]
How much are these things running?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

$150, worth every penny.
Extremely well engineered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only $149 for either absolute or lower-third co-witness height. Both are in stock and ready to ship at Weapon Outfitters:

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/scalarworks.html
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

$150, worth every penny.
Extremely well engineered.
View Quote

Thank you very much
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#26]
These mounts are great. :)

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Drop dead sexy!  I like 'em!

If I could afford an Aimpoint Micro, I would have one!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#28]
The LDM is also compatible with more affordable optics from Primary Arms, Vortex, and Holosun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That pic isn't bad...  not even a little.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These mounts are great. :)

http://i.imgur.com/ic3wce9.jpg

That pic isn't bad...  not even a little.  

Best desktop background I've had in ages!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Just ordered one.  Trying to keep the weight down on this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Love mine too...
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Sorry, just not seeing the point here. The LaRue LT 660 QD mount is 2.7 ounces, this is 1.3 ounces. 1.4 ounces is really that big a difference? I don't think so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sorry, just not seeing the point here. The LaRue LT 660 QD mount is 2.7 ounces, this is 1.3 ounces. 1.4 ounces is really that big a difference? I don't think so.
View Quote

Some of us prefer it for the "low drag" feature and its low profile. I very rarely remove my optics so I don't prefer the lever. However, thanks for you insightful  berating of a nice product.

Rock on with your Larue. No one has said they you should run out and replace it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Is that the 1/3?

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Is that the 1/3?
View Quote

Yep!

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Some of us prefer it for the "low drag" feature and its low profile. I very rarely remove my optics so I don't prefer the lever. However, thanks for you insightful  berating of a nice product.

Rock on with your Larue. No one has said they you should run out and replace it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Berating? Hardly. Get a grip.

Just don't see the big deal about it, sorry.

I've got a lot of gear on my SBR. A fighting rifle well equipped is going to be a tad on the weighed down side. Just can't see the point in saving 1.4 ounces. I would not want to sacrifice the QD function for any number of reasons.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've got a lot of gear on my SBR. A fighting rifle well equipped is going to be a tad on the weighed down side. Just can't see the point in saving 1.4 ounces. I would not want to sacrifice the QD function for any number of reasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock on brother. I doubt many people are going to run out and dump a perfectly good mount (Larue, Bobro, ADM, Ect.) for 1.4 oz of weight savings. With that being said, the weight savings is welcomed and the wheel QD mount is innovative. It was the perfect mount for my purposes since I didn't have a mount for the H1 I recently ordered. For anyone that is in need of a mount, this one should be considered.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be happy to save 1.4 oz all day on at least 2 of my builds. The mounts look fantastic and ordering. I have no issue ditching my Larue mounts.

Note - I would like to see them come with screws.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I've had my eye on this mount for some time. If/when I decide to take the plunge on the new H2 I'd like to go this route.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Our much anticipated Low Drag Mount Zero-Hold video is live!

Please Share it  and leave a comment if you have any questions.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/QCDCS0zYKZQ
View Quote

Good video, but why not have the dot turned on?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Due to youtube's compression and the way the GoPro balances light, the dot can be hard to make out at sub-HD viewing resolutions. Try either 720P or 1080P and it should be clearer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome GoPro Adapter...you have the 3D file so we can print our own?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. We do plan on releasing the STL file sooner or later. the design needs a few tweaks though. Sign up to our newsletter on the front page of our website to be notified when it's available.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why wasn't the target shown?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're both shown and discussed right here: https://youtu.be/QCDCS0zYKZQ?t=103

If you mean up close; it's because the morning of the shoot I left the nice printed one we had made at the office and we had to improvise one using 3/4" masking tape. It worked, but didn't exactly look professional.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top