The bottom gun is sex
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey stick, is that top one the 2.5x10?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested in this as I've heard good things about Accupoints and ACOGs,  just wondering why the lower magnification ones jump up the price by $200. In my experience,  which is admittedly average, the higher the magnification the higher the price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the one with the horrendous 31 hour battery life, right?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
31 hours is not that bad...

... if it were candle powered.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Its a hunting optic not a tactical scope so 31 hours of dawn/dusk is fine.  Honestly its normal for a CR2032 LED illuminated reticle to have short battery life.  Red dots do better because they can focus the light on one dot.

I dont like the reticle choices, but Im sure its a well made product.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Reticle is etched into the glass correct?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.   I just got mine in.   Interestingly I held it in front of my right eye and the VCOG in front of my left eye (both on 1x) and the AccuPower seemed to have better light gathering.   We'll see how it does on the range.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never understood why they (scope manufacturers) don't run a battery tube lengthwise at the 4 or 8 o'clock position (shooter's perspective) sort of like the Comp M4S for an AA battery instead of a CR2032.  They'd add a ton of battery life and make it easier to get a battery anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I like  - when will they hit the shelves?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never understood why they (scope manufacturers) don't run a battery tube lengthwise at the 4 or 8 o'clock position (shooter's perspective) sort of like the Comp M4S for an AA battery instead of a CR2032.  They'd add a ton of battery life and make it easier to get a battery anywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

until it leaks
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

until it leaks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

until it leaks

CR2032's never leak?  Personally I always use the lithium AA's for anything important.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes.   I just got mine in.   Interestingly I held it in front of my right eye and the VCOG in front of my left eye (both on 1x) and the AccuPower seemed to have better light gathering.   We'll see how it does on the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited.  I found it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#19]
so for about the same price I could buy an accupoint with a 15 year battery life or this with a 31hr battery life. Ill keep my accupoint thank you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Any reviews yet?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so for about the same price I could buy an accupoint with a 15 year battery life or this with a 31hr battery life. Ill keep my accupoint thank you.
View Quote

I have 6 Accupoints....never will I own a scope again that needs batteries
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:20:54 AM EDT
[#22]
not impressed, i would stick with accupoint vs this
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

CR2032's never leak?  Personally I always use the lithium AA's for anything important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

until it leaks

Yep, could have gone with a 14500 and gotten 3-4x the capacity, rechargeable, and never leak.  

Though such a thing would cut into their own Accupoint market.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
yesterdays optic at tomorrow's price...... This gains nothing other than a reticle that is marginal at best. Trijicon is dropping the ball and is falling far behind the times. It is amazing how they even stay in business on the consumer side of things......
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol!  Truth.  That bottom pic is ridiculously sexy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any reviews yet?
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
While it is very hard to pick on something that I have not seen in person, you DO have me thinking about the RS24 1-4x MIL Square assuming it is daylight bright.  I love the weight being only 16.2oz and that its Trijicon Quality.  I would have been SOLD if it was 1-5or6x at near the same weight and since Trijicon is getting the PA ACSS Reticle in the TA31 next year I would love to see that as an option here also.  Better battery life would not hurt either but not a deal breaker.

Definitely something to consider though.  I will just have to wait until I get my hands on one for final judgement.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#28]
^ I read the accupower illum in NOT daylight bright.  Absolute FAIL if true.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
While it is very hard to pick on something that I have not seen in person, you DO have me thinking about the RS24 1-4x MIL Square assuming it is daylight bright.  I love the weight being only 16.2oz and that its Trijicon Quality.  I would have been SOLD if it was 1-5or6x at near the same weight and since Trijicon is getting the PA ACSS Reticle in the TA31 next year I would love to see that as an option here also.  Better battery life would not hurt either but not a deal breaker.

Definitely something to consider though.  I will just have to wait until I get my hands on one for final judgement.
View Quote

trijicon picking up the ACSS reticle? that is a pretty awesome affirmation of its utility and usability. I knew I liked it and have it in multiple
optics for a reason! have it in a fixed 2.5x and 1-6, picking up another in 4-14 for my DMR.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Read from whom?  I've had four to play around with, and all were daylight bright.  Who posted that they weren't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ I read the accupower illum in NOT daylight bright.  Absolute FAIL if true.

Read from whom?  I've had four to play around with, and all were daylight bright.  Who posted that they weren't?

Agreed.  Had mine out in mid day sun yesterday----only had it on 9 and it was plenty bright.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, I saw in the thread "battle of the budget optics a week or two ago Dimitry (I believe) saying it was going to be in the Ta31. I have no forst hand knowledge just parroting what I read.
Quoted:

trijicon picking up the ACSS reticle? that is a pretty awesome affirmation of its utility and usability. I knew I liked it and have it in multiple
optics for a reason! have it in a fixed 2.5x and 1-6, picking up another in 4-14 for my DMR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Wish the standard accupointd had a BDC reticle like the 1-4 Accupower. Conversely, I wish the 1-4 BDC scope was in fact a 1-6
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wish the standard accupointd had a BDC reticle like the 1-4 Accupower. Conversely, I wish the 1-4 BDC scope was in fact a 1-6
View Quote

1-6 ACSS BDC Reticle Accupower under 18oz and they would kill the sub $1000 market.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trijicon has a 1-6 Accupoint coming out or is out has a bdc MOA ret and a mil dot

Also there is a price of about 200.00 difference from the Accupoint and Accupower. With the accupower being less.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Trijicon has a 1-6 Accupoint coming out or is out has a bdc MOA ret and a mil dot

Also there is a price of about 200.00 difference from the Accupoint and Accupower. With the accupower being less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accupoint 1-6x is MSRP $1599, Accupower 1-4x MSRP $899. Also Accupoint is tritium so while no batteries the lamp fades and cost several hundred more to replace in 7-10years. If I was in combat I would want tritium but I am not so a $2 battery a few times a year is fine with me.  This is where the issue of role of the scope and return on $ becomes an issue. Leupold VX-6 1-6 w CM-R2 BDC reticle can be had for just over $1000 and has 6x, BDC, Daylight bright, good glass and only 14.6oz
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Accupoint 1-6x is MSRP $1599, Accupower 1-4x MSRP $899. Also Accupoint is tritium so while no batteries the lamp fades and cost several hundred more to replace in 7-10years. If I was in combat I would want tritium but I am not so a $2 battery a few times a year is fine with me.  This is where the issue of role of the scope and return on $ becomes an issue. Leupold VX-6 1-6 w CM-R2 BDC reticle can be had for just over $1000 and has 6x, BDC, Daylight bright, good glass and only 14.6oz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opps I was going off the price I can get them for and not actual street price... I've seen the 1-6 listed for 1302.00, I'm seriously considering the 4-16 accupower for my grendel that I'm gonna build with a 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but its green only and no BAC. Basically, i want an ACOG reticle in a 1-6 Accupoint scope. oh well. wait and see for now. I was debating selling my 1-4 so I could buy a 1-6, but for now, I think ill stick with my 1-4.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any reviews yet?
View Quote

Yes

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any reviews yet?

Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7TtyfGOSc

Damn that video just made me really want a lever gun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any reviews yet?

Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7TtyfGOSc

Just a fair warning----the Henry review just went live on full30 so don't go there and watch or else you'll really be temped
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#42]
over 60 days
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top