Second rifle in video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9Ll4bsu9k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the demo rifle for the shop's AR Build class built. Boom.

5.76 lbs with a M4 profile barrel. Estimated 5.15 lbs after I get the pencil barrel in.

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11031139_10101430740421602_8077089883797659639_n.jpg?oh=83bbd4d4eadd588fef81d4fa06be5c9d&oe=557BC520

Details on this build?  I'd like to duplicate it.  Very nice.

The same rifle is here:

Second rifle in video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9Ll4bsu9k

Whose's ugly mug is that in there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I finished my 2A build today. Congrats on making some really lightweight and great products.

Build thread here- Link
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I finished my 2A build today. Congrats on making some really lightweight and great products.

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/Burnt%20Bronze%202A/55C6ECF0-D41B-4EF9-8560-8A92F735FE4D.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/Burnt%20Bronze%202A/55C6ECF0-D41B-4EF9-8560-8A92F735FE4D.jpg</a>

Build thread here- Link
View Quote

That is a sexy looking rifle there sir.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Technical Question:

How much clearance is machined into the ID (ID at mounting point obviously) of the rail vs. the OD of the barrel nut?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm ordering one of your sets this week - 2 months ago I had never considered doing a lightweight build.  Now (thanks your wicked new upper / lower sets & your photos, damn you!) I have to have one!

Quick question - what barrel is in this build?  Also, what barrel is in the SBR that you've shown here also (they both appear to be stainless or at least silver toned)?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
the rails certainly look nice, but just curious, why is mlok more expensive? i would think the rectangles were easier to machine than the keymod slots.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted: We are looking at possibly revising that to get the run time the same as the KeyMod...
View Quote

...for the soon to be released set of 10" rails.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Already added to the white board of wants!  
View Quote

Better be behind my 51T mount request gosh darnit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#15]
2-A,
Maybe you missed my question above......

How much clearance is machined into the ID (ID at mounting point obviously) of the rail vs. the OD of the barrel nut?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I did miss it!!!

Sorry bout that.

It's .010 at nominal between the two parts before plating. The Ti Nut will be looser in the rail, where the aluminum nut can be tighter based on how anodizing turned out. Our rail isn't as dependent on the fit between the nut and rail as others are, It's more critical that the face of the receiver be square as that's where the engagement is.

Ryan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2-A,
Maybe you missed my question above......

Thanks

I did miss it!!!

Sorry bout that.

It's .010 at nominal between the two parts before plating. The Ti Nut will be looser in the rail, where the aluminum nut can be tighter based on how anodizing turned out. Our rail isn't as dependent on the fit between the nut and rail as others are, It's more critical that the face of the receiver be square as that's where the engagement is.

Ryan

Thank You!
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
These are poor pics but here is my 12" rail. I opted for the aluminum barrel nut. Weight with al nut and set screws is 7.3oz just like advertised.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Any pictures of a 15" rail on a 20" barrel?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Any pictures with a 12" Rail on a 12.5" bbl?

Pricing seems widely varied thought your vendors, with some coming in above the MSRP from your site. I'll keep looking around...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup I run that combo on my own gun.

12" rail on a 12.5" DD barrel.

Ryanhttp://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0914/1556/products/mpul.JPG?v=1436808804
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pricing seems widely varied thought your vendors, with some coming in above the MSRP from your site. I'll keep looking around...

Awesome. I can't tell from this angle, but how much of the threads/shoulder are exposed outside the rail? I have a a direct thread can that will fit right up to the shoulder.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked up a Balios light set and Ti pins for another .458 build, I love the way it looks. Also wouldn't hate to add a 5/8x24 Ti .458 compensator to it either...

You guys have any idea if you'll be offering a 9 or 10" rail? I've seen a few ask the question but I didn't see a response yet
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Awesome. I can't tell from this angle, but how much of the threads/shoulder are exposed outside the rail? I have a a direct thread can that will fit right up to the shoulder.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I can tell you a 12.5 inch Noveske barrel with the 12" rail, the shoulder lines up exact with the end of the rail. It will make it a pain in the ass to shoot suppressed unless it is a direct thread or you are using a Gemtech extended quickmount with their suppressors

BTW, Call Reds Trading Post in Twin Falls, ID and ask for Larry and get a price. Fantastic service and much knowledge.

Oh Ryan, another Balios Lite here waiting for stamp. Hit me up when your down this way.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you.

You mean exactly? I was hoping for the smallest bit of shoulder peaking out from the rail. I might need to get a small thread spacer...

Quoted:

I can tell you a 12.5 inch Noveske barrel with the 12" rail, the shoulder lines up exact with the end of the rail. It will make it a pain in the ass to shoot suppressed unless it is a direct thread or you are using a Gemtech extended quickmount with their suppressors

BTW, Call Reds Trading Post in Twin Falls, ID and ask for Larry and get a price. Fantastic service and much knowledge.

Oh Ryan, another Balios Lite here waiting for stamp. Hit me up when your down this way.

http://i.imgur.com/aW78fAl.jpg?1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thank you.

You mean exactly? I was hoping for the smallest bit of shoulder peaking out from the rail. I might need to get a small thread spacer...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thank you.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yep, straight edge exact. Are you going to suppress or other?
If you need some quality spacers, IM me. I would be happy to send a pack or two out in an envelope. I have a ton that I will never use.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks again.

Yes, a direct thread can. I may take you up on the spacer, I will only need a sliver to get me past the rail. I'll post up once I have my rail bought and measured.

Much thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know a 10" rail is being designed, or programmed, I saw it on BK's desktop.  I am a little behind out in the shop, but I know it's coming.

As for the exposed threads. It's almost nothing, as in 20-30 thousands that the shoulder is sticking out past the rail. HOWEVER! Every barrel will be different, and it will depend on where the shoulder was turned on the barrel.

Ryan
View Quote

Awesome, I'll be waiting patiently don't be afraid to give us an update so I can beat the rush
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's what I'm after:

A rail with a similar OD as my Form 1 can (1.9") and minimal space between the rail and the direct thread attachment.

ETA: The 2A rail is the best candidate to date.

Yes, it's a monster can and a unique project...

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I will be in the area this weekend, as I am attending Carbine 1 at LMS Defense. However I also have grandma to visit, so not sure how free I will be!  And nice looking build you have going there!

Ryan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I will be in the area this weekend, as I am attending Carbine 1 at LMS Defense. However I also have grandma to visit, so not sure how free I will be!  And nice looking build you have going there!

Ryan

Ah, fantastic. Hope she is well and it is a good visit. I am heading deep into NV for a 5 day poker event here in a few hours and will catch you next time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here's what I'm after:

A rail with a similar OD as my Form 1 can (1.9") and minimal space between the rail and the direct thread attachment.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh623/pmdata/79ebd5aba69aa0dde640b86c82c66af0_zpsuws4bw1k.jpg
View Quote

Have you considered purchasing the 2A rail you like and then have ADCO cut a longer barrel down to match?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know a 10" rail is being designed, or programmed, I saw it on BK's desktop.  I am a little behind out in the shop, but I know it's coming.

As for the exposed threads. It's almost nothing, as in 20-30 thousands that the shoulder is sticking out past the rail. HOWEVER! Every barrel will be different, and it will depend on where the shoulder was turned on the barrel.

Ryan
View Quote

Hey Ryan sorry to be a pain but do you know approximately how long the 10" rail is going to be?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
You know, maybe I should have got a 14.5" mid length and cut it down...

Where were you last month?

Quoted:

Have you considered purchasing the 2A rail you like and then have ADCO cut a longer barrel down to match?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's what I'm after:

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh623/pmdata/79ebd5aba69aa0dde640b86c82c66af0_zpsuws4bw1k.jpg

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan

Hey Ryan sorry to be a pain but do you know approximately how long the 10" rail is going to be?

I just measured my 10.3" DD barrel with my SF Socom on it and from the front of the upper receiver to the beginning of the can it is 9.74". I measured with my calipers three times. This rail will be a great option for those not using a suppressor on a 10.3" to 10.5" barrel but those of us who have cans on these barrel lengths this will be a no go for all of us. Is there anyway that roughly a quarter of an inch can be reduced from the length of this rail before it goes into prototype and full production? I want to see these rails more popular and I imagine there are a lot of us who run cans who won't be able to use it.

Thanks for hearing me out.

ETA: as I was lying in bed about to go asleep (I know I am ridiculous) I realized for the handguard to match up correctly you would have to take it back one pica tinny rail space up top (approx .38") so if you were to scale it back to fit suppressor use it would make your OAL 9.6". I don't even pretend to know how hard or easy it would be to change the design but I honestly do believe you would sell more units of these if you took into consideration the 10.3" barrel and suppressor use crowd.

I'm going to bed now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#39]
What's the OD of these?  Top to bottom/side to side?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Top to bottom 1.998" and side to side 1.565"
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey this is all great info, I will get it to BK and propose a change.

Thanks so much, this is the type of input that helps a lot!

Ryan
View Quote

When can we expect to hear about if this change has been implemented?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It has been done!

BK Updated the model yesterday.

9.6 it is, thank you so much for the input.

Ryan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey this is all great info, I will get it to BK and propose a change.

Thanks so much, this is the type of input that helps a lot!

Ryan

When can we expect to hear about if this change has been implemented?

It has been done!

BK Updated the model yesterday.

9.6 it is, thank you so much for the input.

Ryan

Awesome I am so excited!!!! Thank you for helping out, I greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there an anti rotational feature in this rail? Sorry if I missed it
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey Ryan what is a realistic timeline for the 10" handguard? Christmas?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Honestly, I would say realistic 2.5 months out. We are so far behind on our current product, but starting to get things in order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Ryan what is a realistic timeline for the 10" handguard? Christmas?

Honestly, I would say realistic 2.5 months out. We are so far behind on our current product, but starting to get things in order.

Excellent sounds good. I'll be one of the first ones to buy it.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top