BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2015 3:36:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You really should make some 308 barrels.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice barrel; however, this is not a patented product. The number you provided is the publication number and inventor has been sent a final rejection notice.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the weight on these barrels?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
  • Black Nitrided Hardened for hardness, corrosision resistance, and lubbricity (similar process as Meloniting)

• [/ul]
    View Quote

Corrosion not corrsision. Lubricity has one b.
    Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:14:49 PM EDT
    [#5]
    Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
    Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
  • Black Nitrided Hardened for hardness, corrosision resistance, and lubbricity (similar process as Meloniting)

• [/ul]

Nah man, it's got two b's because that is how slick it is.  One b just doesn't cut it.

Going back on track, what benefits are there from having a smaller gas port?
    Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:19:02 PM EDT
    [#6]
    M4 feedramps?
    Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:59:45 PM EDT
    [#7]
    Having seen some of the results MOA barrels put out, I am really inclined to pick one of yours up these days.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:41:07 PM EDT
    [#8]
    Is that an actual photo of the 14.5 or is it the 13.7 or 12.5? The 14.5's seem to have more barrel beyond the midlength gas system. Is this a different length gas system?
    Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:55:45 PM EDT
    [#9]
    Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:41:48 PM EDT
    [#10]
    Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:07:33 PM EDT
    [#11]
    I have a 12.5 mid version......3100fps federal xm193....virtually no muzzle flip!, The softest shooting AR I have ever seen!
    Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:05:47 AM EDT
    [#12]

Quoted:

I have a 12.5 mid version......3100fps federal xm193....virtually no muzzle flip!, The softest shooting AR I have ever seen!
    View Quote
    Nice. What gas block are you using?

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:44:04 PM EDT
    [#13]
    What accuracy world records did it set?
    Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:37:36 PM EDT
    [#14]
    I don't think those barrels set any, only other barrels with similar rifling.
    Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:28:18 PM EDT
    [#15]
    rough crowd   ha
    Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:56:27 PM EDT
    [#16]
    how much does it weigh?????
    Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:10:32 PM EDT
    [#17]
    1:8's please!!
    Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:02:51 AM EDT
    [#18]
    Vltor...standard non ajustable
    Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:15:53 AM EDT
    [#19]
    Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:39:25 AM EDT
    [#20]
    Still in to see what sort of velocity gains you are seeing with the shorter lengths
    Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:21:19 PM EDT
    [#21]
    Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:54:46 PM EDT
    [#22]
    I too would be interested in weights of the 3 different barrels.  Also, do you have the capabilities to pin a muzzle device on to bring the barrel length up to snuff?
    Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:10:15 PM EDT
    [#23]
    WeaponOutfitters -

In your add you state it has a 5.56 NATO chamber. When I look at it on your site it says "MMOA-14.5-WyldeMidFluted".

What is the chamber?
    Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:30:10 PM EDT
    [#24]
    I wanted to buy one, but not in stock!!!
    Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:05:47 PM EDT
    [#25]
    Anyone else have something that look like crystals around the barrel extension and pin? Could it be salt creep? I googled around for pics but couldn't find any related to barrels specifically. I'm away from my camera that has the pics, but I'll post them tonight or in the A.M.

-Thanks
    Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:28:57 AM EDT
    [#26]
    When are the 12.5 in barrels going to be back in stock.
    Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:17:33 PM EDT
    [#27]

Quoted:
    The specs on these barrels read like a dream sheet
    The barrel extensions are nitrided along with the barrels, and retorqued after nitriding before being pinned in place.
    Sub MOA accuracy with match grade ammo, or your money back!
    View Quote
    I'm interested in this half-poly, half-enfield rifling...but I'm not sure I see why it would be inherently more accurate than full poly or full enfield.  Perhaps you can point me (all of us reading your post) to some discussion or article on the topic?  
    The other side of the coin is the idea of sub-moa accuracy out of a 14.5" barrel in 223W (or 556N or whatever).  It seems such accuracy claims would be more appropriate for a 308W and 6.5CM.  Don't mean to be a troll, honestly.  
    Having said that, if I understood the inherent advantage of this half-poly, half-enfield rifling...I would love to see it in a 24" 6.5CM barrel....esp with the nitride processing (though I'd prefer Melonite QPQ)
    PS.  I think the better practice is to nitride without the bbl extension on.  Or to nitride the bbl and the bbl extension separately, then to pin extension on.  ...or am I mistaken?  I think there was some heavy discussion on this at various places, and there were large complaints of salt drip.  But I could be mistaken.  
    But I can say for sure that there is no real advantage to nitrid'ing the extension....the extension is not exposed to hot gas erosion and rust is simply a non-issue on an extension.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:20:38 AM EDT
    [#28]
    What part of sub-MOA 5.56/.223 is unfamiliar to you, and how does accuracy differ significantly from .308 or 6.5CM?

Extensions aren't pinned on.

Nice sounding barrels. Any word yet on if 13.7" and the BE Meyers Saker will pin up to 16"?
    Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:58:26 AM EDT
    [#29]
    Ok, ordered a new charger, not sure when it'll be here, so for now iPotato pics will have to do till I can get the better ones off my camera.

Regarding this substance, it's "growing", don't even know if it was visible when it first got here, and I looked it over well, now it's even more pronounced than when I took the original pics. And it's hard to tell in these pics, but it's definitely crystalline in nature, they reflect light like crazy.

What's the verdict guys? Is it leftover salt residue? If so, what's the next step?

Thanks
    Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:18:12 PM EDT
    [#30]
    Quoted:
    Ok, ordered a new charger, not sure when it'll be here, so for now iPotato pics will have to do till I can get the better ones off my camera.

Regarding this substance, it's "growing", don't even know if it was visible when it first got here, and I looked it over well, now it's even more pronounced than when I took the original pics. And it's hard to tell in these pics, but it's definitely crystalline in nature, they reflect light like crazy.

http://i.imgur.com/BL3fRH2.jpg

What's the verdict guys? Is it leftover salt residue? If so, what's the next step?

Thanks
    View Quote

The technical name for meloniting is "salt bath carbonitriding."  What you've got there is remnants of the salts associated with the process.  Normally they are rinsed off in water but the rinse water was probably a bit oversaturated.  Simply rinse it with warm water then wipe it dry and you'll be fine.  Might want to keep it off your clothes though because it's usually a caustic salt that is used.
    Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:02:38 PM EDT
    [#31]
    I might have to try one of these out for a new build. I just bought a cheaper barrel I know I'm not gonna be happy with
    Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:17:54 PM EDT
    [#32]
    Barrel weight for the 14.5?

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:47:11 PM EDT
    [#33]
    Quoted:

The technical name for meloniting is "salt bath carbonitriding."  What you've got there is remnants of the salts associated with the process.  Normally they are rinsed off in water but the rinse water was probably a bit oversaturated.  Simply rinse it with warm water then wipe it dry and you'll be fine.  Might want to keep it off your clothes though because it's usually a caustic salt that is used.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/BL3fRH2.jpg

Thanks

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the process, I was 99% sure it was salt bath residue, just wanted a definitive answer as to the best way to "neutralize" the salts to prevent future problems. Thanks for the answer though, and reminder I needed to update the thread.

Should have came back and posted, I talked with Roy, as well as some other folks in the industry before I remembered that Roy's preferred contact method is email. Answer was remove the leftover salts physically first, then saturate with or soak in oil, which I did. Well, actually, I removed them, cleaned best I could, then stuck the barrel extension down in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes. I'm not sure not sure when they'll get any more in, didn't want any problems, it's a keeper that's going on one of my billet receiver sets.

It's been about a week, and there absolutely no residue showing. Now if I can just get some time to assemble everything in the next couple of weeks and get some rounds down range I'll be a happy camper.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:46:16 AM EDT
    [#34]
    anyone shooting with these yet? I'd love to see some groups.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
    Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:07:31 PM EDT
    [#35]
    Any idea if the will make a 20" ? Or at least 18"? Hard to believe M193 could get up too 3100fps from a 14.5" barrel.
    Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:43:41 AM EDT
    [#36]
    Please don't join the masses that call CMV "4150 CMV". 4150 ordinance steel has zero tolerance for vanadium. Once you add vanadium it is no longer 4150, it's just CMV.
    Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:32:24 PM EDT
    [#37]
    Tag
    Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:41:29 PM EDT
    [#38]
    I would still like some verification on the chamber.

I saw this thread when they were in stock and I passed because all I could think of was too bad they did not use a Wylde chamber.

When they were out of stock I noticed the word Wylde in the part number.
    Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:35:25 AM EDT
    [#39]
    Quoted:
    Please don't join the masses that call CMV "4150 CMV". 4150 ordinance steel has zero tolerance for vanadium. Once you add vanadium it is no longer 4150, it's just CMV.
    View Quote

No. Once you add vandium its called Mil-B-11595 barrel steel. Or 4150 cmv if you will. Read more, post less.
    Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:06:10 PM EDT
    [#40]
    Quoted:

No. Once you add vandium its called Mil-B-11595 barrel steel. Or 4150 cmv if you will. Read more, post less.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Mil-B-11595 sounds serious.  
    Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:22:04 PM EDT
    [#41]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Haha....this is gonna be fun. If you weren't such a smart ass I wouldn't embarrass you, so here ya go.
    It's actually MIL-B-11595E
    I have done plenty of reading and it wasn't from a brand's website. There are hundreds of pages of actual MILSPEC if you search. MIL-B-11595E simply refers to less than 2" bar alloys (notice the plural form of alloy) of which there are three types: 4150, resulfurized, and chrome-moly-vanadium. Refer to page 3. If you need anymore direction just ask and happy reading.
    Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:43:47 AM EDT
    [#42]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Not to sure about that.  The guys at AR15 Performance I believe know what they are doing and state this in their barrel specs:

"Steel is 4150 11595-e milspec CMV alloy"  See the "e"??
    Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:44:20 AM EDT
    [#43]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Thank you!
    Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:32:42 AM EDT
    [#44]
    Quoted:

Thank you!
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Thank you!

15er gona 15.
    Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:36:28 AM EDT
    [#45]
    Quoted:

Not to sure about that.  The guys at AR15 Performance I believe know what they are doing and state this in their barrel specs:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

The fact that it is either 4150 or CMV is from a metallurgic standpoint. CMV is without question a part of the 4150 ORD family as shown  in table I on page 3. I'm not claiming any manufacturers ignorance. It's my opinion that manufacturers add 4150 to their description to give under educated customers a warm, fuzzy with the abundance of 4140 barrels on the civilian market. It's just a technicality that bugs me.
    Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:36:11 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:03:34 PM EDT
    [#47]
    Quoted:
    As for the chamber, I specifically asked and they said 5.56 NATO chamber.  I'm pretty sure the "Wylde" part was added by accident by one of the employees so i'm going to fix that ASAP
    View Quote

Its too bad the fix isn't to give it a Wylde chamber. Then the specs would read like a dream sheet.
    Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:13:01 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:20:44 PM EDT
    [#49]
    Quoted:
    You might be interested in the PWS direct impingement barrels, which use the .223 Wylde Chambers.  We stock em as well
    View Quote

Thank you for the suggestion but I am looking for this barrel with the Wylde chamber.
    Page AR-15 » New AR Products
    AR Sponsor: bravocompany
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top