Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2015 11:18:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I see Firearms Ready Solutions is no more, so you've got the market to yourself.  Might fix your title.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the weight of the buffer?

Is the carrier plug available seperate from the kit?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the weight of the buffer?

Is the carrier plug available seperate from the kit?
View Quote

+1

Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys own Systema PTW's don't you? :)

That is exactly how the cylinder locks into the receiver/buffer on the Systema PTW Airsoft gun except for there is a cap with a dimple/hole in it that doesn't move where the flat spot is on the buffer.

Due to the design, there is no play in the upper/lower. I could see this working very well on a real rifle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice to an actual new idea. I might have to try this
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll jump on this once you produce a H2 buffer for this system
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+1 and/or H3
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Now I know what I want for me b-day this month!!  Will be ordering later this month.  :-p
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Any plans on making one compatible with the Valtor A5 system?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 on Vltor A5.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Why bother with a spring loaded ball bearing... The buffer is already spring loaded.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Why bother with a spring loaded ball bearing... The buffer is already spring loaded.

Mike
View Quote

Simultaneously hinders carrier tilt and permits shotgunning the upper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah but lets say the ball bearing wasn't springloaded... the buffer would still move rearward allowing it to lock into place. The spring loaded ball-bearing seems redundant. Why not just machine a hemispherical detent right into the carrier insert.

ETA: maybe its so it'll clear the lower by the receiver extension?

Mike
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Yeah but lets say the ball bearing wasn't springloaded... the buffer would still move rearward allowing it to lock into place. The spring loaded ball-bearing seems redundant. Why not just machine a hemispherical detent right into the carrier insert.

Mike
View Quote

And a spring-loaded hinge on the lower receiver extension boss?  

They're doing it this way, likely b/c there may be a pending patent by the previous manufacturer of this idea, who just put a cap that fit the inside of carriers on the end of buffers.  You couldn't shotgun the upper, but it prevented carrier tilt.  So these guys are doing it backwards, so they clearly don't violate any patents.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah but lets say the ball bearing wasn't springloaded... the buffer would still move rearward allowing it to lock into place. The spring loaded ball-bearing seems redundant. Why not just machine a hemispherical detent right into the carrier insert.

Mike
View Quote

It allows the upper receiver to tilt open from the lower
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

I wish they had a like button. Or you're right button. The only added pressure is the very slight increase caused from the carrier insert not being flat with the back of the carrier. If it is flat with the carrier the spring and the ball will either compress the buffer spring or it will compress and if the dimple is exactly the size of the protruding ball neither will happen and there won't be any pressure increase. No buffer actually comes to rest on the retaining pin or you would see a dent in the buffer face. The length of the carriers and bolt spacing always have buffer spring pressure pushing them forward.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There should be no reason why the insert would not work with the A5 system.  The system does not require the dimpled buffer in order to work, it will just ensure better alignment and function.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms
View Quote

I would have thought the whole point of using this was to "ensure better alignment" of a piston carrier with the receiver extension by creating a self centered link between the buffer and the carrier.  Isnt that the reason why we need to buy this for our Piston "AR's" is to prevent carrier tilt by creating a better alignment?  Otherwise why did you guys bother to make a buffer in the first place if it would work without it?  You had me thinking about it until you are backing out on your marketing strategy.  

Respectfully, a better answer would have been - Not at this time, however we will consider it if enough people show an interest. -or- We are working on that right now and hope to have an option soon. -or even- Due to patent on the A5 we cant.... But not that half of what I am trying to sell you really isnt as important as you thought it was.  

Not saying that its a bad product in any way.  I have never used it to draw any conclusion.  And in theory I can see where you are going with this and actually like the idea.  I just dont think telling me that I can use half the system is a good answer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice to an actual new idea. I might have to try this
View Quote

^this. It's interesting to see something fresh and original. Not the same ol products V2.0
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would have thought the whole point of using this was to "ensure better alignment" of a piston carrier with the receiver extension by creating a self centered link between the buffer and the carrier.  Isnt that the reason why we need to buy this for our Piston "AR's" is to prevent carrier tilt by creating a better alignment?  Otherwise why did you guys bother to make a buffer in the first place if it would work without it?  You had me thinking about it until you are backing out on your marketing strategy.  
Respectfully, a better answer would have been - Not at this time, however we will consider it if enough people show an interest. -or- We are working on that right now and hope to have an option soon. -or even- Due to patent on the A5 we cant.... But not that half of what I am trying to sell you really isnt as important as you thought it was.  
Not saying that its a bad product in any way.  I have never used it to draw any conclusion.  And in theory I can see where you are going with this and actually like the idea.  I just dont think telling me that I can use half the system is a good answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There should be no reason why the insert would not work with the A5 system.  The system does not require the dimpled buffer in order to work, it will just ensure better alignment and function.
Thanks, Mike

DS Arms

I believe the insert is supposed to apply forward pressure on the BCG (taken from their ads posted above), and that would still happen without a dimpled buffer (even more so without a dimple I would assume), but it would not self-center

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#24]
nice gun....
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  In order for the best and most optimized performance of the Bufferloc it SHOULD be used in conjunction with our dimpled buffer, the greatest feature is the alignment.  However the insert will act against a standard buffer for many of the additional features it provides.

When we set out with this our goal was simple, to create an almost 100% backwards compatible upgrade for the rifle but that could also be used with the end users existing buffer should they choose.  There are way to many buffer options and weights in the market and many people have preferences, and we fully admit that should you not want to give up your Spikes T2 you do not have to in order to use this upgrade.  I do not think it is a detriment to our marketability that you can use this upgrade with or without our buffer.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms
View Quote

I guess my question is what does your upgrade do if one doesn't use your buffer?  Provide you profit?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#27]
why not make the buffer the male detent and the BCG insert the female detent and then you wouldnt need to spring load anything?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#28]
+1 for the Vltor A5.

Or.... Why not make/sell a jig so people could put their own detent in their preferred buffer? Would be pretty simple I think. A cylinder/cup shape with a small hole in the center. Slide your buffer into the large end, lock the whole thing in a vise, then supply a rounded head drill bit with a shelf on it. (The shelf would hit the face of the jig and be used to stop the drill from going too far into the face of the buffer)

This way you wouldn't have to worry about all the different buffers/weights/etc.

Give me an A5 Buffer or a jig and I'd buy one in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
why not make the buffer the male detent and the BCG insert the female detent and then you wouldnt need to spring load anything?
View Quote

Its been done and with this configuration you can't just push the detent pin on the upper and lower to get to the bcg, etc....you have to remove both detent pins and separate the lower and upper to separate lower/upper completely to get to the bcg, etc.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
+1 for the Vltor A5.

Or.... Why not make/sell a jig so people could put their own detent in their preferred buffer? Would be pretty simple I think. A cylinder/cup shape with a small hole in the center. Slide your buffer into the large end, lock the whole thing in a vise, then supply a rounded head drill bit with a shelf on it. (The shelf would hit the face of the jig and be used to stop the drill from going too far into the face of the buffer)

This way you wouldn't have to worry about all the different buffers/weights/etc.

View Quote

Yes!  Make a jig so I can share it with friends and none of us have to buy any of your buffers!  Uhg.. who wants to go through all that work to make stuff and sell them.  Great idea for a business!
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I guess my question is what does your upgrade do if one doesn't use your buffer?  Provide you profit?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  In order for the best and most optimized performance of the Bufferloc it SHOULD be used in conjunction with our dimpled buffer, the greatest feature is the alignment.  However the insert will act against a standard buffer for many of the additional features it provides.

When we set out with this our goal was simple, to create an almost 100% backwards compatible upgrade for the rifle but that could also be used with the end users existing buffer should they choose.  There are way to many buffer options and weights in the market and many people have preferences, and we fully admit that should you not want to give up your Spikes T2 you do not have to in order to use this upgrade.  I do not think it is a detriment to our marketability that you can use this upgrade with or without our buffer.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms

Capitalist pigs, aint they?  Lenin would not approve..
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just drive out the pin and refill their buffer with your H2 weights
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some of the features it has while not used in conjunction with the dimpled buffer include:

*Allows the rifle to be opened without flopping open and hitting your body or banging against a hard surface and marring your rifles finish.

*Keeps constant extra pressure on the bolt group ensuring better bolt lock for enhanced reliability especially under fouled and dirty rifle conditions.

*Lowers the chance of bolt bounce due to the constant forward pressure on the bolt group, providing enhanced reliability.

*Improves the fit and tightness between the upper and lower receivers.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I guess my question is what does your upgrade do if one doesn't use your buffer?  Provide you profit?  

Some of the features it has while not used in conjunction with the dimpled buffer include:

*Allows the rifle to be opened without flopping open and hitting your body or banging against a hard surface and marring your rifles finish.

*Keeps constant extra pressure on the bolt group ensuring better bolt lock for enhanced reliability especially under fouled and dirty rifle conditions.

*Lowers the chance of bolt bounce due to the constant forward pressure on the bolt group, providing enhanced reliability.

*Improves the fit and tightness between the upper and lower receivers.

Thanks, Mike
DS Arms

Ok, fair enough.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Depending on a few things it would not be hard to put a dimple on an A5 buffer.  How big does the dimple need to be?  How Deep?  Also what is the weight of the insert in the BCG?  I might be interested in buying the BCG half and getting a second lighter buffer from Vltor and throw it in a lathe so the dimple is centered.  I would want to check with Vltor to see if the feel this would cause a problem or not with their system.

EDIT:  Vltor has 2 lighter buffers than standard.  ESTIMATE  -.8oz and -1.5oz lighter than the standard 5.33oz
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#36]
It's always amazing to me how many mechanical engineers there are on these boards.  I guess I just wonder why instead of using your brilliance to create new and innovative products, you choose to cut other peoples good ideas down.  *sigh* I'll never understand the mind of a genius, I suppose.  

I like this idea.  I'm gonna give it a shot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#37]
MAKE IT WITH AN H2 BUFFER - OR BETTER YET  - IN ALL WEIGHT BUFFERS SO WHEN YOUR RIFLE IS SORTED OUT YOU JUST MATCH THE WEIGHT BUFFER YOU ARE USING & START USING THE  SYSTEM - I WOULD GET IT IF I COULD MATCH MY BUFFER WEIGHT
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#38]
What issues are you guys having that requires this "fix"?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  What issues are you guys having that requires this "fix"?
View Quote

Pistons causing carrier tilt, which causes wear on the upper.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:39:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]
this might fix my misdrilled buffer retainer spring hole

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
+1 for the Vltor A5.

View Quote

This is something you should offer, you'd lock the market for those that want to use the heavier buffers, and for those that want to use regular one's you could lock up their business. This would be a sound business model if you'd take the time to put it in production, it's actually not that difficult.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is something you should offer, you'd lock the market for those that want to use the heavier buffers, and for those that want to use regular one's you could lock up their business. This would be a sound business model if you'd take the time to put it in production, it's actually not that difficult.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for the Vltor A5.

+1 for jig I think its a good idea
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Looks like a great product.
And the price is right!

I f-ing hate carrier tilt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#45]
When I designed this is started as a fix for carrier tilt in both DI and piston ar types, but the added benefits discovered and designed are much more....

Reduced friction wear in the upper
More consistent ejection pattern
Internal forward assisting for fouled conditions
Controlled take down (your upper will not just flop open and damage rail handguards and your lower; with the bufferloc its now smooth easy pop )
Can decrease upper and lower receiver wobble
Backwards compatible and non evasive meaning if you lose the carrier insert your rifle can be shot fine
Customizable due to standard ball bearing size, you could use a tunsten ball, lightweight aluminum ball heavy or lighter springs.....

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:43:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Hmmm... I've spent $40/$50 without even blinking, along with just about every gun owner I know. For something that actually might work, and to support an American Idea and American Product? I'm all about that. And like I said, it jist might work, if not, come on here and hollwr about it so we all know and I bet the dudes will STILL be cool enough to help you with problems. One immediate benefit I see is that it pushes the carrier off the buffer ever so slightly, for those guys who have had a problem with the buffer detent getting hit by the buffer. I understand that if this is happening you have other problems to address, but the cheap will be cheap.

Nice to see a new idea at least, props to you guys. I will be picking one up to check out in the coming weeks. :)
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#47]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#48]
over 60 days
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top