BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 9:32:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
About time! Congrats! I wish you were around when I was building my Lego lights from the very costly Surefire brand bodies!

Any chance of a 2-cell version in the near future?

For those of you looking to build a relatively inexpensive Lego light like mine, I offer you;

1.  Find your best price on a Surefire Z68 tail cap  ($25-$30 brand-new)
2.  Get yourself an E-to-C adapter that converts Scout bodies to accept P60-sized bezels.  American version ($32)  Or keep your eye out for the Chinese version ($20) made by Vital Gear (they sell out quickly)
3.  Add a P60-sized bezel. I prefer the SolarForce L2P because of the matching Type III hard anodize ($6).  You might also have a spare Surefire 6P or 9P bezel kicking around
4.  Get yourself a weapons-grade LED from Nailbender. His P60 / Cree XP-G2 AA .8v-3volt version is perfect for this body, and puts out 300 lumens for close to 60 minutes on 1xCR123  ($35)

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear since IWC is dragging.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About time! Congrats! I wish you were around when I was building my Lego lights from the very costly Surefire brand bodies!

Any chance of a 2-cell version in the near future?

View Quote

Yes, a 2-cell version is coming. :)
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have or are you going to have screws to attach the newly built lights to mounts?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yeah!!! Need to pick one up ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you have or are you going to have screws to attach the newly built lights to mounts?
View Quote

These bodies use the exact same screws as an OEM Surefire body, 8-32 thread. Screws are not included with the light body because the mount dictates the screw type. For instance, the Arisaka Inline Scout Mount uses low-profile cap screws, whereas something like the Gear Sector mount requires flat head screws of a different length.

Every aftermarket Scout mount worth owning should include the proper screws.

Here's some light overkill for everyone to enjoy:
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
These bodies use the exact same screws as an OEM Surefire body, 8-32 thread. Screws are not included with the light body because the mount dictates the screw type. For instance, the Arisaka Inline Scout Mount uses low-profile cap screws, whereas something like the Gear Sector mount requires flat head screws of a different length.

http://i.imgur.com/FAOxV0D.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/FAOxV0D.jpg
Any pictures of your m300 body/inline mount setup with a DD fixed front sight? google is failing me this morning

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Any pictures of your m300 body/inline mount setup with a DD fixed front sight? google is failing me this morning  
View Quote

I don't have any pictures but I have tested the fit and it works fine. The DD front sight doesn't stick out much at all, so there's plenty of clearance with our inline mount and light body.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda hard for me to understand building your own when you can pick up a mini scout that comes with a tape switch for around $200.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't have any pictures but I have tested the fit and it works fine. The DD front sight doesn't stick out much at all, so there's plenty of clearance with our inline mount and light body.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Any pictures of your m300 body/inline mount setup with a DD fixed front sight? google is failing me this morning  

Cool, much appreciated!

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kinda hard for me to understand building your own when you can pick up a mini scout that comes with a tape switch for around $200.
View Quote

Because some people like to build their own light setups, and end up switching out tail caps and head assemblies anyway...

Plus the Arisaka body's base is a much slimmer profile.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Because some people like to build their own light setups, and end up switching out tail caps and head assemblies anyway...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, and cheaper to build if you use a Malkoff head with Arisaka's M300 body and the SF clicky tail cap

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This, and cheaper to build if you use a Malkoff head with Arisaka's M300 body and the SF clicky tail cap  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This seems to be the only instances where it's cheaper.
Throw in the tape and you're over what a surefire costs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe so, but the point is that you can get the exact setup you want.

Slippers, I just rec'd my light body from the post man. This thing looks great! My inline mount will be here tomorrow - can't wait to see how this setup works!

ETA: pics - works great with DD front sight!

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Angle Mount!

vdmsr.blogspot.com
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you know if they have any plans to do a Tan, Flat Dark Earth or Dark Earth model?

*Update*

Just got an email back from Arisaka, no plans on an FDE model at this time.

Hey Weapons Outfitters you guys should send out a batch and have them Cerakoted FDE, I would pay extra to get one Cerakoted FDE right from you guys, avoiding having to send it out and wait a month to get it back! :)

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where can you pick up a M300 for around $200?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#20]
2 cell bodies and tail caps coming soon. These are tumbled, prior to going off to anodizing.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eBay.
$240 shipped for an M300ABK with tape and push cap.
I've seen em cheaper though.
The tape switch alone is $100 - from surefire.

But yeah slightly off-topic I guess.

It obviously comes out way cheaper to build your own if you don't plan to build one with a tape switch, just with a click tail cap.
I'll probably build one eventually just for fun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#23]
You got my attention.

I already have an M300, but the 2-cell body would look great as an unprade to the bulky M951 I have on my M4 upper.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, where i see the greatest potential is

1.  Every Surefire Scout package comes with the tail switch end as well as the clicker tail cap.
2.  Aftermarket heads from Malkoff are inexpensive.  

Asked Malkoff for a dealer account:  no dice, they are struggling to keep up as is!
View Quote

I picked up a mini scout, and now have a left over clicky.
Get the bodies back in-stock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Can't wait for the two cell body

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Roy should have some soon!

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Any updates on when these might be available?  Either 1- or 2-battery model.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks to be selling now  http://arisakadefense.com/collections/light-mounts

I like my 1-cell so much, Im now thinking of building a 2-cell as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

How do the Malkoff lights work?  I have one of their P61 modules and it has a rather wide throw.  More of a flood than a spot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How do the Malkoff lights work?  I have one of their P61 modules and it has a rather wide throw.  More of a flood than a spot.
View Quote

The Malkoff scout heads have slightly more spill than the surefire scout KE1/KE2 heads. There's still a very bright center, but the transition is smoother, unlike the surefire heads that are very abrupt from hot center to almost no spill.

If you want maximum throw, the surefire heads have more (except for the fury head, that is almost all spill).
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:00:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top