Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Price?

Disregard. Saw it on your link
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
First match with the competition Bolt group installed.  The rifle certainly recoils less than it did before.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested if the low mass carrier would be efficient with a 300 blk 16 inch barrel carbine gas system subsonic unsuppressed and then simply switch mags to see if it has nay feeding issues with super sonic loads.

Plus a 8.5 inch 300blk subsonic unsuppressed and then supers.

and then with the suppressor on.

But since you have already sent the 2 out I will hope someone tries it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Edit: oops, nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone shoot one of these and care to talk about it? I just saw the lightweight version at my LGS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have just over 1,000 rounds on mine.

No cycling issues with everything from Wolf to XM193 and M855.

Cleans very easy.

Noticeably less sight picture disruption when shooting.  IIRC the weight difference is around 2oz for the competition carrier and it does make a difference.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cleans very easy.

Noticeably less sight picture disruption when shooting.  IIRC the weight difference is around 2oz for the competition carrier and it does make a difference.
View Quote

What causes/changes the recoil characteristics, the weight?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cleans very easy.

Less reciprocating mass = less movement
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cleans very easy.

But isn't that mass moving much faster making it snappier? Or is that not noticeable. Just curious thanks. Your video showed pretty much no recoil with the ar15.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But isn't that mass moving much faster making it snappier? Or is that not noticeable. Just curious thanks. Your video showed pretty much no recoil with the ar15.
View Quote

Not really because it's coming straight back.  Not a physicist, but I believe that it moves less because the center of gravity of the gun is changing less.

Here's another one:
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Not really because it's coming straight back.  Not a physicist, but I believe that it moves less because the center of gravity of the gun is changing less.
View Quote

So what does it take to run a lightweight bcg? Adjustable gas block, lightweight bcg and a buffer designed for a lightweight setup? Thanks for all the info I'll have to do some research on this after this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So what does it take to run a lightweight bcg? Adjustable gas block, lightweight bcg and a buffer designed for a lightweight setup? Thanks for all the info I'll have to do some research on this after this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not really because it's coming straight back. Not a physicist, but I believe that it moves less because the center of gravity of the gun is changing less.

That varries from gun to gun.  Generally, for the most felt recoil reduction you need to reduce gas pressure.

I have a bump gun that has a rifle gas dissipator barrel.  I use a low mass carrier on it to cycle wolff/tulammo and keep my bolt velocity up to prevent failures when operating at 1,000rpm.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info guys. Are there any negative side effects from decreasing the gas?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
If you go too low it short strokes.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody know how to get ahold of voodoo? Tried emailing them about some warranty issue and I'm not getting a response thru the message system on their website.

Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cleans very easy.

The AR "system" is designed for a specific reciprocating mass. A LW bolt carrier just causes you to compensate elsewhere (lighter spring, heavier buffer, reduced pressure gas block, etc. You're not really changing anything (as far as the overall system), you're just moving different "loads" to different parts. It's simple physics (and the same situation that auto racers deal with).
For AR's, you can "tune" a typical system to run quick and light... but using a LW carrier is kind of "why?"... since you are just moving the load to other parts (and how much of that is actually usable? Are you a faster shooter than the cyclic rate of the AR? If not then why?). But I guess that defeats the "but I have THIS"  mentality among racers/competitors/gunners.
I know, I've been there. I used to street race auto. For every modification, it's like chasing your tail compensating for it somewhere else, when in reality... it's not much (if at all) better than a well tuned stocker. To each their own. YMMV.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I have to disagree here. The AR system was designed (and brilliantly so) many many years ago based on the materials available at that time and for a specific purpose. Its undergone several changes since then, which have been deemed an improvement. Times change and there is still room for improvement.

Regarding the LMOS, it absolutely produces a noticeable effect and more so than increasing the cyclic rate. When lightening the carrier and spring tension, the gas system must be adjusted also. You wont see improvement without it. The reduced weight/mass does allow for less felt recoil, and the reduced gas ensures you arent battering the shit out of the entire system. A proper LMOS coupled with an effective brake will produce a far flatter/softer shooting gun, allowing the shooter to get multiple hits on target quicker. More so than just an effective brake alone.

I have quite a few ARs, and two of them have a nicely tuned LMOS. Its very apparent to me and anyone else switching from a standard system to a 'race gun' just how much a difference it makes. Watching them pause after that first triggger pull  and look at the gun like -What just happened? I heard a noise but...- is pretty fun.

If possible take the pepsi challenge with a proper system if you havent already. The results are pretty clear. Of course it costs money to install in your gun but only the shooter can decide if its worth it. For my competition guns, it certainly is.

My.02
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Im not suggesting that all ARs should be built in a LMOS format to gamer specs. Nor do many people in this thread carry their ARs in the field for weeks at a time. And if youll recall, there were a few hiccups in the design process leading to improvements and variations of the AR. I pointed out that there is in fact a reason to make changes to gun if you are looking for a specific result, and it does in fact produce results. The person who asked the question probably wont be dealing with the kind of conditions that will cause a Mil-spec rifle to fail (and they do fail as Im sure you know).

I was trying to point out that its more than simply changing out his carrier to a lighter version and cracking on. Its very possible to make a very reliable gun with the parts I mentioned, but to dismiss any improvements or variations out of hand because it wasnt part of the original design seems a bit shortsighted to me. Those types of guns are built for a specific purpose, and they are very good at what they are intended for.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to enter.  

I would like to test this carrier with several suppressors and different barrel lengths.  I'd even throw it in our M16 to see how it does full auto.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Youre prob going to need to reduce your gas with that suppressor if youre going to run it for any length of time. A lightweight carrier isnt drop in, for the most part. Its part of an operating system. Without gas reduction I think you are going to batter your internals. If you dont mind doing that, and just want to test it for shits and giggles, thats pretty cool. Id be real interested in your results especially if you run it to failure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#23]
over 60 days
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top