Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2014 6:24:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be happy to test one of these out for you, probably be able to get about 1-2,00 rounds done by the end of January by a multitude of users.
I am an Instructor and we requal guys (and some women) on a regular basis. I could also ask the shooters to put in their two cents about their opinions as well.
Colt 14.7" semi auto although I could slide one in one of our select fire rifles as well.

ETA: I will only be able test 62 gr ammunition on that scale, its our issue, but I could provide smaller samples of other weights from my personal stock if you want that info as well.
I could use it in a .300 BO if you want.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a LE Firearms Instructor and have access to multiple variations of ar15 platforms including suppressed and full auto configurations. I would love to test this carrier in platforms from 7.5" on up. I will be able to test this carrier with 55, 62, and 77 gr ammo in various situations. I have always been interested in the life coat finish, but have yet to try one. This carrier will be put through the ringer and I will post a solid comprehensive review with good pics.

Thanks,

Ted

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd test one out for you...
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be happy to try one out. I have a 300 Blackout 11.25in upper. I have to give credit where it's due, that is a genius idea. I don't have access to full autos, but I do have a can for the blackout. Just a guy trying to get into the industry. Most people just don't know the obsession.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
AA Piston thoroughbred here. I've always hated the idea of a 2 piece carrier (one more reason to go piston) and have wondered why nobody has figured out how to do this, then low and behold, there it is!

I would test one out by putting it in my AA piston upper, and then write a terrible review about how it required modification to fit and did not work and caused damage to my OP Rod. Probably not the best candidate here.

Great idea though, if I ever do build a DI upper, I'll definitely be putting one of these in it.

NiB...
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be happy to test one out and review my experience. I have several AR's I can try it in... One 5.56, one 223 Wylde, a 6.8 spc II and a six8....it could be used in any one or all at your preference....Btw my six8 is a DI rifle... I bought a six8 DI reciever set from the 6.8 forums group buy. Also all of my rifles have adjustable gas blocks.... I mention this as I think it's pointless to use a low mass carrier without an adjustable gas block.... It defeats the purpose and doesn't allow the carrier to work as designed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I will throw my hat in here.

I've been an instructor for a local MFG and been building AR15s and AR10s since 2009.

I like monolithic carriers and this idea is an excellent one.

I will test it on my KAC SR15 (appropriately moving the E3 parts over), several one-off builds involving my SBRs and rifles using Noveske, White Oak Armament, Compass Lake, Daniel Defense, and Smith and Wesson barrels.

The rifles will be using carbine extensions with standard buffer assemblies, the VLTOR A5, and JP silent springs.

Most guns will be shot using AE 855 62gr unless they are 300BLK and then they'll be tested with 110, 208, and 220gr loads.  All subsonic loads will be suppressed.

If I'm lucky enough to be chosen, I will do my best to break this carrier. I might even ask my boss to loan me his M16 for several mags worth.

Thank you all and God bless
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy to test with a variety of AR platforms (SBR, FA, and .300BLK).

Looks like a very interesting design.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Former Class III Dealer
Certified American Class 3 Association Range Officer
Decades of testing & experience with running Lightweight Bolt Carriers starting with a Smith Enterprises Aluminum carrier in the EARLY Eighties.

Some of the carriers I run & have tested (thousands of rounds)

J.P. Enterprises LMOS

Progressive Machine & Tool Titanium

Smith Enterprises Aluminum

I would run it through the same torture tests I've used over the years....

Running it dry, lightly lubed, heavily lubed
Different action spring rates
Different Weight Buffers
Different ammunition, brands, bullet weights, pressures (.223 & 5.56)
Different gas port sizes

I don't think you will find anyone with more legacy experience on lightweight carriers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a amateur 3gun competitor who is trying to get a new rifle for next years season. I guarantee I can torture this carrier as I shoot In matches as often as I can.

I also have fellow 3gun friends who I would let try it out to help spread the word.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
In for testing.

Happy to test it in Alaskan cold weather, in overgassed short barreled, suppressed uppers.

I have an adjustable gas block, so I can certainly test the low mass as well.

I am as far from Florida as the OP can get, so we should definitely test this on both corners of our continent!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I intend to test it on a 10.5" SBR and a 16" length upper then broadcast to the world on
www.theloadoutroom.com ... How's that

Oh and will test in alaska , then drop it in a registered FA lower and blaze away
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, shit.  Can I watch, at least?

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I would mag dump with joy!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#15]
The BCG would be used in real world law enforcement/SWAT- activity/training. Im a certified armorer, having the knowledge and experience to examine the BCG thoroughly.

I have multiple setup's in rifles ranging from SBR's to rifle length gas systems, along with countless different other variables in ammunition and parts that would allow the part to be tested.

*Testing durability

*Cover possible weakness and strengths

*Cleaning and fowling considerations

*Specification comparisons

*Accuracy comparisons

*Use multi media to bring the information forward for an easy read

among others

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:01:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, shit.  Can I watch, at least?

View Quote

of course, you can even shoot it with us
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Would not mind giving it a go.

Would use the carrier in (3) gas systems using two calibers, firing a variety of handloads and factory ammo.

5.56-  car, mid and rifle.
6.8- mid and rifle.

Maybe some review guidelines you would like?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I could provide dependable data and trusted opinions about how well these BCGs hold up to controlled storage.  They would stay in a safe 99% of the time and be shot approximately 2 times over the course of 12 months.  They would be subjected to approximately 90 rounds of Wolf ammo while slow firing at an indoor range.

Let me know.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
put it in a shiny rifle in my safe, covered in protective cloth
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll give it ago, if you'd like. I can take it out in the Mohave and get it coated in salty sand/moon dust, and shoot it a bunch. Can test it in a 14.5" midlength, a 10.3" SBR, and whatever weird combo of guns my friends have.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll give it ago, if you'd like. I can take it out in the Mohave and get it coated in salty sand/moon dust, and shoot it a bunch. Can test it in a 14.5" midlength, a 10.3" SBR, and whatever weird combo of guns my friends have.
View Quote

I thought you had died?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
How shall I test the product?

I'll shoot the piss out of my rifle with your carrier, that's how I shall use it.

I shoot often, very often.

Went shooting today, actually. Will be going tomorrow as well. What can I say, I live a charmed life.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Well it's -10 today in 'sconsin. Wonder how that carrier will hold up to several magazines worth of 556 out of a 7.5 pistol or 16" 300blk.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Why not throw my hat in the ring.

I'd be interested in trying and testing one out.

I'm an avid shooter who already does testing with various products out there. Most recently the new Larue Trigger. I shoot both precision long range (Currently hold the top spot in the MOA all day challenge here on AR15.com) and up close through SBR's. I'd very much like to give it a good testing through all of the possible scenarios and rifle combinations out there.

I've got past gunsmithing experience, military time putting guns through rigorous testing and abuse as well as extensive time training on lots of various weapon systems, and a good amount of time to really T&E products in a reasonable amount of time.

Aside from that experience, I also like to put parts through their paces with a 6 and 10 year old. My girlfriends kids who I like to let help with torture tests. (Check out the ETS Magazine threads! )

Long story short? I'd love to help out by using the bcg in a variety of different scenarios. Including pictures and logging.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I would like to enter:

I have newly built, never fired, Voodoo Ultra Lite 16.5" rifle length unit. A matching low mass BCG would compliment the build and allow me to review both Voodoo parts together. Potentially, creating the softest shooting DI gun (coupled with a Lantac Dragon) that would make a great representation to the 3-gun guy all the way down to the recreational user.

I would create a video showing its shooting ability and provide that video to AA.  There is not a video yet created regarding the Voodoo UltraLite 16.5 Rifle Gas besides the AA C.O.R

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#26]
These things are awesome. I have the Standard low mass carrier from you guys. With my tubb flatwire spring, 1oz buffer tube, AAC Muzzle brake, Adjustable gas block, this thing shoots like a dream. .22 status.

The recoil is so light. And you can feel the whole gun cycling slower. It's way better to regulate gas than to add heavy buffers:

lower weight
less recoil
less carbon build up
Less heat
Less wear

This carrier is the cherry on top.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a regular guy with limited funds with a 16" middy that I am wanting to try a LW carrier in. Have been looking at these but haven't been able to swing one yet.

Will test it with my adj. gas block, carbine buffer/spring and a JP captured spring, with a plethora of factory and handloaded ammo.

Will shoot local tactical and 2-gun matches and it will get a lot of use. Also shoot very often at local ranges.

Can't compare to the pros I am afraid, but I am very active in the local shooting community (a big one here), both real and online, and a passionate shooter with a taste for nice gear, but a realistic budget.

You should totally throw me one of these, if nothing else but for the good karma, as my girlfriend wins everything and rubs it in my face constantly!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]
How fortuitous...

I'm a freelancer writer for Recoil Magazine, I run my own blog www.SinistralRifleman.com, and I'm a firearms instructor specializing in beginner to intermediate level competition oriented training.

This happened on my first stage at the last major match I shot.

Video:
Video

To test it, I'll put it back in the same upper that that BCG failed in.  I will use it in any AR15 rifles I shoot for the next 6 months including rifles to be used at local and national level matches.  If it works I will have POV video of it working for the duration, if not I'll get it on video too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
How in the world did you drill the hole for the gas key?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How in the world did you drill the hole for the gas key?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would be happy to test one of these out for you, probably be able to get about 1-2,00 rounds done by the end of January by a multitude of users.
I am an Instructor and we requal guys (and some women) on a regular basis. I could also ask the shooters to put in their two cents about their opinions as well.
Colt 14.7" semi auto although I could slide one in one of our select fire rifles as well.

ETA: I will only be able test 62 gr ammunition on that scale, its our issue, but I could provide smaller samples of other weights from my personal stock if you want that info as well.
I could use it in a .300 BO if you want.
View Quote

I will mill this scope for use with a lightning link and attempt to wear it out on auto.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I thought you had died?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you had died?

Not yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Looking forward to trying this out!
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I, for one, am not really interested in testing it. My rifles are either rifle or intermediate gas and relatively easy on the carriers so I may not be the best person to test it's durability. However I am interested in buying one. I'm a sucker for new technology and was looking at a crytic BCG as my next carrier, however this may change my mind. Did I read right in that this carrier is forged? I too am interested to see how the gas hole was drilled.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I would love to test one of the lightweight bolt carriers for this season's competition matches.  My intent is to hit this season hard and beat my scores from last season. I compete in 3-gun, USCA 2-gun and precision sniper competitions, and am NOT just a fair weather shooter.... I'm still out there practicing and competing if it's raining, snowing, or blowing dust.  I'm a former USPSA multi-state pistol champion, and NRA High Power Rifle Distinguished High Master.  I’m also a mechanical engineer who works in military flight test (test & evaluation).

I feel the target market for the lightweight bolt carrier is people like me who compete, but are looking to up our game and gain a competitive edge.  As such testing would initially focus on a qualitative evaluation; for instance, how do the sights track with this carrier as compared to a heavier carrier, is there less muzzle rise and how does the recoil feel.  I would then move on to more measureable data: have my splits times decreased at close and far targets, how much was I able to turn my adjustable gas block down.  This data would give me a good indication as to whether or not scores are likely to increase from simply using this carrier.

I would then want to stress the bolt carrier as much as possible by hitting the extremes of the operating environment to test the durability of the integral gas key, lightening and the LifeCoat.  To do this I would develop a matrix of test variables (caliber, rate of fire, lubrication/cleaning, buffer & buffer spring weight, gas settings, ammunition, temperature) and attempt to hit as many of those extremes as possible, while still running the carrier in 3-gun and precision training & competition.

Lastly, as everyone knows, you need to look good while competing, so I would take many pictures to show just how sexy this bolt carrier really is.

While my primary test firearms would be my 223 (3-gun) and 6.5 Grendel (precision sniper competition), I also want to try this carrier in my 300 Blackout (hunting) and 14.5” 223 (defensive) guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll test it hillbilly style.

Throw it mud. Drag behind my truck, in the mud, in dirt, through a swamp, down the street.

Then I'll throw it out of blinds, let it slide out of the bed, let it rattle around in the bed with empty beer cans and whiskey bottles.

I'll even throw weird shit into the mix like flour, saw dust, metal dust, maple syrup, honey, other sticky substances.

I'll do all this without cleaning and for a total of 2500rds between the two. One in a rifle length setup, the other in a carbine.

I will record everything on video, from initial unboxing to the final cleaning after all is said and done.

If you choose me, i will show no mercy and do whatever i need to make this bolt fail or break. I will purposefully abuse the hell out of my guns and try my hardest to break them if you give me a shot.

I'll use the wife to make the writeup presentable.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll test one for you. I have two AR's, a midlength and rifle.  I also have access to my brothers 12.5" with suppressor.  I can do videos and/or pics, have plenty of ammo to put it through it's paces.  I've owned BCGs that were Ionbonded, NiB, chromed and "stainless".
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I vote Sinsitral gets one.  He will put it thru the wringer.
View Quote

I believe they already have one on the way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#42]
I think I offered up a test regimen that would reflect 90% of ARFCOMS use.  Not sure why I was not first inline.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:00:53 AM EDT
[#43]
lol at a T&E offer from Adams Arms.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd test it by shooting it with my ak
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Were there winners announced?

Quoted:
I think I offered up a test regimen that would reflect 90% of ARFCOMS use.  Not sure why I was not first inline.
View Quote

I was going to say something like "entitled much?", but then I went back and read your first post and now I agree 100%. This guy should have gotten one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered what was supposed to be the old versions and received one of these versions!!  Pleasant suprise, will run it this weekend on my lightweight build
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone confirmed the weight of this BCG by AA?

There website claims 20% lighter but this advertisement has actual numbers @ 7.39.

If this is true, is this total mass of the BCG or is it just the bolt?

I just purchased a red X arm titanium BCG the weighs in at 7.8oz but cost $50 more.

looking for some consumer based facts backing up this claim of 7.39oz.

No offensive Adams Arms but a lot of your information on your website is wrong and not right, especially pertaining to your barrels.

You guys need to get all that corrected as I and many others love your products but with such lack of attention to detail demonstrated on your web page, it makes one question really hard.....

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I can test one with multiple buffers and springs in a rifle and a pistol set up. multiple brands of ammo including surplus from multiple countries and pressure ratings. its been really cold and snowy so I can do low temperature and adverse condition testing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#50]
What is the PVD coating you guys use? Or is it Super Secret?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top