Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2014 2:10:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
interdasting
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The prototype I got to T&E was sweet, these look even more awesome.  I should have some later today.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The prototype I got to T&E was sweet, these look even more awesome.  I should have some later today.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_Oivse3toc/T4CuSfiR-zI/AAAAAAAABUg/xh2mZEJJQjk/s600/magpod.jpg
View Quote

Is it specifically designed for headshots on (terrorist) NBA centers at distances under 20 yards? If so,  it appears to be magnificently designed.

All kidding aside,  why do I need this again?  Is my PMAG going to explode if I use it as a monopod? Do I need to replace all of my floor plates so that I don't inadvertently use a PMAG that is not equipped with one of these and suffer a catastrophic PMAGopod slippage which results in a missed shot in a life or death situation?

What if I need to take an extremely steep shot? Do I need to stack dirt under it until it's bottom edge makes 100% contact? Are there any plans for an adjustable floor plate angle model for those of us that live in higher angled areas?  What about a model with a memory foam like bottom for those who live in gravely areas? How about a bubble level model so that we can confirm absolute levelness when bench shooting?

Seriously...  Sell me this thing.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is it specifically designed for headshots on (terrorist) NBA centers at distances under 20 yards? If so,  it appears to be magnificently designed.

All kidding aside,  why do I need this again?  Is my PMAG going to explode if I use it as a monopod? Do I need to replace all of my floor plates so that I don't inadvertently use a PMAG that is not equipped with one of these and suffer a catastrophic PMAGopod slippage which results in a missed shot in a life or death situation?

What if I need to take an extremely steep shot? Do I need to stack dirt under it until it's bottom edge makes 100% contact? Are there any plans for an adjustable floor plate angle model for those of us that live in higher angled areas?  What about a model with a memory foam like bottom for those who live in gravely areas? How about a bubble level model so that we can confirm absolute levelness when bench shooting with one of these?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_Oivse3toc/T4CuSfiR-zI/AAAAAAAABUg/xh2mZEJJQjk/s600/magpod.jpg

What if I need to take an extremely steep shot? Do I need to stack dirt under it until it's bottom edge makes 100% contact? Are there any plans for an adjustable floor plate angle model for those of us that live in higher angled areas?  What about a model with a memory foam like bottom for those who live in gravely areas? How about a bubble level model so that we can confirm absolute levelness when bench shooting with one of these?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What if I need to take an extremely steep shot? Do I need to stack dirt under it until it's bottom edge makes 100% contact? Are there any plans for an adjustable floor plate angle model for those of us that live in higher angled areas?  What about a model with a memory foam like bottom for those who live in gravely areas? How about a bubble level model so that we can confirm absolute levelness when bench shooting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i I'm with this guy
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
also, what will this do that a ranger plate wont?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
tough crowd! lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
It does this better-

Yes, Ranger Plates work, but they're still not as stable.  If you monopod off the mag shooting prone, you've got nothing to loose by giving them a try.  If you don't want them, don't buy them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It does this better-

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10374457_846055682082414_8950135029113238141_n.jpg?oh=4964e77ac14b7c4c63489bcc71e3b687&oe=5531FE0A&__gda__=1430292694_79696178247e2515685b09f9dfc8bfc4

Yes, Ranger Plates work, but they're still not as stable.  If you monopod off the mag shooting prone, you've got nothing to loose by giving them a try.  If you don't want them, don't buy them.
View Quote

I have to hand it to you, that's a bonafiable plus vs. the Ranger plates. Keep sellin'...

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#10]
FWIW, I have no financial dog in the fight, I just like the product.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

FWIW, I have no financial dog in the fight, I just like the product.
View Quote

Well RA and MagPod aren't in here selling us on it so prospective buyers only have your experiences to draw from. Thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I read somewhere that you can load up on it pushing forward like you can with a bipod.ive not tried to do that with the bottom of pmag or ranger plates.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw absolutely no reason for this until you posted a picture of a mag carrier loaded with PMAGs.  Now I get it.  I use ranger plates in my rig and they're not the best for keeping a mag stable with elastic hold downs.  

I may buy some after all.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I would rename it.  I would never care to buy it for a bipod alternative, but as a tactical base plate that is optimized for elastic cord based retention systems in carriers, now I am interested.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm with this guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with this guy

Me too. Thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#17]
i heard its best use was so you can stand your rifle up on its own to take pictures of it...

i like them though. illl try em out sometime.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I think they look pretty nifty after seeing them in the mag pouches. I think they'd sell like hot cakes if they were the same price as 3pk ranger plates tho.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think they look pretty nifty after seeing them in the mag pouches. I think they'd sell like hot cakes if they were the same price as 3pk ranger plates tho.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#22]
i have one pmag, ill enter your giveaway, worth a shot i guess
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Another trinket to make money.  The AR world is awash in this kind of stuff.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top