Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I will get one for my AR15s.

And I hope the 308 versions come out soon as well. I just started a build and want to use it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love Mega...but I think I love the Renegade more from SLR.  Really awesome charger. Feels and functions amazing.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7534/15392064583_36ea89b6c0_b.jpg
View Quote

The Renegade is poorly thought out IMHO.  

It has a key flaw that points to a Right Handed designer trying to make something for the Ambi CH market without actually thinking about how those choices effect LH shooters.

Why in the world would a LH shooter buy an allegedly Ambi CH that has the suppressor gas cut on the RH side?
That design choice dumps all the excess gas in the upper directly below and in front of a LH shooter's eyes. Fuck that.

The Renegade is merely a latch-less CH for RH shooters only in this LH shooter's eyes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think they will.  Look out for the introductory pricing once they are released.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I contacted Mega through Facebook, and they said they think MSRP will be $60. I was thinking it would come in a little better than that.

I think they will.  Look out for the introductory pricing once they are released.  

Good to know! I need 4 as soon as they come out!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It has a key flaw that points to a Right Handed designer trying to make something for the Ambi CH market without actually thinking about how those choices effect LH shooters.

Why in the world would a LH shooter buy an allegedly Ambi CH that has the suppressor gas cut on the RH side?
That design choice dumps all the excess gas in the upper directly below and in front of a LH shooter's eyes. Fuck that.

The Renegade is merely a latch-less CH for RH shooters only in this LH shooter's eyes.
View Quote

Because right-handers are 90+% of the total market, and a large part of the 'ambi-market'?

Because maybe a left hander would already have a properly gassed barrel? Or an adjustable gas block, or adjustable upper receiveer, or adjustable gas keyed bolt carrier?

Because they are trying to introduce a product with a limited amount of capital, like most small companies?

Or maybe just to piss off people who say Fuck That.

I'm pretty sure that SLR understands how the gas venting affects lefties. I'm also sure that there is limited capital, limited market, limited retailer space, etc. But YourMileageObviouslyVaries. So just use your time, your company, your money, and your life to make the leftie CH of your dreams. I'll be happy to advocate it to all my leftie friends. I have 2 of them, neither of whom I'm sorry to say will put out money for a perfect gas diverting leftie CH.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because right-handers are 90+% of the total market, and a large part of the 'ambi-market'?

Because maybe a left hander would already have a properly gassed barrel? Or an adjustable gas block, or adjustable upper receiveer, or adjustable gas keyed bolt carrier?

Because they are trying to introduce a product with a limited amount of capital, like most small companies?

I'm pretty sure that SLR understands how the gas venting affects lefties. I'm also sure that there is limited capital, limited market, limited retailer space, etc. But YourMileageObviouslyVaries. So just use your time, your company, your money, and your life to make the leftie CH of your dreams. I'll be happy to advocate it to all my leftie friends. I have 2 of them, neither of whom I'm sorry to say will put out money for a perfect gas diverting leftie CH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am an experienced machinist.  If I still had my old house and the money for one of the new mini-CNCs, I'd do it.

---------------------------

I noticed in your defense of SLR, you didn't deny that the Renegade really is a poor choice for Lefties compared the competition, including Mega. Your post only tries to dismiss us.

ETA: 10% of the AR market is a frigging huge sales pool these days.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.  I love to see the RH shooters tell LH shooters they don't need a LH gun or true ambi-controls.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not defending SLR. I have a Renegade; I haven't used it much and I'm not sure that the Renegade is better than other choices. So far I prefer the Raptor far more than anything else, including the BCM.

I was pointing out one possibility of why SLR made the choice they did. If you don't like the Renegade gas vent and position of the vent then buy a different charging handle. Since the Mega doesn't have a gas vent, there is one choice for you. There are plenty of others too.

So the market hasn't ignored the less than 10% of the market. You just seem to think that all the ambi CHs should be for lefties and ignore the other 90+% of the market. Maybe that was one choice that SLR made, but not to your satisfaction.

And to keep this at least somewhat related to the Mega (this is about the Mega?) I am looking forward to trying one out. I would love something as good as or better than the Raptor at a significantly lower price.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I love to see the RH shooters tell LH shooters they don't need a LH gun or true ambi-controls.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you talking about? I know it's not me, because I didn't say that, or anything even close to that, nor do I remember anyone in this thread saying that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
How does  it lock?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no confirmed release date for the Slide Lock??
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Rainier, finally saw these on your website,  now I'm waiting for that special introductory price
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
57.00?? someone got to close to the legalized marijuana
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not defending SLR. I have a Renegade; I haven't used it much and I'm not sure that the Renegade is better than other choices. So far I prefer the Raptor far more than anything else, including the BCM.

I was pointing out one possibility of why SLR made the choice they did. If you don't like the Renegade gas vent and position of the vent then buy a different charging handle. Since the Mega doesn't have a gas vent, there is one choice for you. There are plenty of others too.

So the market hasn't ignored the less than 10% of the market. You just seem to think that all the ambi CHs should be for lefties and ignore the other 90+% of the market. Maybe that was one choice that SLR made, but not to your satisfaction.

And to keep this at least somewhat related to the Mega (this is about the Mega?) I am looking forward to trying one out. I would love something as good as or better than the Raptor at a significantly lower price.
View Quote

I ordered one Wednesday, got it Friday. This thing is nowhere near as smooth as the Raptor is. Charging is stiff no matter which side you use
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I ordered one Wednesday, got it Friday. This thing is nowhere near as smooth as the Raptor is. Charging is stiff no matter which side you use
View Quote

Mine is smoother than my Raptors and Gunfighters.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Any plans to make these in an all steel version?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you post some top view and direct side view pics of the Mega VS Raptor on an upper so we can see how they compare for grasping?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Could you post some top view and direct side view pics of the Mega VS Raptor on an upper so we can see how they compare for grasping?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, SLR Renegade.  Don't have a Mega yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#22]
DAMMITT!!!      

OK, I'm the crash test dummy if no one beats me to it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
57.00?? someone got to close to the legalized marijuana
View Quote

Not sure exactly where this should be priced at, if you think $57 is exorbitant.  The Raptor by comparison, retails for $85, the BCM line of CH's retail from $45-$70, and the Fortis Hammer is $56.

update: Soldout at RA
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#25]
id say 30.00 its just a basic charging handle with a different look.

raptors and bcm are alot different
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We'll get more in soon.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
update: Soldout at RA

We'll get more in soon.  

I have no doubt, you guys rock! And thank you for the discount on my B5 stock!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Back in stock for those looking, I'm still waiting for the introductory price...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Any Raptor owners test one of these out yet and can comment? I'm looking for a charging handle for my SPR build and almost pulled the trigger on a Raptor.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any Raptor owners test one of these out yet and can comment? I'm looking for a charging handle for my SPR build and almost pulled the trigger on a Raptor.
View Quote

Really interested in this as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Im in for one
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Got mine yesterday, love it.

Fit, finished all look great and function is perfect. This will be my go to charging handle for now on.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone experienced the charging handle become disengaged from the upper when the bolt locks back after firing 300blout suppressed?   This is happening consistently with mine.  It disengages and kicks back quite a ways.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anyone experienced the charging handle become disengaged from the upper when the bolt locks back after firing 300blout suppressed?   This is happening consistently with mine.  It disengages and kicks back quite a ways.
View Quote

My two guesses over the internet are that either the system is over-gassed or the latch spring is too weak.  

Do you have an adjustable gas block or gas key?
If so, you can test what's happening by fully closing the gas system and firing the AR with 1 round in the magazine.

If the CH doesn't unlock, the AR is over gassed.
If the CH does unlock, the Mega CH needs a new spring.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Are there any reports of the Slidelock wearing on the upper receiver latch area more so than a charging handle with a conventional latch?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top