Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm very interested in your products, but I'm getting a little leary when you guys don't even answer my emails.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm very interested in your products, but I'm getting a little leary when you guys don't even answer my emails.
View Quote

Or give updates on the low mass carrier.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Great now where is the 308 version?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Any one doing a 6.8SPC with this?  I assume all you would need is the 6.8 bolt? (In the 5.56 B.C.)

Also.  You may want to ask for the list in the piston manufacturers thread to be updated with your company info and link to website.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Can we just have a piston key for sale? For those of us that want to use our own low mass carriers?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Where is the link on your website for rail compatibility?  I must be missing it somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Works on the fortis rev, rev 2.0, and MI SSK from my experience. My choice is the rev 2.0. Fits nicely.

" />
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Fortis switch 556 works!

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have called them and sent several emails with no response. I did get Jason to comment back to me on a facebook post but that is it. I hope these ship this week because I really need it for my SBR 300 blackout build. I hope it fits my rail and runs well too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have called them and sent several emails with no response. I did get Jason to comment back to me on a facebook post but that is it. I hope these ship this week because I really need it for my SBR 300 blackout build. I hope it fits my rail and runs well too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The companies lack of response or information makes me glad I cancelled my order. No updates. No emails informing you that their product is on back order for months. Last month I finally received an email from them saying my order was ready to ship towards the end of Feb. I ordered a kit in early Jan and then sent an email to cancel it about 15 days later after reading this thread that it won't fit with my handguard and zero response. Might be a nice product but with zero support or customer service I want nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I found mine on Rainier Arms.  I didn't pre order, however when I had questions I picked up the phone two times with questions and received answers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone want a .750 midlength clamp? I switched to .625 now and have no use for .750

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1412704_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I found mine on Rainier Arms.  I didn't pre order, however when I had questions I picked up the phone two times with questions and received answers.
View Quote

I emailed them again to see when my order is going to ship. He told me on Facebook that they were shipping now but I have yet hear anything on my order.  I only got another full voice mail when I called. If I hear something I will post it here.  It will be sweet to finally get a piston to replace the DI on my 300  blkout SBR build. I'll post pics once its done
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#15]
If they ever release a Nib BCG and screw on kit, I'll make sure to oder threw their partners. Seems like that's the only way to get one
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks great I like your products!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I emailed them again to see when my order is going to ship. He told me on Facebook that they were shipping now but I have yet hear anything on my order.  I only got another full voice mail when I called. If I hear something I will post it here.  It will be sweet to finally get a piston to replace the DI on my 300  blkout SBR build. I'll post pics once its done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They gave me a call this morning about my order. I was told the pistol pistons are about 6 weeks out before shipping but they had my adj gas block now. They were very friendly and polite and even offered to ship the adj gas block now because of the wait.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
My bad in advance. Didnt read any posts in this thread.

Is there a .308 version of this avail??

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if this works with the SLR rifleworks Solo?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It does not work with the SLR 556 Solo Ultra Light unfortunately, I originally purchased one in hopes to use with the Syrac kit.  I ended up with Fortis Switch
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#21]
How many people have gotten theirs yet?  And how long did you wait after you ordered?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It does not work with the SLR 556 Solo Ultra Light unfortunately, I originally purchased one in hopes to use with the Syrac kit.  I ended up with Fortis Switch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, i guess if it doesnt work with the ultra light, it wont work with the regular rail. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered a MID length system from Brownells and it shipped on wednesday 18 March. I hope it goes under my existing UTG slim free float but if not I will just get something that works.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I recieved my midlength kit and installed it with no issues. Fit under my slim Free float with no issues. I found it easy to install and adjust. The quality is first rate and I like having a virtually recoiless AR for three gun. The weight gain for my weapon was 1.2 ounces, very negligible. Order a kit now as you will wait, but very much worth the wait in my view.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Well jus t received my mid length kit from rainier arms and all I can say is does fit under a geissele mk5 13"
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Any chance of working with ares defense to make an ares scr compatible bolt carrier?

Many of us behind enemy lines have had to switch to the scr and the piston options are currently lacking.

Thanks

Custer
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Currently own an LWRC m6a2 and was wondering if the LWRC BCG is compatible with the Syrac piston? The LWRC BCG is desinged exactly the same as the Syrac BCG (integral gas key, indented circle for the op rod to sit in) so I have pretty high hopes for this one.

Would be a phenomenal advancement for us LWRC owners, as it would allow me to build a second upper with the same BCG and maintain piston-only uppers for that lower, as well as being able to choose my own barrel and not have to go with an LWRC barrel and piston (meaning 300blk is also an option ). All around would be a huge improvement for the LWRC consumer base if we had access to "LWRC-esque" piston assemblies in accommodating lengths and sizes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Any news on the NiBX version through Brownells? Still ready and waiting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Currently own an LWRC m6a2 and was wondering if the LWRC BCG is compatible with the Syrac piston? The LWRC BCG is desinged exactly the same as the Syrac BCG (integral gas key, indented circle for the op rod to sit in) so I have pretty high hopes for this one.

Would be a phenomenal advancement for us LWRC owners, as it would allow me to build a second upper with the same BCG and maintain piston-only uppers for that lower, as well as being able to choose my own barrel and not have to go with an LWRC barrel and piston (meaning 300blk is also an option ). All around would be a huge improvement for the LWRC consumer base if we had access to "LWRC-esque" piston assemblies in accommodating lengths and sizes.
View Quote

I just looked at the LWRC and SYRAC bolt carriers. One critical dimension is the position of the "gas key" on the bolt carrier from front to back. If you measure the distance from the front of the bolt carrier to the face of the "gas key" the LWRC is 1.18" and the SYRAC is 1.22". That is a difference of .040". That is too much difference for my comfort level. If you add too much gap the drive rod will hammer the "gas key" and can actually crack the "gas key" off the top of the carrier. Don't ask me how I know. :)  If you shorten the system by .040" it may not work at all if it prevents lock up. So, using a LWRC bolt carrier with the SYRAC op rod would shorten or "crowd" the system by .040". If the bolt will go into battery it my work but it is too different for my comfort level. If you put the SYRAC carrier in your LWRC gun then you have added a .040" gap between the drive rod and the face of the "gas key" and this is a definite no no. It will run, but it will hammer the face of the "gas key". If the distances were the same then it would be safe to interchange the bolt carriers, for example, LWRC and SIG 516 carriers.

mbell556        https://youtu.be/1DNPcuuW34w
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Talked to them yesterday....still 2 months out

Cheers
Shannon
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Cheers
Shannon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers
Shannon

Thanks... I was going to call them next week if someone didnt know on here.  So MAYBE by July.....  Nothing to do but wait, shame is the rest of my AR has been ready since November LOL
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I finally got my pistol piston from syrac for my SBR 300 blackout installed and running last week. I have another on order at Brownell's now but who knows when it will come in as they still have them all on pre-order. I like the piston on the 300 it runs cleaner with about the same recoil with the can on it as the DI did. When I took it out to the range I put around 150 rounds through it. About 70 where 220 gr subsonic matchkings (A1680 10.9 gr) , 50 or so 125 gr matchkings supers (lil gun 16.4 gr), and 30 147 gr M80 supers (lil gun 15.4 gr). All functioned great. I had no real problem installing the piston only the instructions probably need to be re-written for idiots like myself. The hand guard used was a YHM key-mod which it fit under with space to spare. Here are the pics. I think its a little canted but it works so I am not going to screw with it right now to fix it

" />

" />

" />

" />
This is a before pic
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I just looked at the LWRC and SYRAC bolt carriers. One critical dimension is the position of the "gas key" on the bolt carrier from front to back. If you measure the distance from the front of the bolt carrier to the face of the "gas key" the LWRC is 1.18" and the SYRAC is 1.22". That is a difference of .040". That is too much difference for my comfort level. If you add too much gap the drive rod will hammer the "gas key" and can actually crack the "gas key" off the top of the carrier. Don't ask me how I know. :)  If you shorten the system by .040" it may not work at all if it prevents lock up. So, using a LWRC bolt carrier with the SYRAC op rod would shorten or "crowd" the system by .040". If the bolt will go into battery it my work but it is too different for my comfort level. If you put the SYRAC carrier in your LWRC gun then you have added a .040" gap between the drive rod and the face of the "gas key" and this is a definite no no. It will run, but it will hammer the face of the "gas key". If the distances were the same then it would be safe to interchange the bolt carriers, for example, LWRC and SIG 516 carriers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mbell I used your video when I installed the thing lol great video by the way. I looked at my gen I sig 516 and thought the carriers looked the same but neither one were interchangeable.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cheers
Shannon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers
Shannon

Thanks for posting this info
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm thinking Syrac is overwhelmed with demand and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, Not responding to customer emails regarding overdue orders is just unprofessional. Not addressing delays in getting product out on your website, social media, etc. demonstrates a lack of leadership. It's better to say you don't know than to just shut down all communication. I'm willing to wait to get the product as I'm confident in Syrac's technical capability and quality. You just need to man-up and communicate with your customers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm thinking Syrac is overwhelmed with demand and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, Not responding to customer emails regarding overdue orders is just unprofessional. Not addressing delays in getting product out on your website, social media, etc. demonstrates a lack of leadership. It's better to say you don't know than to just shut down all communication. I'm willing to wait to get the product as I'm confident in Syrac's technical capability and quality. You just need to man-up and communicate with your customers.
View Quote

You are right they need to do a bit a little more visually on the social media as to why the piston are taking so long. However once you get them on the phone they are great to talk too and the product is grade AAA in quality. I like my pistol piston so much I bought another one a few weeks back for another SBR build. The wait time seems to be around a month and half to 2 months before they ship. By that time I'll have the stamp and I can order the rest of the parts I want in the build. The wait on the piston is worth it imo and maybe soon they will be caught up with demand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You are right they need to do a bit a little more visually on the social media as to why the piston are taking so long. However once you get them on the phone they are great to talk too and the product is grade AAA in quality. I like my pistol piston so much I bought another one a few weeks back for another SBR build. The wait time seems to be around a month and half to 2 months before they ship. By that time I'll have the stamp and I can order the rest of the parts I want in the build. The wait on the piston is worth it imo and maybe soon they will be caught up with demand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to be patient and not harass them. I do have confidence in their technical capabilities and the product.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in love!
Do need.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love a railed block.
In fact, I'd go for a railed adjustable DI gas block.
Probably the only guy in the world who doesn't need a free floating hand guard.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone else having issues with FTC? I can't get enough gas with any spring / buffer / setting on the gas block.

At first I thought it was my wolff xp spring and heavy buffer. Switched that for stock but did nothing. Tried opening the gas all the way, that got it to about half cycle. Tried match grade ammo, tried wolff. Tried no spacing for the end cap, tried spacing. Reinstalled several times, still nothing.

EDIT:

After spending a long time with Tony and Jason, it turns out that Daniel Defense makes their MID-LENGTH shoulders / gas port at a different spec than the "Normal" Mid-length spec, which does vary from company to company unlike carbine length.

Will update once changed and tested.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm trying to figure out if this piston system would work with the Midwest Industries SSM Handguards. The list on the original post shows pretty much all the other handguards as compatible, but not the SSM Specifically.
http://midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1263

The SSM appears to be the same dimensions as the others, but can anybody confirm for sure that it will fit over the Syrac Piston Gasblock? (I want to put a 12" handguard on midlength piston)
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Can someone measure the gas block's length for me?  I want to know if this system would fit inside of the opening on the Noveske Quad switch block rail.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is that a pistol or carbine gas piston? I'm thinking about doing the same just to maintain a cleaner gun running super sonic 300 blk. I'd be curious to hear more on your results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally got my pistol piston from syrac for my SBR 300 blackout installed and running last week. I have another on order at Brownell's now but who knows when it will come in as they still have them all on pre-order. I like the piston on the 300 it runs cleaner with about the same recoil with the can on it as the DI did. When I took it out to the range I put around 150 rounds through it. About 70 where 220 gr subsonic matchkings (A1680 10.9 gr) , 50 or so 125 gr matchkings supers (lil gun 16.4 gr), and 30 147 gr M80 supers (lil gun 15.4 gr). All functioned great. I had no real problem installing the piston only the instructions probably need to be re-written for idiots like myself. The hand guard used was a YHM key-mod which it fit under with space to spare. Here are the pics. I think its a little canted but it works so I am not going to screw with it right now to fix it

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194430_zpskacxil6r.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194822_zps13bknsiv.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194228_zpsw03haa6g.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150221_102803_zpshxu63vjy.jpg</a>" />
This is a before pic

Is that a pistol or carbine gas piston? I'm thinking about doing the same just to maintain a cleaner gun running super sonic 300 blk. I'd be curious to hear more on your results.

My SBR Blackout is a pistol length gas piston with an 8" barrel from aero precision. The piston makes the gun very clean without a suppressor but it does run a little dirty with a can. Its nothing like a DI with a can which is a filthy whore compared to the piston. I have now run around 600 rounds through the build with the piston on it with no problems (except user error but that was me taking the piston out and cleaning the rod with not properly reinstalling it) So far so good.... Now I want the other one that I have on order.. my other SBR build stamp just came in
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues with FTC? I can't get enough gas with any spring / buffer / setting on the gas block.

At first I thought it was my wolff xp spring and heavy buffer. Switched that for stock but did nothing. Tried opening the gas all the way, that got it to about half cycle. Tried match grade ammo, tried wolff. Tried no spacing for the end cap, tried spacing. Reinstalled several times, still nothing.

View Quote

I would think it would be a gas port issue and a misalignment with the piston gas block but if you have taken the block off and reinstalled it then it has to be an issue with the piston itself. Call Syrac and tell them whats going on.

So far My only issue was my fault when re installing the cap, spring and rod after cleaning. I screwed it in to much and it would not cycle.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would think it would be a gas port issue and a misalignment with the piston gas block but if you have taken the block off and reinstalled it then it has to be an issue with the piston itself. Call Syrac and tell them whats going on.

So far My only issue was my fault when re installing the cap, spring and rod after cleaning. I screwed it in to much and it would not cycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did just that, they gave me a wealth of information and a few good laughs. Will update once I readjust the block.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I did just that, they gave me a wealth of information and a few good laughs. Will update once I readjust the block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did they share with you? Just curious as I also have a DD 16" mid length this will be going on and would appreciate the head ache prevention.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What did they share with you? Just curious as I also have a DD 16" mid length this will be going on and would appreciate the head ache prevention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That Mid-Length is unlike rifle and carbine length which are built to certain specs. The shoulder on mid-length system can vary. This difference, mixed with the syrac block causes the gas port to be covered. If you fire and notice the system not functioning, ie not cycling, you know you have this issue. After firing (single shot) for a bit, it will have carbon build up. Take off the block, look where the carbon marks from the gas port are then move the block accordingly. In my case I will have to move it towards the muzzle. Assuming I don't have to move it too far, it will be fine.

Will update with more on this later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194430_zpskacxil6r.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194822_zps13bknsiv.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150421_194228_zpsw03haa6g.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150221_102803_zpshxu63vjy.jpg</a>" />
This is a before pic
View Quote

Can I ask you about the sound signature vs DI?

The video that Syrac posted of a suppressed 300, full auto was the loudest subsonic canned 300 I have ever heard.  I didn't know if it was the acoustics of the room he was in or the full auto or the piston is just that loud when clicking away that fast.

If it has about the same sound signature as DI then I will definitely get one.  If the piston is making all of that noise in the video then I think I will stick with DI for a quiet 300 blk.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The video that Syrac posted of a suppressed 300, full auto was the loudest subsonic canned 300 I have ever heard.  I didn't know if it was the acoustics of the room he was in or the full auto or the piston is just that loud when clicking away that fast.

If it has about the same sound signature as DI then I will definitely get one.  If the piston is making all of that noise in the video then I think I will stick with DI for a quiet 300 blk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a before pic

The sound is the same from DI to the piston, at lest I did not notice a difference on my suppressor.  I have only used a YHM 7.62 LT Can with this build. The YHM Can has a first round pop but all the other rounds are very quiet. Syrac ordinances video was shot indoors so I think its the building making it loud on camera. I know my cans are louder under a tin roof than in the open.  I can tell you that it will stay cleaner then DI and you do not have to worry about gas in your face. One of the big things for me between this one and the adams arm XL is that Syracs piston is serviceable and the rod, spring, and cap can be removed for cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I actually do have a question that keeps popping in and out of my head. Where does the gas block vent to? Forward or backward?
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top