AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 3:55:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcom to the forum, I'll take one for proper testing

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I miss the price? Don't matter need one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What is difference between the T-2 and T-1?  Thanks for the info!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Do you even reading comprehension bro? It's in the op!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Ok, you tell me, genius?  Looks like the same thing as the T-1?  Doesn't look like its much different to me??  

"The Micro T-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual weapon platform, and can be used with all
existing mounts that fit the Micro T-1. This sight is compatible with all generations of night vision
devices. The Micro T-2 is ideal for use with Aimpoint’s wide range of accessories including the 3X
Magnifier, and Concealed Engagement Unit (CEU). The Micro T-2 can operate for up to five years of
constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof to 25 meters. "
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope they fixed the issue with the mounting screws.  I've never stripped any, but have heard many stories of people that have.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I would test one out for you. :) Have a brand new DDM4 V5 that is calling for this!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ok, you tell me, genius?  Looks like the same thing as the T-1?  Doesn't look like its much different to me??  

"The Micro T-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual weapon platform, and can be used with all
existing mounts that fit the Micro T-1. This sight is compatible with all generations of night vision
devices. The Micro T-2 is ideal for use with Aimpoint’s wide range of accessories including the 3X
Magnifier, and Concealed Engagement Unit (CEU). The Micro T-2 can operate for up to five years of
constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof to 25 meters. "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Says new sight housing (to be used with flip up lens protectors) and new glass for "improved optical clarity".

Didn't mean to come across as such a smart ass in my first post. Was meant as a friendly joke
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/aimpoint2011/media/200170_Micro_T-23_zpsbcab5394.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag472/aimpoint2011/200170_Micro_T-23_zpsbcab5394.jpg</a>

New sight offers additional features and enhanced performance

Chantilly, VA – October 1, 2014 - Aimpoint, the originator and world leader in electronic red dot
sighting technology, has announced the addition of the new Micro T-2 sight to the company’s
professional product line. The Micro T-2 will be available for shipment in mid-October 2014, and will
be offered alongside the company’s existing Micro T-1 product.

Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become the worldwide standard for
compact reflex sights. Law enforcement and military end users have embraced this sight for its
compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Feedback received from professional end
users identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been added to this new
product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of front and rear
protective flip covers and anti-reflective devices, additional physical protection for the sight’s
adjustment turrets, and increased ruggedness for the sight’s internal electronic components.

The most important development in this new sight however, is enhanced optical performance. A
newly designed front lens, incorporating an important breakthrough in reflective lens coatings,
provides a noticeable increase in the clarity and performance properties of the Micro T-2. This
ensures that no matter what angle or conditions the shot presents, the user is able to get on target
quickly and accurately.

“Instead of merely making improvements to an existing product, our development group started with a
completely new design” said Brian Lisankie, President of Aimpoint Inc. “in terms of the optical
components, the Micro T-2 takes the level of performance available from a compact sight to an
entirely new level. It also provides features and performance formerly available only in much larger
optics.”

The Micro T-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual weapon platform, and can be used with all
constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof to 25 meters.

The Micro T-2 will be available from Aimpoint dealers nationwide. For more information on Aimpoint
or the company’s products, visit our webpage at www.aimpoint.com or contact:
Press contact: Kristi Drawe
Aimpoint, Inc.
(703) 263-9795 ext 226
[email protected]
NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
October 1, 2014

Aimpoint T-2 Product Sheet
View Quote

Here ya go mikec78

Eta: Again, not trying to be a smart ass. Just trying to help.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Aimpoint, do you have any comparison photos that show the difference in clarity between the old & new model?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks see jay.  I'm just a little confused on why there is a T1 model and a T2?  It's essentially an updated T1, but they are going to still offer the T1 as well?  I figured it would have something more to offer than just scope covers, and supposed clarity.

Also, I'm a little pissed.  I just purchased a T1 w/ Larue mount..  Would of been nice to of known an updated version was around the corner.  Wonder if Aimpoint will provide some type of trade-in program?

Mike
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll take a sample for testing and review.

Please IM me and I'll provide my shipping address.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap.

Got too excited about testing this bad boy!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a T1 sitting around here to use when I get my T&E model (cough: hint) in to demonstrate the differences during the review.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a T1 sitting around here to use when I get my T&E model (cough: hint) in to demonstrate the differences during the review.  
View Quote

Only 1 T1??

Pfff...

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks see jay.  I'm just a little confused on why there is a T1 model and a T2?  It's essentially an updated T1, but they are going to still offer the T1 as well?  I figured it would have something more to offer than just scope covers, and supposed clarity.

Also, I'm a little pissed.  I just purchased a T1 w/ Larue mount..  Would of been nice to of known an updated version was around the corner.  Wonder if Aimpoint will provide some type of trade-in program?

Mike
View Quote

The T-2 was announced almost 4 months ago just an FYI.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

This is the first I've heard of it.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#19]
So will an ARD or kill flash be available for the t2?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Ehh...I still prefer the T1 unless the T2's optical clarity is that much better...Integral flip caps annoy me, and Im not so violent with my shit that I need extra protection for the turrets.

At least finding T1's for 500 or less shouldn't be such a hassle anymore. I must have one on EVERY rifle
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Keep the mount as it will work with the T2. How much you want for the T1 itself?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Mike
View Quote
I'm sure the T1 will get phased out over time.

New products are released all the time, that's just life. Why would they offer a trade in program? You think people got to trade in their M2s when the M3s rolled out?

Are you disappointed in your T1?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#23]
LT has a pre-order up w/ mount for $743. For that price, I'd rather have the T1.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll say it again, the T-2 addresses very little around the main T-1 concerns.  I don't get it.

The biggest problems people have with AP's/micros:

1. 20mm viewing lens too small
2. Some people get a tube effect, much less with micros
3. Dot not crisp - usually an astigmatism
4. Price - the best = costly

Aimpoint, make a micro-esque package with a 25mm+ ocular (30mm even?), and you will completely wipe out the need for any other RDS/holo save for the brand-loyalists.

I spent 45 seconds typing this up at no cost.  Could've saved you thousands in R&D costs unless you have ulterior motives for not addressing T-1 complaints with the T-2.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LT has a pre-order up w/ mount for $743. For that price, I'd rather have the T1.
View Quote

I'm hoping the T1 prices might come down a bit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see they've put it up to $761 now.

And I really don't think the T1 prices are going to move at all. If the T2 was priced much closer to the T1, then I could see some lowering. But at ~$90 more, they obviously aren't looking to make the T1 more cost efficient.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
It's like you guys read one of my posts about the T-1 here and fixed every one of my complaints.

Will you guys be phasing out the H-1 in the near future?

Any numbers on the improvements the the electronics? Or is it just more betterer?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll say it again, the T-2 addresses very little around the main T-1 concerns.  I don't get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope... Just right.

2. Some people get a tube effect, much less with micros

Some people don't know to keep both eyes open.

3. Dot not crisp - usually an astigmatism

Ehhh... I'll kind of give you this. A crisp 1MOA dot would be ideal. But it's good enough as is for most applications.

4. Price - the best = costly

You expect a better optic to be cheaper?

Aimpoint, make a micro-esque package with a 25mm+ ocular (30mm even?), and you will completely wipe out the need for any other RDS/holo save for the brand-loyalists.

I spent 45 seconds typing this up at no cost.  Could've saved you thousands in R&D costs unless you have ulterior motives for not addressing T-1 complaints with the T-2.

Um, Aimpoint makes 30mm sights... They're called M4s, M3s, PROs, etc.

lol
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#29]
It's like you guys read one of my posts about the T-1 here and fixed every one of my complaints
View Quote

Read your post above.  If this iterative micro updates all of your addressed issues, you're in the lonely minority of thinking through the real issues of this sight (really, protecting the top cap is a huge concern?  And flip caps just brings this thing home for you?  Wow).  

Most people with issues on the micro complain the viewing window is too small.  Going M4 or Pro adds a lot of unnecessary weight.

Make a micro-esque optic with a more forgiving ocular lens and it owns the market completely.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Read your post above.  If this iterative micro updates all of your addressed issues, you're in the lonely minority of thinking through the real issues of this sight (really, protecting the top cap is a huge concern for you?  And flip caps just brings this thing home for you?  Wow).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's like you guys read one of my posts about the T-1 here and fixed every one of my complaints

Read your post above.  If this iterative micro updates all of your addressed issues, you're in the lonely minority of thinking through the real issues of this sight (really, protecting the top cap is a huge concern for you?  And flip caps just brings this thing home for you?  Wow).

The inability to add sacrificial lenses (non-threaded objectives) was a service-life limiting attribute of the T-1 and H-1.

The option to use actual lens covers is desirable. Not the biggest deal on the planet, but a nice addition.

The unprotected turrets could take significant damage in heavy use. This was a real concern. The added protection makes for a robust optic.

Speaking of robustness, one of the biggest concerns is the abuse micro-optics suffer when slide mounted. The T-1 was head and shoulders above most other options, but even it was not immune to the abuse of slide mounting. Aimpoint suggests they have improved this as well, I will be very pleased if it shows significant improvement in this regard.

Most people with issues on the micro complain the viewing window is too small.

I would suggest those who think it is too small simply don't know what to do with it.

Going M4 or Pro adds a lot of unnecessary weight.

So, you want an optic the size of an M4 that weighs what a T-1 weighs?

That just doesn't seem realistic.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The inability to add sacrificial lenses (non-threaded objectives) was a service-life limiting attribute of the T-1 and H-1.

The option to use actual lens covers is desirable. Not the biggest deal on the planet, but a nice addition.

The unprotected turrets could take significant damage in heavy use. This was a real concern. The added protection makes for a robust optic.

Speaking of robustness, one of the biggest concerns is the abuse micro-optics suffer when slide mounted. The T-1 was head and shoulders above most other options, but even it was not immune to the abuse of slide mounting. Aimpoint suggests they have improved this as well, I will be very pleased if it shows significant improvement in this regard.

I would suggest those who think it is too small simply don't know what to do with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people with issues on the micro complain the viewing window is too small.

Going M4 or Pro adds a lot of unnecessary weight.

Micro package, similar weight, larger objective lens
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't get what the big deal is. If you like it buy it, if not then don't.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Love my T1.  I bought it back when they were much cheaper on the used market(I paid $450 with the LaRue mount).

I'd love to have an updated one also, but for the price it's just not going to happen.  I bet it's great though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do realize that in red dot sight to have any result from larger objective lens, you need larger ocular lens. And most of mass of this type of sight comes from mass of glass use. Bigger lenses = more mass. No work around it. Polymer lenses are just not that good optically and do no live long in weapon applications.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice, if I buy another Aimpoint it will be a T-2, but I'm not running out to replace my T-1 any time soon. My T-1 2MOA is so damn clear now and awesome I love it.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You do realize that in red dot sight to have any result from larger objective lens, you need larger ocular lens. And most of mass of this type of sight comes from mass of glass use. Bigger lenses = more mass. No work around it. Polymer lenses are just not that good optically and do no live long in weapon applications.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're confusing same with similar. I asked for a similar package. So, to go from 20mm (micro) to 30mm (pro, m4s) the technology only allows a 200% minimum increase in weight and length?

Make an RDS that's 30% longer and heavier than a current t-1, with a 30mm ocular, and you win the market completely.

ETA: I own 3 x T1s and think they're the best out. Just don't see how this iterative addition does much at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Too expensive for me.
View Quote

Second that, but Swedish department of labor and welfare  in desperate need of your $$$ support
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Second that, but Swedish department of labor and welfare  in desperate need of your $$$ support
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too expensive for me.

Third that.
I was hoping it would be the same price as the T1 and drop the price on the T1.
That was just wishful thinking I guess.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Are we any closer to knowing when vendors will have these available for shipping?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#41]
with the amount of people with astigmatisms out there that subsequently dont use these type of optics, I wonder why Aimpoint has not developed focus-able ocular version ( like the Vortex Spitfire) of the PRO.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top