BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2014 1:48:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You make some very nice guns and accessories, but I think you may have missed the boat on this one.

$2500 for this .308 while Aero, PSA, Andersen and others are putting out stripped upper/lower combos for under $400 is pretty hard to ignore.
DPMS with their G2 is also available and getting decent reviews.

Affordable BCG's and rail systems are also becoming readily available.

All told, a nice setup but one could easily be pushing 4 grand if you include BUIS's and a decent piece of glass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys making your own bolts and carriers, or using DPMS?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd have to say the Charging Handle.

Hard to tell on my screen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it the ambi safety
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Its looks super nice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
That rifle looks super super nice. I want one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone spot our other new product on the rifle? Look at the pics closely and see what other product we will be releasing pretty soon :)   hint.... its not just for the 308

First one to guess it gets a free one :)
View Quote

How about one of those spiffy new rails for my 308 build?  :)

Btw looking around at your photobucket it looks like you guys don't mess around when you buy milling machines! Very nice...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes sir it is :)  

Its another new product we will be introducing here shortly. 90 or 60 deg ;)
View Quote

When will the ambi safety be available? Might you have some pics? The 308 looks great.... Only thing I dislike is the uncoated barrel.... I have to have all my barrels cerakoted black.... Shiney barrels and muzzle devices drive me nuts....
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Is the SP10 upper assembly compatible with a Stoner SR25 lower?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#17]
This rifle looks amazing. I know you guys have been working on it for a while now. I recall talking to Al about the 308 back in 2011 or 12.  Nothing but the best comes from these guys. Great people to talk to and deal with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You make some very nice guns and accessories, but I think you may have missed the boat on this one.

$2500 for this .308 while Aero, PSA, Andersen and others are putting out stripped upper/lower combos for under $400 is pretty hard to ignore.
DPMS with their G2 is also available and getting decent reviews.

Affordable BCG's and rail systems are also becoming readily available.

All told, a nice setup but one could easily be pushing 4 grand if you include BUIS's and a decent piece of glass.
View Quote

You're comparing Seekins to Aero, PSA, Anderson, and DPMS.....there's your problem.  Not the same league.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#19]
So one of the above listed lowers with a quality bolt, a Mega or Rainier barrel, a Fortis or Midwest Rail, a Magpul stock and grip of your choosing makes them inferior ?
Add your flavor of Geisselle and an optic and you still have a quality build.

Sorry, with all due respect, no it doesn't.

Seriously, what makes this rifle better ? Billet,ambi controls, the "S" on the side.
As stated above, I'm not disparaging the quality just addressing  the price point in today's AR10 marketplace.

In all honesty, at these numbers I would probably be looking at a SCAR 17s, ( which I think is overpriced).

Capitalism is a wonderful thing. Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#20]
It has always been cheaper to build a rifle yourself if you want to pick and choose random parts and throw them together. That is not what a real manufacturer does. When you purchase a Larue, Knights, or Seekins .308 rifle, you are buying a rifle that was designed and created out of nothing but a few pieces of metal. You are paying for research and development, machinery to build every little component they design, the time it takes to build the rifle, and the assurance it is as perfect as someone like Glen wants it to be.

To some people that is worth the premium, to others it is not. That IS the beauty of capitalism. There is nothing wrong with building or buying, but they each have their own benefits. How many, "I just built this rifle and XYZ doesn't work like I want!" Threads have you seen? A factory built rifle ensures fit, finish, and function to a level 99% of all frankenguns will never achieve.

That said, out of all of the manufacturers I mentioned above, Seekins .308 rifle is the cheapest and about to become readily available. Seekins is on par with the absolute best rifle builders in the world, and the price is fucking fantastic.

Deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So one of the above listed lowers with a quality bolt, a Mega or Rainier barrel, a Fortis or Midwest Rail, a Magpul stock and grip of your choosing makes them inferior ?

Seriously, what makes this rifle better ? Billet,ambi controls, the "S" on the side.
As stated above, I'm not disparaging the quality just addressing  the price point in today's AR10 marketplace.

In all honesty, at these numbers I would probably be looking at a SCAR 17s, ( which I think is overpriced).

View Quote

Whats the difference between a Jimmy Johns sandwich and one I cobble together at home?  Its just bread, meat, cheese and vegetables right?  What makes their sandwich cost more than the one I put together?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It has always been cheaper to build a rifle yourself if you want to pick and choose random parts and throw them together. That is not what a real manufacturer does. When you purchase a Larue, Knights, or Seekins .308 rifle, you are buying a rifle that was designed and created out of nothing but a few pieces of metal. You are paying for research and development, machinery to build every little component they design, the time it takes to build the rifle, and the assurance it is as perfect as someone like Glen wants it to be.

To some people that is worth the premium, to others it is not. That IS the beauty of capitalism. There is nothing wrong with building or buying, but they each have their own benefits. How many, "I just built this rifle and XYZ doesn't work like I want!" Threads have you seen? A factory built rifle ensures fit, finish, and function to a level 99% of all frankenguns will never achieve.

That said, out of all of the manufacturers I mentioned above, Seekins .308 rifle is the cheapest and about to become readily available. Seekins is on par with the absolute best rifle builders in the world, and the price is fucking fantastic.

Deal with it.
View Quote

I disagree. You can take multiple parts from different mfgs and make them work. I'm no gunsmith, or superb builder, but of the three 308 ars I've built, I have not had a single problem except with one brand new Armalite 25rd mag.

As long as the receivers are machined well, and you do your part as a builder, double checking things, doing your research, you can build an inexpensive rifle that is on par with the accuracy of these top notch rifles.

The only benefit I see to buying a complete rifle is the warranty that comes with it. You bit complete if you don't want to mess with it, or don't know how, or don't want to learn. That's my opinion anyway.

Now, if Seekins would sell receivers, I'd be all over a set. They look damn nice. Dare I say, better than Mega MaTen sets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whats the difference between a Jimmy Johns sandwich and one I cobble together at home?  Its just bread, meat, cheese and vegetables right?  What makes their sandwich cost more than the one I put together?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jimmy Johns sucks. Fire house subs are way better. Plus, I can make a better sandwich, it all depends on how hard you try. But, imo, sandwiches usually always taste better to me when someone else makes it. Which, the same could be said when someone else builds a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I love you, Seekins.  I love everything I have ever bought from you.  And everything I haven't bought from you yet.  The rifle looks great, and even though I usually prefer to piece together my ARs, I may just have to pick one of these up .

But I'm still not putting out until you make more bolt catches.  What's the deal?  I never imagined they would be gone for soo loong.  Srs question.  Are they ever coming back?

Either way, great work, guys.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seekins and budget have never belonged in the same sentence.  If you want a budget .308 look elsewhere, it's really that simple.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Are these available for sale anywhere?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish seekins just sold these rails separately for the 308 market
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Very nice rifle.  I have a couple questions, does your barrel extension happen to be from BAT Machine?  Since the new Seekins 308 iRMT-3 upper has an extended rail, and the new 15" SP3R - 308 guard is designed specifically for this, am I to assume that these products are proprietary, meaning they are not interchangeable with other mfr's uppers/rails?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top