Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I meant to post yesterday but forgot until now.  Has anyone else tried loading these mags from stripper clips? I was trying yesterday and was having trouble.  The first five or so would go in without much trouble but then I was having to take them off the clip to load by hand.  I don't have very much experience using stripper clips so there is about a 95% chance the problem was me, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried.

I noticed looking down from the top the bullet tips have to fit in a fairly small slot inside the magazine, so I'm guessing they are just a little bit more sensitive to how you load them as compared to other magazines.  That might be part of my problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I just received the four I ordered a few days ago, speedy shipping. I like them so much, I'll order 6 next time.

On a semi-related note: I do want to say I enjoy using Magpul's gear, but fuck that lawsuit! I hope you achieve a decisive victory in your defense. In your defense Magpul ripped off Armalite, Thermold, and Orlite's design. I don't see Magpul going after HK for their polymer/plastic magazines.

BTW Your magazines are top notch, uniquely beautiful, and easy to load, but they unload a bit too fast for my liking.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meant to post yesterday but forgot until now.  Has anyone else tried loading these mags from stripper clips? I was trying yesterday and was having trouble.  The first five or so would go in without much trouble but then I was having to take them off the clip to load by hand.  I don't have very much experience using stripper clips so there is about a 95% chance the problem was me, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried.

I noticed looking down from the top the bullet tips have to fit in a fairly small slot inside the magazine, so I'm guessing they are just a little bit more sensitive to how you load them as compared to other magazines.  That might be part of my problem.
View Quote

I've used both a striplula and the spoon to load them with stripper clips. I haven't had any issues at all with the striplula. With the spoons, it seemed the last round didn't want to go in but that could just be my technique. Bottom line is they work with both.

As ETS said, apply pressure towards the back of the round and if you use a striplula or something similar, make sure you are holding it tight onto the magazine so it doesn't rock.

Also, ETS sent me 9 mags on Friday and they arrived today. That's some fast shipping!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hey Castiel,
Because of the flexibility of our material, it is very important that when you load with stripper clips that you take extra care to put all of the force at the back of the rounds. If you start pushing down on the fronts, they can give you trouble. So I don't think it's you, you just have to get used to using them with our mags. It took me a couple of time to figure it out.

PS I use the LULA on strippers because I find it much easier to use than a standard GI spoon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Castiel,
Because of the flexibility of our material, it is very important that when you load with stripper clips that you take extra care to put all of the force at the back of the rounds. If you start pushing down on the fronts, they can give you trouble. So I don't think it's you, you just have to get used to using them with our mags. It took me a couple of time to figure it out.

PS I use the LULA on strippers because I find it much easier to use than a standard GI spoon.

Thanks for the reply, I'll pay more attention next time I load them.  I need to finish building my pistol so that I can unload them first
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys need to check your postal scale. Post man is holding my second order for ransom! .

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Ah no worries I needed the exercise to go get em and this way the sarge didn't see them come in the house!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks, I got your shipping refunded. Again, sorry for the trouble and we will get to the bottom of why USPS did this...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah no worries I needed the exercise to go get em and this way the sarge didn't see them come in the house!

Thanks, I got your shipping refunded. Again, sorry for the trouble and we will get to the bottom of why USPS did this...

Can confirm, top notch service and communication from ets. I'll be stocking up with more in the new year!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can confirm, top notch service and communication from ets. I'll be stocking up with more in the new year!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  love the mags and communications
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Need me some Green R.R.S., any idea when they will be back in stock? Love your mags.
Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Just ordered two of the regular 30 round clips and got my shipping notification in less than an hour. Thanks for the speedy service guys keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just ordered two of the regular 30 round clips and got my shipping notification in less than an hour. Thanks for the speedy service guys keep up the good work.
View Quote

He said "clips"!  Noob 14er!  Wait,  are you making clips for the M1 Garand now? Now that would be cool! LOL
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Very Soon! Probably the next few days. As soon as they arrive I will post here to let everyone know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need me some Green R.R.S., any idea when they will be back in stock? Love your mags.
Mike

Very Soon! Probably the next few days. As soon as they arrive I will post here to let everyone know.

OK,  I"ll keep checking everyday. Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Just placed an order of 6 along with 3 different colors of the RRS's.  Looking forward to giving them a try
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#26]
order in!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes. we are. Use discount code blackfriday to get 25% off. Discount is good now through the end of Monday.

Thanks to everyone for their business. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know if you can say but are you having any black friday deals on them?

Yes. we are. Use discount code blackfriday to get 25% off. Discount is good now through the end of Monday.

Looking forward to trying these out! The discount code seems to only work for the mags, not the RRS; is that correct or am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:16:15 AM EDT
[#28]
any chance of 6.5 grendel mags in the future?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is correct, the discount only works with the mags, not the colored parts. Sorry for any confusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know if you can say but are you having any black friday deals on them?

Looking forward to trying these out! The discount code seems to only work for the mags, not the RRS; is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

That is correct, the discount only works with the mags, not the colored parts. Sorry for any confusion.

Ok, thanks for the response; I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. But I got my order placed! Unfortunately I was going to get a red and a green follower pack in honor of Christmas, but green is out so I had to do blue instead lol. Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Used wromg quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He said "clips"!  Noob 14er!  Wait,  are you making clips for the M1 Garand now? Now that would be cool! LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha he said "clips"!!! I guess that means you have never made a mistake or misspoke in your entire life MHS. If this is the case then I salute you sir for you are a superior being and deserve the utmost respect of all who kneel before you and your excellence....
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sorry about that. We have more parts on the way. Should be here in just a few days.
View Quote

No worries at all. I just saw your other thread and it looks like I'll have to be placing an order for the purple RRS set anyway for my girlfriend's mags (her favorite color) when those come out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Went to the range today and put a couple hundred rounds through these mags. They look amazing and fed without any problems. Speed loading with a standard GI spoon was no issue at all for me. Excellent product I will be placing another order very soon along with an order for some different color schemes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
love these mags. great customer service and fast shipping too. you guys rock.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#44]
I completely missed the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale..

Are there any plans for a Christmas time sale?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:23:31 AM EDT
[#47]
I like the 30 rounders I bought, both coupled and non-coupled.

Any chance of some non-coupled straight 20 rounders?

I love the short straight body of the aluminum GI mags because I can run them like pistol mags for reloads, and a significantly lower profile on the belt. The 20 round G3 PMags are worthless to me. Your clear mags would be way cooler anyway.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, we definitely plan on making 20 rounders. We are still looking into the advantages/disadvantages of a straight body vs curved. I will say that if we can't find a definite advantage performance wise with the curved geometry on a stack of 20 rounds, we will make the body straight. However, if the curved body proves to be more reliable than a straight body, that is the route we will go, because ultimately it has to work all the time, regardless of looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the 30 rounders I bought, both coupled and non-coupled.

Any chance of some non-coupled straight 20 rounders?

I love the short straight body of the aluminum GI mags because I can run them like pistol mags for reloads, and a significantly lower profile on the belt. The 20 round G3 PMags are worthless to me. Your clear mags would be way cooler anyway.

Yes, we definitely plan on making 20 rounders. We are still looking into the advantages/disadvantages of a straight body vs curved. I will say that if we can't find a definite advantage performance wise with the curved geometry on a stack of 20 rounds, we will make the body straight. However, if the curved body proves to be more reliable than a straight body, that is the route we will go, because ultimately it has to work all the time, regardless of looks.

This is why, all the mag's I buy from now on will be from ETS.
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top