BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I need more mags like I need more bills but damn these are tempting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Another order (#1271) placed.  I left a short message with my order
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#5]
These look awesome! I and my group of friends (One of them is an FFL) in upstate NY are LEOs (Exempt from SAFE) and would like to try the 30's. Is there any way for an LE exemption to the state shipping restriction? The FFL is already a dealer through Zanders, and we would like to get our hands on them.

P.S. This stupid SAFE act is a result of NYC legislators and a highly liberal Governor. We here in upstate NY believe in the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These look awesome! I and my group of friends (One of them is an FFL) in upstate NY are LEOs (Exempt from SAFE) and would like to try the 30's. Is there any way for an LE exemption to the state shipping restriction? The FFL is already a dealer through Zanders, and we would like to get our hands on them.

P.S. This stupid SAFE act is a result of NYC legislators and a highly liberal Governor. We here in upstate NY believe in the 2nd amendment.
View Quote

I don't agree with that. Sure it sucks you have to deal with bullshit regulations, but you being LE should adhere to those standards the same as civilians do. You being LE should not exempt you from SAFE. It's extremely unfair for you to be able to defend yourself with these mags, but yet deny the civilians you are "protecting"?

If your state does not allow civilians to own and use 30rd mags, there is no reason the cops should be allowed to. There is no need for you to be more armed and protected than your civilians.

You should be held to a higher standard, and be required to operate within the same perimeters as the civilians you protect. Shame on you for claiming to support the 2A while trying to convince a mfg to supply you mags you are not allowed to have as a civilian.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't agree with that. Sure it sucks you have to deal with bullshit regulations, but you being LE should adhere to those standards the same as civilians do. You being LE should not exempt you from SAFE. It's extremely unfair for you to be able to defend yourself with these mags, but yet deny the civilians you are "protecting"?

If your state does not allow civilians to own and use 30rd mags, there is no reason the cops should be allowed to. There is no need for you to be more armed and protected than your civilians.

You should be held to a higher standard, and be required to operate within the same perimeters as the civilians you protect. Shame on you for claiming to support the 2A while trying to convince a mfg to supply you mags you are not allowed to have as a civilian.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad someone said that.  ETS please don't ship to "above the law" cops in NY. There are plenty of people in free states supporting you!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And the same for Cali, and NJ, and the other FU'ed states. But that's just my civilian opinion, not being a member of the Only Ones.

And BTW, my order from last night already shipped! Looking forward to seeing some ETS soon!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We definitely hear what you guys are saying and we believe citizens should be able to own ANYTHING that LEs use, period. It's sad that some states get it so wrong....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad someone said that.  ETS please don't ship to "above the law" cops in NY. There are plenty of people in free states supporting you!

We definitely hear what you guys are saying and we believe citizens should be able to own ANYTHING that LEs use, period. It's sad that some states get it so wrong....

Sad indeed. What makes it more sad is the cops that think they are "above the rest". If anything, it's the cops that need their arms regulated. Why do cops need MRAPs and LAVs? What do civilians have that would necessitate the need for such armored vehicles? Beefed up paddy wagons, for sure.

The cops are the ones who are out of control with the weapons. In my opinion, cops need more training. Much stricter recruiting practices as well. Cops need discretion, better training in assessing situations, and not consider everyone a harmful threat. Cops should be trained to incapacitate, not use deadly force.

After all, you are well aware of the risks involved with your chosen profession, train accordingly, take pride in your job, and do the right thing ALWAYS. That includes using the same type of weapons your civilians have. Cops don't need automatic weapons, they need better training to combat untrained criminals who have auto weapons.

So, I sure hope you don't supply ban state cops with mags that are banned for civilian use. That's a quick way to eliminate future civilian sales if that got out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a copy/paste of my reply in the rapid recognition system thread. You guys can take a look at some pictures I took of ETS magazines with all the different colors available. Not photoshopped or glam'd up. Just real pictures.
---------

Alright, my Orange and Green RRS parts arrived today as expected. I now have the set of Blue, Red, Orange, and Green.

First, a picture of all the colors in one shot so you can see an estimate of what they'd look like. Then I took a few pictures of the orange and green while in one of my SBR's. And finally put together 3 couplers with a red, white, blue theme.

Photos taken with an iPhone so they won't be amazing, but they should be good enough!

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm really liking these mags. What would be neat, if you could match the caliber on your recognition floor plates. Completely unnecessary, but would be a cool feature.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I should go to bed when it gets dark out, ordered a couple about 2 this morning.
Gotta see what's up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, we designed the back to clear the bolt catch on a SCAR so you should have no problems. No need to modify the mag.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These will work with the Scar 16 without modification? I know many of the polymer mags will engage the bolt hold open just a bit and cause problems on the SCAR.

Yes, we designed the back to clear the bolt catch on a SCAR so you should have no problems. No need to modify the mag.  

I just tested the mags with the Scar. They start to engage the bolt catch just as much as my Pmags do. They appear to need the modification.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, bought 3 coupler mags to go with my itty bitty pistol

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Not to rain on the parade, but has their been a public response/statement from ETS about the the civil suit Magpul filed?

Link to a thread here at AR15.com started by Magpul staff

Wes
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hey jh1990,
Sorry your are having trouble. We tested our mags in 2 SCAR 16s and they did touch the bolt catch, but after running rounds through them we saw no signs of the bolt catch rubbing. We have also done some testing with some military units and they did not report any trouble with the bolt catch rubbing. That said, we know it's very close so I could see it being an issue on some guns. Is yours pushing up enough to rub?

Once again, sorry for your trouble. Please let us know if you need us to do anything for you. I fell really bad since I told you it would clear with no mods. If you want us to cut a little bit away and send you some new mags we can do that no problem.

Thanks for your business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These will work with the Scar 16 without modification? I know many of the polymer mags will engage the bolt hold open just a bit and cause problems on the SCAR.

I just tested the mags with the Scar. They start to engage the bolt catch just as much as my Pmags do. They appear to need the modification.

Hey jh1990,
Sorry your are having trouble. We tested our mags in 2 SCAR 16s and they did touch the bolt catch, but after running rounds through them we saw no signs of the bolt catch rubbing. We have also done some testing with some military units and they did not report any trouble with the bolt catch rubbing. That said, we know it's very close so I could see it being an issue on some guns. Is yours pushing up enough to rub?

Once again, sorry for your trouble. Please let us know if you need us to do anything for you. I fell really bad since I told you it would clear with no mods. If you want us to cut a little bit away and send you some new mags we can do that no problem.

Thanks for your business.

It isn't a big deal. Takes less than a minute with a file to fix. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Definitely looks like it will rub but it can be hard to know for sure. Easy fix though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a question that popped into mind....   Wouldn't it be a disadvantage to be holding an attacker / prisoner at bay, and have them be able to see how many rounds are left in your mag?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys should add a option for the Rapid Recognition System to include all the different colors in one pack.

I wish I paid more attention when I ordered last night, I thought it was 6.99 for one follower and one base insert.
Live and learn.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not to rain on the parade, but has their been a public response/statement from ETS about the the civil suit Magpul filed?

Wes
View Quote

It wouldn't be wise for them to comment on such matters, especially on an open gun forum of which Magpul is an industry partner.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be wise for them to comment on such matters, especially on an open gun forum of which Magpul is an industry partner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wes

I can understand to some extent but as a potential customer, I am holding off on buying until I see some technical data explaining that the ETS products do not represent significant levels of intellectual property theft or blatant patent infringement.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Until you posted this link, we didn't know this thread even existed. I am reading it now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wes

Until you posted this link, we didn't know this thread even existed. I am reading it now...

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can understand to some extent but as a potential customer, I am holding off on buying until I see some technical data explaining that the ETS products do not represent significant levels of intellectual property theft or blatant patent infringement.

Thanks
Wes
View Quote

Or you can buy the ETS mags now, be wowed by how cool they look, test them and see if you like them, and have the clear mags that Magpul will not release. Then if there is found to be any IP infringement the court can settle those issues. In the meantime you have great mags and look cooler than your buddies.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:35:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Late to the party, but I'm running a few to see how they work out.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We want to wish every veteran a happy Veteran's Day. Save 20% off now through Sunday using discount code: "Veteran" at checkout. 10% of all profits will be donated to Wounded Warrior Project. Thanks to all of our veterans and God bless.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/ETSgroup/VertansDay_zps044ad675.jpg
View Quote

Not to rain on your parade as you are doing a great thing but do some research on WWP's anti-gun stance. I only recently discovered it but was disappointed to see what has transpired. I'm sure some other guys more in the know could point you in a different direction.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not to rain on your parade as you are doing a great thing but do some research on WWP's anti-gun stance. I only recently discovered it but was disappointed to see what has transpired. I'm sure some other guys more in the know could point you in a different direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We want to wish every veteran a happy Veteran's Day. Save 20% off now through Sunday using discount code: "Veteran" at checkout. 10% of all profits will be donated to Wounded Warrior Project. Thanks to all of our veterans and God bless.

Really? That's genuinely disappointing. Why do they take that stance?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Agreed, that is very disappointing. Can anyone post more info about this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? That's genuinely disappointing. Why do they take that stance?

Agreed, that is very disappointing. Can anyone post more info about this?

Just from what I've seen/read it appears they'll accept donations from anybody but prefer to distance themselves from teaming up with any company associated with weapons, sex, alcohol, religion, etc. The big hoopla occurred when they didn't want to be on a Gun Talk radio show. I didn't mean to derail the thread as it's great for you guys to want to donate but just be careful who you send your money to. There are some other organizations out there that may be more appreciative of your donation.

I'll step aside and let others with more experience chime in.

I ordered 2 mags BTW and looking forward to giving them a go.

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.facebook.com/wwpinc.fans/posts/10151256727408415
Read the comments
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wow. I can understand a charity not taking a political stance, but clearly it seems they have taken an anti-weapon aka anti-gun stance. Which I find ironic since the 2nd Amendment is a critical part of the constitution that so many veterans fight to protect. Can you guys point us in a direction of a charity doing good work for veterans that is not anti-gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.facebook.com/wwpinc.fans/posts/10151256727408415
Read the comments

Wow. I can understand a charity not taking a political stance, but clearly it seems they have taken an anti-weapon aka anti-gun stance. Which I find ironic since the 2nd Amendment is a critical part of the constitution that so many veterans fight to protect. Can you guys point us in a direction of a charity doing good work for veterans that is not anti-gun?

This article lists some alternative charities. I am not knowledgeable enough to be able to point you to one specifically.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/wounded-warrior-project-draws-line-sand-guns-knives/
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
HAVA
View Quote

Nice. I like how the firearm companies support.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crap just saw this! I placed an order on 11/11 for 2 interlocking mags, but didn't know about the veterans discount . Used your mags for the first time last weekend and they worked flawlessly! Really like them. My son has a Tavor and used my mags, he really liked them, but the interlocking mags would not work with the Tavor (not enough clearance between the mags). My son-in-law used them with his Bushmaster and again they worked flawlessly! Diggin the mags, just wish you could get the color coded mag upgrades instock, need some in green.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hey Mike we will get you taken care of with the discount. Also, Should only be another week or so on the colored parts. As soon as they are ready to go, we will post here to let everyone know. Also, we are making a lot more this time to make sure we don't run out on you guys again!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crap just saw this! I placed an order on 11/11 for 2 interlocking mags, but didn't know about the veterans discount . Used your mags for the first time last weekend and they worked flawlessly! Really like them. My son has a Tavor and used my mags, he really liked them, but the interlocking mags would not work with the Tavor (not enough clearance between the mags). My son-in-law used them with his Bushmaster and again they worked flawlessly! Diggin the mags, just wish you could get the color coded mag upgrades instock, need some in green.

Mike

Hey Mike we will get you taken care of with the discount. Also, Should only be another week or so on the colored parts. As soon as they are ready to go, we will post here to let everyone know. Also, we are making a lot more this time to make sure we don't run out on you guys again!

WOW! Thanks, Great product with great customer support! Looking forward to the R.R.S. being back in stock. Just may have to order some more mags! You guys rock!
Mike
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my first town mags. I'm no range commando, just a hoarder and casual shooter. But my first impressions of these magazines are that they look great and feel like a quality product. We'll worth it. I'll buy more from time to time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hey Mike,
Will you IM me your first and last name so I can get that discount applied to your order....Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

WOW! Thanks, Great product with great customer support! Looking forward to the R.R.S. being back in stock. Just may have to order some more mags! You guys rock!
Mike

Hey Mike,
Will you IM me your first and last name so I can get that discount applied to your order....Thanks.

IM inbound! Again thanks!

Mike
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top