Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry, we began filling orders to dealers in the order they were received. Will probably be another week before the rest ship.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting (im)patiently for local mags.

Sorry, we began filling orders to dealers in the order they were received. Will probably be another week before the rest ship.

When are they going to be available on your site again?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, we need to put them up as replacement parts on our website. Shoot me a PM with your address and I will mail you one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I order replacement dust covers?  I dropped one yesterday and stepped on it and broke off one of the fingers on the back.

BTW, love the mags!  

Yes, we need to put them up as replacement parts on our website. Shoot me a PM with your address and I will mail you one.

IM sent, thanks very much!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Will the ar15com discount code still work?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Once we get mags back in stock...in a day or so, I will put up a discount code. I promised everyone that we would put them on sale for the ARF once we finish this production run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will the ar15com discount code still work?

Once we get mags back in stock...in a day or so, I will put up a discount code. I promised everyone that we would put them on sale for the ARF once we finish this production run.

You guys are awesome! Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Any eta on the SR25 style mags?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry if this was already asked, but will these fit in an fnh fs2000?  I know the pmags won't but couldn't find any info on the Ets mags.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#12]
No problem. Still looking forward to giving them a try. Thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Any ETA on the Glock mags? It's already April. Any introductory pricing on these?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Any plans for AK47/74 mags in the near or distant future?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We expect the Glock mags to be ready around the end of this month, give or take. We will offer some introductory prices for you guys when they are ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any ETA on the Glock mags? It's already April. Any introductory pricing on these?

We expect the Glock mags to be ready around the end of this month, give or take. We will offer some introductory prices for you guys when they are ready.

I can't wait for these. Super excited to give them a try. Plus my pistol can will be approved probably this week. Gonna be sweeeeet!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets not be like all the other manufactures and forget about the 5.45x39 AK74 mag when designing AK mags..
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We actually got a chance (for a few minutes before it started snowing) to run some rounds through the prototype Glock mags. About 300 rounds with no malfunctions. So that's a good start.
View Quote

I can't wait to get my hands on some 33rd-ers for my Glock frame SBR!

Are these going to be available in smoke, translucent, or both?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody local have them in stock yet?

On your recommendation I picked up some Lancers that have been tiding me over.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Any local yet?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any local yet?
View Quote

You looking for coupled or non coupled?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any local yet?

Non coupled
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Non coupled
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any local yet?

Non coupled

I think most of the local stores around here only have coupled mags. Feel free to use the ARF discount and order on the website. That will save you some money anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Where'd your vendor status go!?

I need to update on my magazine  I've been beating on too. Will take some pics later today.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I need to update on my magazine  I've been beating on too. Will take some pics later today.
View Quote

Not sure. Getting that corrected as we speak.

I am anxious to hear how the beater mag is doing....
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#33]
how are the Glock mags coming along?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I received a couple of the coupled mags this week.

I am very impressed with the construction, fit, and finish of the magazines, as well as how the polymer is more transparent than other "clear" ones on the market.
The magazines fit very well in all my lowers with no issues that required trimming.
I will get them out this weekend for some test firing, but so far loading, unloading, and fitting are exceptional.

Anxiously looking forward to the glock magazines coming out, please keep us updated as they come along!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:51:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hey Mike,
How is that beater mag doing? I'm dying to know....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Mike,
How is that beater mag doing? I'm dying to know....

Took a few follower pics that I'll get uploaded tomorrow. It's got a nice crusty black coating from shooting suppressed. I'm gonna take a pic side by side with a new mag to show how it's changed after a crapload of rounds and abuse too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Just been keeping an eye on these/this thread for a while, now. I was curious about one thing, and forgive me, but we all know Magpul is the big-dog here that everyone is trying to beat or compete with.

Magpul states that their magazines (M3) are the only one's shown thus far to feed M855A1 without un-due wear to the weapon. It is my opinion that this is caused by the steel tip, and how the Magpul magazine presents the round. Has ETS done or had any testing with alpha 1 done?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Alright, finally had a chance to upload all the pictures and get it side by side with an unused ETS magazine. Sorry these pictures aren't in a specific order.

So the magazine in question is over 10k rounds now. About 90-95% of that was suppressed from SBR's. A few magazines here and there from unsuppressed or precision builds. Still works perfectly.

The magazine has been beaten on by a 6 year old, had the bottom base broken, run over by an suv, run over by a car, had the kids ride over it on their bikes, thrown in the air to land on the driveway, and a bunch of other stupid tests. I've had to reshape/sand some of the magazine which was deformed from landing on pavement and rocks.

The magazine still runs perfectly. It has no cracks, no malfunctions, even with the piece broken off of the base it closes perfectly and functions as if it were new.

I've wiped down the follower a few times early on and the actual magazine body maybe once or twice, but nothing in the past few months. You can see the difference in the body compared to an unused magazine. HOWEVER just because it's dirty, doesn't mean it won't clean to its original form. I'm going to hit the range tomorrow, then I'll clean it and update with some more pics. See if it's retained it's transparency.

I'm excited to try out the Glock mags. I received a few Magpul from the original run, and have some of their new replacement bodies coming this week. I'd love to run them side by side from my suppressed Glock 17 and see how they function. Also from my 19 and 26's for that matter.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow those pics from my phone really are bad! I'll try to take a few more with a real camera when I have some spare time and when the lighting is better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We haven't done extensive testing with M855A1. It's hard to get. We have had some active military guys run some though our mags, but no where near enough to begin testing the wear affects on the rifle. In my opinion, the only way you could get valid data for this issue is to have 2 brand new guns and put several thousands of rounds of A1 through each with a GI mag and our mag. Then side by side you would get an idea if the wear is reduced. I know that we have a feed angle under our feedlips that is slightly different than a GI mag. I'm not sure how that compares to the Pmag. But with all of the negative things I have heard about the effects of the A1 round on the M4 I would be willing to bet it's days are numbered in service.....

I know Magpul made a statement in another thread that guys have told them their mag is the only mag they have seen that will reduce that wear, but with out quantifiable testing, that isn't worth much, IMHO.

In my mind, with the elevated chamber pressures and faster cycling the M855A1 causes in the M4, I would really think the accelerated wear on the feedramps is a minor concern compared to the other damage and wear it causes...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just been keeping an eye on these/this thread for a while, now. I was curious about one thing, and forgive me, but we all know Magpul is the big-dog here that everyone is trying to beat or compete with.

Magpul states that their magazines (M3) are the only one's shown thus far to feed M855A1 without un-due wear to the weapon. It is my opinion that this is caused by the steel tip, and how the Magpul magazine presents the round. Has ETS done or had any testing with alpha 1 done?

We haven't done extensive testing with M855A1. It's hard to get. We have had some active military guys run some though our mags, but no where near enough to begin testing the wear affects on the rifle. In my opinion, the only way you could get valid data for this issue is to have 2 brand new guns and put several thousands of rounds of A1 through each with a GI mag and our mag. Then side by side you would get an idea if the wear is reduced. I know that we have a feed angle under our feedlips that is slightly different than a GI mag. I'm not sure how that compares to the Pmag. But with all of the negative things I have heard about the effects of the A1 round on the M4 I would be willing to bet it's days are numbered in service.....

I know Magpul made a statement in another thread that guys have told them their mag is the only mag they have seen that will reduce that wear, but with out quantifiable testing, that isn't worth much, IMHO.

In my mind, with the elevated chamber pressures and faster cycling the M855A1 causes in the M4, I would really think the accelerated wear on the feedramps is a minor concern compared to the other damage and wear it causes...

Well...yes, and no. See, the issue is that A1 has a steel exposed tip. The harder it hits, the more wear. The more angle it hits with, the "softer" the impact. So...

If your mags reduce wear with A1, it's only possible by extension that they feed "slicker" and more directly into the chamber.

I don't have access to A1 in any quantity, so I'm not worried about wear...but based on the physics involved, here, a mag that reduces wear with A1, should feed slicker with darn near any round.

To that end...have you compared cyclic rates on full-auto with your magazine vs. others? This will give a great idea of friction, as well as how "slick" feed geometry is. I'd be very curious to see a bunch of mags compared with a full-auto setup to see what RPM they average over, say, 3 mags each.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Got to hit the range today, and all I can say is that I am very impressed.  As previously noted, the fit and function cycling these magazines is awesome; under live fire today they performed flawlessly.

I tried various drills under different speeds, positions, and platforms and experienced zero issues.
No problems with bolt lock back on an empty magazine, and fully loaded, they seat well on a closed bolt.
Even coupled and in the prone, the magazines worked without issue and unlike some other coupled magazines, they don't extend too far down making prone positions difficult.
I used to use several versions of 40-48 round extended magazines for 3-gun, but that always presents a problem when going prone, with minimal training a practice, you can do reloads with coupled magazines quickly and overcome the disadvantage on position that extended capacity magazines presented; plus now I have 60 on the gun instead of 48 at best.

I am probably going to ditch my Lancers for these in 3-gun now and cannot wait to try out the Glock magazines.  I am using a G34 for IPSC, IDPA, and 3-gun, so they will get plenty of use.

***ETSGroup, let me know if you need some Glock magazines tried out***

Quoted:
I received a couple of the coupled mags this week.

I am very impressed with the construction, fit, and finish of the magazines, as well as how the polymer is more transparent than other "clear" ones on the market.
The magazines fit very well in all my lowers with no issues that required trimming.
I will get them out this weekend for some test firing, but so far loading, unloading, and fitting are exceptional.

Anxiously looking forward to the glock magazines coming out, please keep us updated as they come along!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Another range day, and another 500 rounds or so put through the ETS beater mag (Had a couple buddies with me who were wondering why we kept reloading the same mag, lol.). I'm going to unpack and grab some food and after that, going to clean the beater inside and out and see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sounds good Mike. I bey your buddies thought you were crazy until you explained it to them....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another range day, and another 500 rounds or so put through the ETS beater mag (Had a couple buddies with me who were wondering why we kept reloading the same mag, lol.). I'm going to unpack and grab some food and after that, going to clean the beater inside and out and see what it looks like.

Sounds good Mike. I bey your buddies thought you were crazy until you explained it to them....

Nailed it. After I told them though, they were all for it. Wanting to use it more and more, throw it, etc... We ended up running it over with a new VW Jetta.   It's about as clean as I could get it.

Hot water, Balistol, and Froglube Solvent were used. It still seems made a tad darker than the unused mag, and there are some parts of the follower that seemed a little stained.

Taking pics now, then just have to upload them.
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top