AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After all the tolerance stacking issues we've seen, I respectfully disagree that a lower is a lower

Yep there will be a select fire version
View Quote

If only if only...
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think this lower is begging me to be SBR'd...
View Quote

No joke!

Duffy, any way we could order one pre-engraved by you guys to have it SBR'd? I'd hate to mess up such a beautiful lower with "average" engravings.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This would be a beautiful addition to my collection and love the Henerson marking as I'm a LV native. Even better when I'd have it next to my ARFCOM billet lower. I was wondering about the rear takedown, is it threaded for a set screw? I'd also love to a see a truly ambi lower (billet or forged) similar to the LWRC IC lowers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
When will the lightweight receivers be back in stock?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have 6 different brands of lowers billets and forged, 12 lowers in total, and my AR-15.com billet ambi lower which I believe is made by mega is the only lower I have had a "problem" assembling. The rear take down pin head was hitting and would not go in all the way  by almost an 1/8", recess for head of pin was not a perfect circle.  Little work with the dremel and $60 cerakote fixed it.  . Next time I am in the market for another lower I know which company to use.  Have used 12 of their safeties and they are now the only safeties I will use on my ar's period....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll start of by saying that it is a fantastic looking lower especially the laser engraving ...BUT even with the the edm wire mag cut i just dont get why its a forged lower.
Not sure what market your targeting but it makes no sense when i can get a mega billet shipped to my door for 25 bucks less than yours.
Sorry if im sounding harsh just letting you know how i feel

Your selectors are the tits btw my buddy just got one we installed in his gun.

Gonna edit this to clarify....i know the difference between forged and billet. What i meant is i dont get why you decided to go with forging over billet

I have 6 different brands of lowers billets and forged, 12 lowers in total, and my AR-15.com billet ambi lower which I believe is made by mega is the only lower I have had a "problem" assembling. The rear take down pin head was hitting and would not go in all the way  by almost an 1/8", recess for head of pin was not a perfect circle.  Little work with the dremel and $60 cerakote fixed it.  . Next time I am in the market for another lower I know which company to use.  Have used 12 of their safeties and they are now the only safeties I will use on my ar's period....

I'm sure that Mega/AR15.COM would have made it right.

I have a Mega Arms Ambi Billet Receiver Set that I turned into a 7.5" PDW and had exactly 0 problems with it. It is one of my favorite receivers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a Mega Arms Ambi Billet Receiver Set that I turned into a 7.5" PDW and had exactly 0 problems with it. It is one of my favorite receivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll start of by saying that it is a fantastic looking lower especially the laser engraving ...BUT even with the the edm wire mag cut i just dont get why its a forged lower.
Not sure what market your targeting but it makes no sense when i can get a mega billet shipped to my door for 25 bucks less than yours.
Sorry if im sounding harsh just letting you know how i feel

Your selectors are the tits btw my buddy just got one we installed in his gun.

Gonna edit this to clarify....i know the difference between forged and billet. What i meant is i dont get why you decided to go with forging over billet

Yours is probably broken.  Just send it to me.  I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Very Nice lower !
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got my Battle Arms lower and I was blown away on the quality of the machining and finish!!! Absolutely the nicest lower I've ever seen. Wow- these guys do it right with everything they make.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Clint,

We can laser it during the manufacturing process.  It will take a little time to setup and program the laser and we will have to wait for the next production batch to run one before it gets anodized.  It is do-able.  Email me at [email protected] and we can figure out the specifics.  

Thank you.

George
View Quote

Are you guys still willing to do trust engravings for SBRs?  I just saw this and thought it was cool idea.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I contacted George and was told they were still setting up for customized engraving. I sent him my info and never heard back from him. It slipped my mind as well until I saw your post. I'd be interested in an update as well, if possible.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I contacted George and was told they were still setting up for customized engraving. I sent him my info and never heard back from him. It slipped my mind as well until I saw your post. I'd be interested in an update as well, if possible.
View Quote

It would be nice to have it all done up already rather than mucking up such a pretty lower.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It would be nice to have it all done up already rather than mucking up such a pretty lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything on this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I was excited when I saw this, I like to pick up different lowers but um, I'm not $200.00 dollars excited. You can get 4 Bushmaster or 4 Aero lowers on a sale for that much.

I honestly think the market is TOO over standard for $200.00 dollar AR-15 5.56 lowers.

You want to make a lower and be able to get those prices without people bitching? Make a lower in .308/762 and you will have something. Not enough GOOD .308 lowers out there. I wish there was more selection. I wanted the AXTS .308 lower but they let us down on that! :(

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was excited when I saw this, I like to pick up different lowers but um, I'm not $200.00 dollars excited. You can get 4 Bushmaster or 4 Aero lowers on a sale for that much.

I honestly think the market is TOO over standard for $200.00 dollar AR-15 5.56 lowers.

You want to make a lower and be able to get those prices without people bitching? Make a lower in .308/762 and you will have something. Not enough GOOD .308 lowers out there. I wish there was more selection. I wanted the AXTS .308 lower but they let us down on that! :(

View Quote

Build quality. BAD didnt make a run of the mill, sale bin lower, and the price reflects that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Build quality. BAD didnt make a run of the mill, sale bin lower, and the price reflects that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This topic has been beating to death and then some. As long as a forged lower is built to spec, it's going to service it's purpose. It's a nice looking lower, yes I can see that. I wouldn't mind having one if it were not for the price is all I'm saying. I meant no offense to anyone but for $25 dollars more you can score a AR15.com billet lower for example.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Not going to wade into the price debate but I will add my support for BAD, top notch company and very content with everything I have purchased from them. I'm confident that I would be equally pleased with their receivers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#22]
BAD is a great company, quality guys pumping out quality products that aren't meant for everyone. I have seen plain forged lower receivers bring $500 only because of the name stamped on them. Battle Arms has actually brought something new to the table. You cant demand custom furniture for IKEA prices or Bugatti quality from a Ford. Completely different tiers market market. Congratulations BAD, this is a great product from a great company and I wish all of you the best success.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:50:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm about to buy a BAD forged lower. Any recommendations for forged upper receiver? What would have the tightest tolerances?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm about to buy a BAD forged lower. Any recommendations for forged upper receiver? What would have the tightest tolerances?
View Quote

I would recommend a Mega forged upper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Man, these lowers are beautiful.  I'm trying to pick another lower to SBR and can't make up my mind yet.  This is on the list though.

Anybody used these with LMT MRP uppers?  Fit ok?  I have no reason to think they wouldn't, but I have run into some lowers that don't fit those uppers.  Since I'd be using the BAD lower with an MRP mostly, it has to fit them.

Thanks for any input!

ETA:  Also curious if the SBR engraving at the factory is going to happen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ETA:  Also curious if the SBR engraving at the factory is going to happen.
View Quote

Email Jon at Battlearms, I received an email saying they are trying to get number in for another batch.

Rainier Arms did my engraving, looks really good.  Asked for aluminium black but that didn't happen.  No problem, just applied my own and turned out great, would not hesitate to do again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Everything I looked at was out of stock
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 3:53:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Any more build up pics anyone can post?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
So excited for more to be in stock and I get my phone call from battle arms. Also can't wait to order all the other goodies for the lower so many great products.
Don
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I get B.A.D.'s attention to detail and passion for quality because I have it....however, for that price you get solutions that weren't problems to begin with. Those would be great selling points to set you apart from the regular priced crowd if you too were in that price range.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there going to be a sale on these at some point?  Really like them but full retail price is a little steep.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top