Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, so far I am very impressed with this stock.  No wiggles and very smooth operation.  Can't wait to shoot this new build this Sat.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh wow.  I don't know what the effe just happened.  LOL.  Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking for a stock for my new .308.   Guess what?  I just found it!  

I have a Hogue grip on my rifle which I love.  Great work guys!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi from New Zealand
I've just order one of your Hogue stock, not many sites sell to international customers. But Brownells do, even though they do not currently stock these stocks they have done a special order (thumbs up for Brownells). Of course these orders can take 5 months to arrive so will be some time before I'm able to give feedback.

Was first looking at Magpuls stocks but due to those ignoring rules called ITAR I can't import one. So I did some searching for a stock and came across these Hogue stocks. Very nice looking stocks. None of these Hogue stocks are sold here so was good to be able to import one. Thumbs up for Hogue.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Can someone provide the LOP at shortest and fully extended? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also curious about the weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice......how much do they weigh?

Also curious about the weight.

See above... 4th post.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Hogue, you hit this one on the head. Ordered 3 more after this first one. Can't have enough stocks on hand that's for sure.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if anyone has them in stock right now I've checked a few places and they are out of stock. Looking for the mil spec one.

Edit: Midway currently has the black ones and says they will ship out tomorrow so I ordered one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#11]
cool
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the poor quality. I keep telling myself I will take better pictures but never get the chance so these will have to do for now.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:43:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Anytime Hogue!

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Man those look sharp, I've been using Hogue Grips for years and these stocks are impressive......can't wait to get my hands on one.

I want one in Green and Black, who currently has them in stock?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Man those look sharp, I've been using Hogue Grips for years and these stocks are impressive......can't wait to get my hands on one.

I want one in Green and Black, who currently has them in stock?
View Quote

I ordered mine from MidwayUSA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Hogue has them in stock.

Just drove over and picked one up for the 308.

Its nice having them about 3 miles away.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I like it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#22]
seems like everyone is out of stock or has quit carrying this stock- any particular reason????
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Have you tried Hogue directly?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Midway usa has them

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1151361523/hogue-overmolded-collapsible-stock-ar-15-lr-308
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I got mine yesterday.  One suggestion I would make would be to round off the release tab.  The edges are sharp and catch things as they brush up against them.  The rest of the stock is rounded and that tab just sticks out.  Overall I like it a lot.  It is a lot tighter than my Magpuls.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]
already answered in the 4th post of thread
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#27]
these look just like CTR stocks I'm surprised they havent been sued

that said, I like these better
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#28]
For those looking exile machine has the black ones for $38 and change.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#29]
These look nice, and quite similar to the MOE and CTR stock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
These look nice, and quite similar to the MOE and CTR stock.
View Quote

I have both of those and these are a lot tighter on the buffer tube and for me more comfortable.  The cheek rest is much nicer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought the stock after reading this thread.  I couldn't be happier.  Great stock and a nice price.   The cheek weld is very comfortable and the fit on my Colt LE6920 was perfect.  Thanks guys... great call on the Hogue buttstock!
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I received mine (ordered direct from Hogue) and I really like it. I haven't shot it yet, but it's just what I wanted. It was initially very tight on my DSA mil-spec buffer tube, but loosed up to just perfect after about 5 or 6 collapse/extends. I noticed a tiny amount of the FDE color rubber rubbed off on the buffer tube as it "wore in", and now it fits absolutely perfect, no rattle at all. The only thing I might change is to melt the sharp corners at the tip of the collapse lever. Give this buttstock a try. Thanks Hogue!    (:

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I received mine (ordered direct from Hogue) and I really like it. I haven't shot it yet, but it's just what I wanted. It was initially very tight on my DSA mil-spec buffer tube, but loosed up to just perfect after about 5 or 6 collapse/extends. I noticed a tiny amount of the FDE color rubber rubbed off on the buffer tube as it "wore in", and now it fits absolutely perfect, no rattle at all. The only thing I might change is to melt the sharp corners at the tip of the collapse lever. Give this buttstock a try. Thanks Hogue!    (:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2pt9v9h.jpg

View Quote

Melting the corners was my suggestion to Hogue also.  I swapped out most of my MOE stocks to Hogue and that is my only complaint........The release lever.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Any thoughts of doing an overmolded vertical grip
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Love these.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I all, new to the forum, first post.

I just bought the Hogue buttstock and grip for my new AR-15. I have had an AR-10 for years, so I finally decided to get a baby AR.I  LOVE the buttsock and grip, I have Hogue on all my other guns so this was a no-brainer. I highly recommend getting the kit, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I have to say, I love mine, they are the mil spec, are tight and don't rattle. Feels great in the hand.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Review's up:

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I have been wanting to try the new Hogue stock ever since they came out. After all I love their pistol grips and pistol side panels so why not their stocks? Finally got around to ordering one and I have found my perfect stock. Super tight getting it on, but it loosened up just enough fairly quick. By far this is the most solid stock I have ever used on the M4, the rubberized portion is comfortable, cheek weld is right where it should be. The best part is it costs 1/3 less than the CTR. The only negative that I have found was with the sharp edges on the release lever. This really was an over sight on Hogues part. I mean the rest of the stock is just perfect, you can tell a lot of work went into the design of this one, it isn't just a CTR copy, I have both and they are a different stock, but these sharp edges really should have been addressed and knowing Hogue they soon will be. I may remove my lever and smooth them up on my belt sander with a 220 grit belt and finish it up with hand sanding.  Works for me, YMMV? Now I want to try one of their knives.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The only negative that I have found was with the sharp edges on the release lever. This really was an over sight on Hogues part. I mean the rest of the stock is just perfect, you can tell a lot of work went into the design of this one, it isn't just a CTR copy, I have both and they are a different stock, but these sharp edges really should have been addressed and knowing Hogue they soon will be. I may remove my lever and smooth them up on my belt sander with a 220 grit belt and finish it up with hand sanding.
View Quote

Can you post a pic or two of this mod when completed? I have an idea in mind but curious what others are doing. I'll be getting one this week and will possibly do this mod as well. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Can you post a pic or two of this mod when completed? I have an idea in mind but curious what others are doing. I'll be getting one this week and will possibly do this mod as well. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only negative that I have found was with the sharp edges on the release lever. This really was an over sight on Hogues part. I mean the rest of the stock is just perfect, you can tell a lot of work went into the design of this one, it isn't just a CTR copy, I have both and they are a different stock, but these sharp edges really should have been addressed and knowing Hogue they soon will be. I may remove my lever and smooth them up on my belt sander with a 220 grit belt and finish it up with hand sanding.

Everyone complains about the same thing.  An easy fix for Hogue, hopefully they don't blow it and continue with the same crappy release.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The complete buttstock weighs about 8.3oz
Without the buttpad and associated hardware we're looking at 6.8oz

We used our Over-molding technology not just for comfort on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Most of the contact points where the stock touches the buffer tube are rubber, which mitigates the rattling & vibrations.
View Quote

I bought one of these. I must say, it is everything the hype says.  No rattles, solid as a rock on the tube. The slide/pull of it is smooth and consistent, and it locks in place with confidence.  The rubber shoulder pad is superb and the rubber on the top of the tube is very comfortable. It seems tough as nails too, and looks great.  Can't beat the price either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#45]
These stocks have been out for s8me time now.....does anyone have the green or tan?  How closely do they match magpuls OD(foliage) and FDE
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Adds 1.5 ounces to their stock.....I like too!  First AR stock that may not feel like a stupid 2x4 against your shoulder.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Love mine.  I like the little internal chevron-type lip that eliminates the rattle.  Have one on my .300 BLK and another on a .223 carbine.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Do they make a kit with the spring,buffer,and buffer tube ???
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have to say, I love mine, they are the mil spec, are tight and don't rattle. Feels great in the hand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/blueberry606/SAM_0940.jpg

View Quote

Really like that color.  I am getting the pair for my 300BO SBR but haven't decided on color.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top