Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, I'm certainly interested in your products for mine and my wife's AR's but I'm curious to know if there are plans for a fixed A2 stock length Buttstock?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is on our list.
View Quote

Thank you. When it becomes available I will be very interested in getting one for my .300 BLK.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is on our list.
View Quote

I was hoping you would say that. While we are at it I've got your grips on 2 of my ak's any plans on stocks for them ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
What would be really kool is a fixed extended carbine length, somewhere between a fixed carbine and A2 length.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Hogue, well done. That's a great-looking stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
So true to their word the guys at Hogue sent me a prototype recoil pad to try out with their new stock. I took it for a test ride this weekend with some 500 gr Beowulf rounds. I like the softness and "give" of the pad, this pad reminds me of some of the "decelerator" pads I've seen for magnum bolt guns and shot guns. The pad changed the recoil from a hard sharp jolt to more of a slow hard push, it didn't eliminate the recoil but seemed like it slowed it down in a much more comfortable way. The shape of the pad isn't bad but its also not ideal for the stock with its long pointy "nose" on the bottom. It would be better looking and less chance of caching on things if it was a little more rounded and less protruding. All in all the pad works well and I think it would be a good addition to those with high recoil guns that want some help with taming it. As a side note I shot the stock in the full extended position to see if it would collapse under the recoil, it did not, it seemed to handle the shock well.

Kudos to Hogue for asking for customer feedback and including me in their R&D. Great products from a great company. And for those who say "picture or it didn't happen" I give you this.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Also curious about the weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice......how much do they weigh?

Also curious about the weight.
It's in the thread twice...

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OK I finally got some time to whip out a prototype for you guys with the big bore ARs. This prototype adapter is made from 1/4" Al. With the squishy pad it adds 3/4" (longer than the hard buttpad).
This is a Prototype. We are not committed to making these. If you want to buy one, post here and get my bosses attention.
My initial reaction is I like it. It makes it harder to get into battery in a hurry, but it sure is comfy. I think I'll make one for my AR-10 and my .450 bushmaster.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=66912
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody tried one yet?

I got one, was really excited about these but was a little disappointed when I got it. First off its a very nice stock and well made. I was expecting the rubberized sections to be softer like the hand guards they make but they are not. I was looking for something to help with recoil on some big bore ar's. (Beowulf/Socom) These are not the answer.

OK I finally got some time to whip out a prototype for you guys with the big bore ARs. This prototype adapter is made from 1/4" Al. With the squishy pad it adds 3/4" (longer than the hard buttpad).
This is a Prototype. We are not committed to making these. If you want to buy one, post here and get my bosses attention.
My initial reaction is I like it. It makes it harder to get into battery in a hurry, but it sure is comfy. I think I'll make one for my AR-10 and my .450 bushmaster.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=66912

I know for a fact personally that butt pad makes 300win mag a whole lot more enjoyable to shoot, I can't see any way it it wouldn't be a home run in this case. Maybe cerakoat or anodized the aluminum adapter plate just for aesthetics purposes but other than that in theory, perfect.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm curious, is that rubber looking nub at the top of the butt a permanent part of the stock and how soft/firm is it?
The butt-pad is over-molded, so yes the rubber looking nub is permanent, actually that nub is the only part that is not rubber, it's a harder polymer. To answer your question it's very hard compared to the rubber. We did that on purpose to help keep from snagging on your clothes/plate carrier when your bringing your rifle up fast.
With rubber in contact with the buffer tube, how smooth does the stock slide in and out?
I have found it to be pretty smooth, I put a little silicon grease in there to keep it that way. Its not as smooth as plastic on aluminum, but we weren't going for that.
Will there be a future version with battery storage? Maybe have them be modular pieces that can be added or taken off at will?
We have our battery storage in the pistol grip right now. Maybe on a future rifle stock, but probably not this version. We went for comfortable minimalist.
Are the rubber cheek weld parts swappable?
Nope, permanent part of the stock. We could make an aftermarket cheek rest that could be installed, but we'd have to see some demand.

This question is off topic but something that's always mildly annoyed me. With your finger grooved grips, I get some bind between the rubber overmold and the selector lever. It's a bit worse with an ambi selector as both sides rub a bit. Have you guys ever thought about maybe thinning up the rubber under the area that the lever sweeps over? FYI, I use BAD ASS levers on my ARs.
I'll have to answer this when the BAD lever shows up. Email me a picture to help me out?
View Quote

Sorry, I was out of town a lot the past month for work and completely forgot about this.

Thanks for answering my questions. Even with the limited options, this has a good chance of being the stock I use for my SBR build.

As for the grip rubbing with the BAD ASS, I ended up alleviating the problem by switching to the BAD half-length levers that do not sweep the grip at all. I'm not sure where my full length levers are at the moment, but if I can dig them out, I'll put them on and snap pics of the witness marks and clearance issues.

Thanks again for the reply.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm ready to buy a new stock, when do you expect to have a Fixed Carbine length stock available?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I sloped check weld, some form of storage. Maybe a take on a strike plate? Something that fits over a mil spec carbine buffer tube, if a fixed carbine length. Maybe on the lower end, some form of hand hook for shooting prone when/if needed.

Different colors! I'm tired of the same 3 boring ass colors. I don't want a gun that "looks" like it would be useful in a desert. So please, offer more than the 3 cliche colors everyone wants because people in a desert 3000 miles away use it.

In other words, something different. I like what you did with your collapsible stock. Pretty basic with a new twist. It's really about options. The buttstock market is pretty stale. With magpul have almost a monopoly on the market. Atleast they are setting a damn good standard for others to follow.

I'd like to see a skeletonized take on magpuls fixed rifle length stock. And also a solid take on the fixed carbine stock. I think that should be y'alls foundation for brainstorming. What could y'all do differently? How could you improve? Of course, everything will be different to protect against copyright infringement, but I'm just saying that should be where you start.

Again, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not going to lie to you friend, we are not that close.
However I'm interested to know what you would like to see in a fixed buttstock
View Quote

Well I'm going to end up buying the MOE Fixed Carbine Stock  then. The MOE Fixed Carbine is just a little short for me at 8.5" so I'll have to put the   Extended Rubber Bitt-Pad to add an extra half inch, if that isn't enough I will make an extension pad to insert between the stock and the pad.  

The MOE  Rifle Stock measures about 10.5", that's more than I want so to answer your question I would love to see YOUR design in a fixed stock like the MOE Fixed Carbine at about 8.5 to 9 inches.
I like the style of Magpul's stock but I love Hogue's better. Just make your  Rubber OverMolded Collapsible Buttstock in a fixed design, that would be what I'd like to see.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for the Input.
I have relayed what you told me to my superiors.
We hope to start that project soon.
View Quote

Thanks, me too. My wife and I both want a Hogue buttstock, she likes the collapsible one but I prefer a fixed stock.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The complete buttstock weighs about 8.3oz
Without the buttpad and associated hardware we're looking at 6.8oz

We used our Over-molding technology not just for comfort on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Most of the contact points where the stock touches the buffer tube are rubber, which mitigates the rattling & vibrations.
View Quote

Does this mean that the rubber can/will wear over time and thus the lockup/rattle proofing may not be as good several years down the road? This isn't speaking about safe queen rifles for pretty photos, I am talking about tools that are actually used, I know we are a small group nowadays, lol!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I have to ask why?  In a saturated market another stock that brings nothing new.  Magpul has the stock game locked up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]
You have the best grips, they are all I use.Now I will use your stocks. They look well made and functional. Any hand-guards in the future to round it out? (not aluminum) Craig
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is on our list.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have to ask why?  In a saturated market another stock that brings nothing new.  Magpul has the stock game locked up.
View Quote

Everybody has a CTR. People will buy this just so their rifle can have something different. I'll be one of them.

We love options.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Everybody has a CTR. People will buy this just so their rifle can have something different. I'll be one of them.

We love options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We love options.

+1 Options are always good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I have too many options for parts!" said no one ever.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I have to say, this stock blows Magpul out of the water. Get one, you'll love it!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I have decided that I want this stock on a build I am wrapping up. Are the recoil pads now available? If not how can I get one to give it a run, or to purchase? Thanks Hogue, nevermind the negative comments, y'all build excellent products and I am not embarrassed at all to say that I have a Hogue item of one kind or another on all my SD weapons and see no plans of changing any time soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Just wanted to comment on the overmolded finger groove grips with the beaver tail since we discussed them earlier in this thread. They fit and feel fantastic, ditched my Magpul MIAD's on two other AR's For these and love them! One of mine already had the normal finger groove model and most of my hand guns use your grips so I'm not surprised but kudos, they really are nice!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Very Nice indeed
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#31]
What material are your buffer tubes?
I see you offer some packages
Can we contact you for some mix and match?  For instance I am interested in your buttstock buffer kit combo plus over mold grip
Thanks
Look great
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks comfortable. Might have to get one
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered the stock and grip in ghillie tan for the wife's second rifle and they showed up today.  She had seen the photos on the website and wanted them.  Hogue shipped quickly, less than a week from order to delivery, very happy with that.

The stock appears well made, I wouldn't hesitate to pick use one myself even after having been happy with CTR's on all my collapsibles.  The grip feels OK, it's the version without finger grooves.  I'm glad to see that option offered, since the finger grooves have always made me avoid Hogue's AR grips in the past.  I'd pick this grip if using their buttstock.

Unfortunately, neither piece was mounted and I'll most likely have to put them up for sale locally.  She loved the grip, but the match with the stock really wasn't even close.  Most shooters would have just mounted it and been OK, had it been for me I probably would have too since I understand that different batches of rubber are going to show some color variation.  But, her gun, her rules.  After looking at it even I had go .

Not a knock on Hogue here by any means, parts are well made, shipping was quick, price was reasonable, just have to keep my source of sammiches happy and this stuff didn't do it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#36]
IM sent to keep from cluttering the forum.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#37]
The red lava looks awesome!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#38]
3 QD swivel sockets are a really nice idea.
Please tell me they are limited rotation?
If not I really couldn't use the product.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been looking on the website for the OverMolded Collapsible stock and non-finger groove beavertail grip in the Ghillie Green color and all I can find is OD Green. Can you help me out with order info?

Nevermind, I got it figured out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Any word on pricing for the butt pad?

Also will the pads be available in the same colors offered rest of the AR furniture?
I'd love it if they were, it would totally validate my need for Hogue furnished lower for my 450 Bushmaster upper (which already needs your overmold free float handguard).

P.S. I've always been a huge fan of your products and seeing your customer service just through this thread makes me an even bigger fan of your company. Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:14:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I've had this one for T&E for a little while now, the rubber cheek rest is definitely grippy but that's not a problem, would like
to see a secondary locker to tighten it up there's a couple millimeters of slop in mine but nothing to fret about, I dig it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Daryl, let us make this right.
As you know color variations do occur, it's something we battle. Please contact Hogue customer service at extension 204 and we will see if we can't fix this.
That's (800) 438-4747 Ext. 204

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered the stock and grip in ghillie tan for the wife's second rifle and they showed up today.  She had seen the photos on the website and wanted them.  Hogue shipped quickly, less than a week from order to delivery, very happy with that.

The stock appears well made, I wouldn't hesitate to pick use one myself even after having been happy with CTR's on all my collapsibles.  The grip feels OK, it's the version without finger grooves.  I'm glad to see that option offered, since the finger grooves have always made me avoid Hogue's AR grips in the past.  I'd pick this grip if using their buttstock.

Unfortunately, neither piece was mounted and I'll most likely have to put them up for sale locally.  She loved the grip, but the match with the stock really wasn't even close.  Most shooters would have just mounted it and been OK, had it been for me I probably would have too since I understand that different batches of rubber are going to show some color variation.  But, her gun, her rules.  After looking at it even I had go .

Not a knock on Hogue here by any means, parts are well made, shipping was quick, price was reasonable, just have to keep my source of sammiches happy and this stuff didn't do it.

Daryl, let us make this right.
As you know color variations do occur, it's something we battle. Please contact Hogue customer service at extension 204 and we will see if we can't fix this.
That's (800) 438-4747 Ext. 204

Hogue has done good.  All is well.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Another action shot....

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Weight is 6.8 ounces.  I just ordered mine thru midway.  Can't wait to receive it!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anybody have one in OD green yet? Is it as light as it looks in the picture or is it just me? The initial picture fooled me into thinking it was foliage green (which is what i'd be interested in), but there is only OD listed as a color option?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Any plans for a fixed stock? Maybe a skeletonized A2 style?
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top