Posted: 4/18/2014 7:09:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
how much does your standard weigh? couldnt find specs
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Building a 300 blackout 16" now... Any issues cycling with the. Low mass carriers for that round?  Supers, but this caliber is new to me.

Love the looks of that carrier!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
finally a lightweight carrier that doesn't look riduculously home made (Spikes with the holes all over it), or useless shark teeth (Voodoo).  

Love the fact that its melonited too without a "coating" without a made up name!  Great job Seekins!

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you choose the proper buffer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Building a 300 blackout 16" now... Any issues cycling with the. Low mass carriers for that round?  Supers, but this caliber is new to me.

Depends on the buffer that you are running too.

I chose the heaviest buffer that would still cycle my 8.2" supressed and unsuppressed supers, and sub sonic. Spikes Tactical ST-3 works for me. So far only factory ammo, had a few issues with Hornday unsuppressed 208gr. otherwise all is good.

An adjustable gas block would certainly help, soon to do an SBR and it will have an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the buffer that you are running too.

By how your rifle cycles.
It depends on the configuration of your rifle, but you have to start someplace,go with what works for people close to what you have then tune it.

The best thing to tune your rifle is a adjustable gasblock like Kubota says. The best out are the Syrac and SLR sentry, they use a click stop detent that won't back out after adjustment from the front.
I use one and a ST-2 buffer with a enhanced blue sprinco "Tactical Springs" on a 16" mid length. I have a extra Syrac in the ee. Kubota uses a heavier ST-3, his is short and supressed lotz more pressure.
It's all physics.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top