BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW! An adjustable Ti gas-block with the best design in the segment, perfect!

How long am I going to have to wait for .625 set-screw blackened version?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Any eta on tool-less sentry 6s?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had an opportunity to use mine for competition and run many more rounds through it. It still works and looks great.
I really like it and no complaints aside from one:

It would be nice if the index points were finer. There are pretty big jumps in gas openings. No a deal breaker, just wish the detents were a little closer together.

Overall a great product.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll look into this. Always some guy trying to throw a 45Degree on a FSB.....LoL

Thanks, Enjoy

Todd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got my 7R-high-toolless installed yesterday. Lines up great with the rail on the Colt 308. Can't wait to try it with the suppressor.

Only one complaint. I had planned to try out a set of Knights 45 degree sights on this one. They are a no go with the 7R. The set screw on the sights is supposed to engage the angled surface that meets the bottom of the slot in the rail. This area of the 7R is machined away, eliminating the contact point for the sights set screw.

Went ahead and mounted the sights to the forend but it gives up a couple inches of sight radius, not something that my, um, mature eyes appreciate. I'll probably end up using these sights on something else.

For anyone planning to change the gasblockfoldingfrontsight on a Colt 901, you'll need a Armalite AR10 carbine gas tube. It's longer than a Middy and bent. The Colt uses a straight tube. The taper pins were less than  pleasant to remove.

The SLR gas block is very nicely machined. The clicks on the adjustment screw are very positive as are the stops on the adjuster lever. Mine also came with a  standard adjustment screw and wrench, a nice bonus.

I'll look into this. Always some guy trying to throw a 45Degree on a FSB.....LoL

Thanks, Enjoy

Todd
Has anyone else tried this?  I hope to put a SA7-R-LOW-T on a DPMS G2 AP4 with the Magpul MBUS PRO-Offset sights.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anyone else tried this?  I hope to put a SA7-R-LOW-T on a DPMS G2 AP4 with the Magpul MBUS PRO-Offset sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my 7R-high-toolless installed yesterday. Lines up great with the rail on the Colt 308. Can't wait to try it with the suppressor.
Only one complaint. I had planned to try out a set of Knights 45 degree sights on this one. They are a no go with the 7R. The set screw on the sights is supposed to engage the angled surface that meets the bottom of the slot in the rail. This area of the 7R is machined away, eliminating the contact point for the sights set screw.
Went ahead and mounted the sights to the forend but it gives up a couple inches of sight radius, not something that my, um, mature eyes appreciate. I'll probably end up using these sights on something else.
For anyone planning to change the gasblockfoldingfrontsight on a Colt 901, you'll need a Armalite AR10 carbine gas tube. It's longer than a Middy and bent. The Colt uses a straight tube. The taper pins were less than  pleasant to remove.
The SLR gas block is very nicely machined. The clicks on the adjustment screw are very positive as are the stops on the adjuster lever. Mine also came with a  standard adjustment screw and wrench, a nice bonus.

Thanks, Enjoy
Todd

Just going by the pictures I've seen of the Magpul offset sights, you should be fine. The Magpul sights look to have  a clamping piece to secure them where the KAC offsets use a set screw that engages the bottom of the pic rail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Since nobody has posted much about the Sentry 8 .875 adjustable gas block I will mention my experience after reading all 21 pages.

Thanks again I was order # 6301

I understand these are close to universal and can fit under any rail/handguard but I have to do some milling on the inside of my NSR rail to clear the detent spring side.

I have a 20" Noveske medium varmint 5.56 barrel with a .875 gas block and I am using the 16.7" Noveske NSR rail in conjunction with your Sentry 8 set screw premium adj. gas block.

After installing the barrel on a MEGA SBU and hand tightening the barrel nut for fitment, I tried to slide the NSR rail onto the barrel nut and the gas block doesn't clear my rail. I fiddled it for a few minutes trying different angles and it seems like it needs about 1-2mm more on the inside of the NSRs upper right hand side.
I would like at least a 1mm clearance between the gas block and NSR rail so I will be milling away about 1.5-2mm of the inside next to the detent or right hand side or my rail pocket under the top rail. Not a big deal and am still very happy with the look and quality of the part.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted to bear testament to the greatness of the Sentry .750 premium.

built an AR15 pistol, 7.5" barrel in 5.56 sporting one of these, and it was dialed in within 10 rounds, shoots supremely soft and has been 100% reliable since, with about 500 rounds down the pipe.

all my builds will be rocking SLR gas blocks from now on!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Thought I would chime in since I finally was able to get out and shoot my sentry 6 set screw on my 11.5 BCM KMR upper. Everything worked great but I barely used any of the adjustment. I am on setting 5 unsurpassed. Setting 4 would not lock back the bolt with 223 ammo but it did with 5.56. So I left it at 5. I am ejecting at 4 o'clock with that setting.

Shooting suppressed with my 556 saker, I could get it down to the second position and still have the bolt lock back with 223 ammo. At setting 5 which is where I left it, I am ejecting at the 2 o'clock position when shooting suppressed.

I am very happy with my purchase, this is great product.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
all my builds will be rocking SLR gas blocks from now on!
View Quote

Have put together 4 guns and all but 1 feature these adj blocks. The one that doesn't have it is a 9mm AR .
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Titanium Sentry 7's are coming.

In production now.

22 grams for the .750 Set Screw Sentry.

Eventually all versions will be available in Ti.

They are about 50% Lighter. We are talking about a half once. Its not noticeable!  -that said they are pretty neat.

But I keep getting hammed to make these so its happening.

These 7-S should be available in a few weeks in raw and melonite finish.

They will be moar expensiver.

I'll have more info after Shot Show.

Heading out in about 5 hrs.

Todd
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/SLRrifleworks/IMG_8093_zps121236f1.png

View Quote

Nice to see these have made it to market! 'Sure looks promising

Does "melonite finish" mean blackened? I didn't know titanium could be melonited. Can I expect a .625 version aswell? thanks.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_125&product_id=496
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
How about the clamp-on versions?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How about the clamp-on versions?
View Quote

I've been asking in the other thread ( http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_565/260081_Titanium_Sentry_s_are_here.html&page=2&anc=bottom#bottom ) for a while.  No answer yet.

I sure hope so!  I have a pile of light weight parts for my build, but am waiting on a clamp on Ti Sentry 7 to finish it off with.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Black version of titanium gas-blocks?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We have not tested a clamp version at all so nothing on the horizon right now. . Ti does not like to be flexed like that in my experience.
View Quote

It'll only be clamped on once.    That's a pretty small flex.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get it.

Some people use Ti as leaf springs.

ETA:    

"Titanium Grade 5 – Ti6Al4V Titanium Alloy
Titanium Grade 5  has good tensile properties at ambient temperature and a useful creep resistance up to 300°C (570°F). Resistance to fatigue and crack propagation is excellent. Like most titanium alloys, Grade 5 has outstanding resistance to corrosion in most natural and many industrial process environments. The ability to age harden this alloy makes it a good choice for such applications as springs and fasteners."

http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=5107
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Whats the center to center spacing on the set screws for these SLR TI gas blocks ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

.400"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats the center to center spacing on the set screws for these SLR TI gas blocks ?

.400"

Do the Ti units change color at all from repeated usage and heat?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Do these use knurled set screws?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is too much spring pressure fro that to work even if it was in front of a HG.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do these use knurled set screws?

There is too much spring pressure fro that to work even if it was in front of a HG.

The two set screws on the bottom have springs? I'm not talking about the adjustment screw for gas pressure. I mean the barrel set screws.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the slr. 750 pinned titanium gas block a direct fit onto a noveske infidel barrel or do I need to drill a pin slot.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#28]
'Got a .625 and .750 titanium adjustable gas blocks, well done SRL!
Just waiting to get them cerakoted black and I'll be in business. I have not doubt the SLR adjustable design is the most robust on the market.

Sentry 6 adjustable titanium: .9oz
Sentry 7 adjustable titanium: .97oz
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is the slr. 750 pinned titanium gas block a direct fit onto a noveske infidel barrel or do I need to drill a pin slot.
View Quote

Pinned gas blocks and the barrels drilled for them are not interchangeable.  You won't even be ably to take another Noveske gas block and have it mate up with your Noveske barrel.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I was a little hesitant to spend $113 on a gas block but everyone was telling me I needed an adjustable gas block to make my 308 AR run correctly. I'm glad I went ahead and did it and I have to say the SLR Sentry is worth every penny. The click adjustments are perfect and the whole thing is TINY. It fit underneath my UTG super slim handguard with room to spare and is easy to adjust from the front.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#31]
The titanium block fits under a 2A arms m-lok rail as well. Its tight but it fits.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Our Barrel Dimple Jigs are available now.

.625" and .750" are available. (both pictured)

Replaceable Melonited drill bushing and Centering screw

Wrenches and Drill bit available as well.

.400" Spacing if wanting to dimple both set screws.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/SLRrifleworks/DSC_8627_zpswftuhjpb.jpg
View Quote

What's the price on those?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#36]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
17 months (over 510 days) and counting aimless. Just wow.
View Quote

That rule hasn't been enforced since day one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#38]
over 60 days
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top